Estonishing! (Part III: Return to Estonia)

MarcxD

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

July 2028

july_transfers_out.png

Promised Redan I'd sell him for a decent sum, and I sold two of the non-EU talents who'd need multiple more years to get into the registration rules for decent sums. 

july_transfer_incoming.png

Needed to replace Redan, so I got in another Dutch attacking player who can play at AML, AMC, AMR and even striker if he has to.

july.png

Through the first CL qualifying round we had to play, although it wasn't super easy. Still keeping up our streak of no goals conceded domestically!

july_record.png

july_achievement.png

july_league_table.png

100-3... last year we scored a total of 110 goals in the league. Crazy stuff.

August 2028

august.png

Another fantastic month, perfect, and some bizarrely strong performances in the Champions League qualifiers.

august_league_table.png

august_cl_draw.png

Normally a very tough group, kind of surprising to see Köln in the CL but it is 2028 so things should have changed a bit - and as they finished fourth in the Bundesliga last year certainly not a team to underestimate.

September 2028

september.png

One point in the CL and a second draw in the league. But still keeping up the no goals conceded streak in the league...

september_league_table.png

Just shocking to see we have scored more than 100 goals more than number two in the league. How they have only scored 26 goals and are in second is crazy to me.

september_youth_intake.png

A really bad intake, none of the players I did sign are any good either, it seems like.

October 2028

october.png

A goal conceded :mad: but then we went on to beat Sporting 5-0.... lost the other game agains them though. And Chong got injured for pretty much the rest of the season. :(

october_league_table.png

great result against Sporting. This result and the ones against PSV and Marseilles (if I remember correctly), suggest that you may be close to sneaking a Europa League trophy I think.

But I can understand how your season becomes reliant on whether you get a good draw in Europe as the league is a wash.

14 minutes ago, kidthekid said:

great result against Sporting. This result and the ones against PSV and Marseilles (if I remember correctly), suggest that you may be close to sneaking a Europa League trophy I think.

But I can understand how your season becomes reliant on whether you get a good draw in Europe as the league is a wash.

Cheers, we are just not good enough to get the results against the top teams in that competition, consistently at least. And I really feel like I've hit a plateau now, it's hard to sign players with the registration rules, and the youth level is not good enough to compete that highly.

Season Review 2028

2028_best_eleven.png

A fantastic season - 60 goals from Obrenovic, but an even bigger star was Salum Bonny with an absolutely amazing 8.31 average rating.

best_eleven_overall_incorrect.png

This is now the best eleven overall after 12 years - take into account, though, that some seasons are counted double, Diarrassouba did great but did not score 298 goals for the club, for instance.

seasons_counted.png

As you can see here.

squad_2028.png

Player values have actually risen a bit, probably due to the higher league and club reputation. 

Future plans

I have a long-term plan of what I want to do with this save, it is far from over.

I will resign from Flora first. I don't see it happening for me, and while winning is fun, conceding 4 goals in an entire league season with a tactic that's really not built on the defensive side is just a bit too much. It's kind of mindlessly going through the seasons at this point and that's just not too much fun. 

resigned.png

(Sissoko????)

I will now be looking for a foreign team in a big league, and build an Estonian presence there, while also taking over the national team.

My plan is to end this save with a return to the Estonian league at a much later point in time.

On 23/06/2018 at 11:40, mrenigma said:

Good luck in your future. Was intresting to see someone playing my native country team, Estonia.

On 23/06/2018 at 15:00, Sheriff7 said:

Good idea mate.. :thup:

On 23/06/2018 at 15:38, ClemB said:

Great idea

Cheers guys, I have not yet found a club but I can say I have become manager of the Estonian national team!

estonia_manager.png

(as you can see I did use another manager to make the job available)

Edited by MarcxD

2029 with the Estonia national team

2029_games.png

The games in september, october and november were managed by me. There were some different results, let's say. We started well with seven points from the first three games, but then we faced the Dutch. We got a red card after ten minutes and things went downhill from there..... :ackter:

2029_group.png

Not too mad with the final standing in the group, though, when you look at where we started. Ireland was one of the number two teams not making it to the world cup either, as was Germany, who finished behind Romania in their group!

2029_final_squad.png

This was my final squad of the year, missing two or so players because of injury. But it's clear that Flora plays a large part in my squad.

2029_estonia_best_eleven.png

The best eleven is not my tactic, even though I did manage the majority of the games.

2029_overall_estonian_best_eleven.png

This is the best eleven overall, for full context.

2030 has just started, and I've also found myself a club job...

2030... a new year, a new club, a new challenge.

I was not sure what I should do - go to one of the top leagues or would that be a step too far? The Dutch league is always tempting for me, of course. But I have decided to take a low to mid table club in one of the bigger leagues...

2030_Frankfurt_manager.png

Frankfurt, in the Bundesliga!

They are doing very poorly, 18th at mid-season. My first job will be to keep them up. I will not have any philosophy here except for trying to sign Estonian staff and players.

2030_frankfurt_history.png

Great facilities, but moving between the top and second tier for the previous years.

2030_frankfurt_league_table.png

5 points behind safety with a game in hand, if we can get going it should not be too hard to be safe. Also, yes, that is Kaiserslautern in third.

2030_squad.png

This is the squad, before I have done anything with it.

2030_frankfurt_ben_salem.png

2030_frankfurt_charlier.png

The two key players at the club, of whom one is a loan player.

January 2030 - Frankfurt

january_transfers_incoming.png

Not a huge transfer budget but enough to sign my first Estonian player, central defender Ivanov. I also signed a Portuguese talent.

january.png

We had a fantastic start, getting a last-minute win over Mainz, and a great win over Leipzig as well. Bayern was much too tough for us - including my former striker Diarrassouba, who they've signed for 95M (!!!) from Leverkusen.

january_league_table.png

The bottom of the league is very close, but if we can keep getting results this is going to be easy.

Youth Intake 2030

march_youth_intake.png

Wow, amazing intake - but if it's because the first team level is poor or these are all fantastic, I'm not sure. Quite a lot of poor personalities, so am going to change DoF and will look if some tutoring is possible. The big down side of managing in Germany now is that these players will take a long while before they can play... they need to be 17.

ypf1d.png

Highest CA/PA combo is this guy, honestly needs a lot of work.

March 2030 - Frankfurt & Estonia

march.png

Continuing as we are, scoring a ton of goals and conceding lots as well.

march_league_table.png

In 11th...

march_april_estonia.png

Well, this was really bad. First we lost literally seven players due to injury. Israel is also sixteenth in the world. But that's enough excuses. We were shocking against Albania - but we did have 20 shots. Finish them~!

April - May 2030

april_may.png

Huge victory over Dortmund and a league-ending win over the champions, Bayern. Wow. Some lesser results in the middle, of course, but that's besides the point.

final_league_table.png

Tenth is a very decent end-point, I'd say. Did very well and if we can continue like this next season European football should definitely be possible.

squad.png

I would've liked Ivanov to have performed better, but at least we've got an Estonian player who is able to play at this level, some what competently.

2030 Baltic Cup

baltic_cup_2.png

A great win over Lithuania, but surprisingly the Latvians beat us in the first Baltic Cup managed by me.

baltic_cup.png

It was just enough though, as the Lithuanians beat Latvia.

baltic_cup_win_and_history.png

As you can see, it's the fourth consecutive win of this trophy, so can't say I'm overperforming.

2030 Pre-Season & August

2030_season_reviews.png

Not the greatest odds - but the way we played last season was hopeful enough for a chance at European qualification if not more.

2030_transfers.png

I signed a bunch of improvements for the team including another Estonian and former Flora player, Rajaver (obviously) never made it at Juventus but he should be decent for this level. Great signing. Could get rid of another right-back in Salamah who wanted to leave anyway.

pre_season_2030.png

Pretty good pre-season overall.

august.png

We only played the two competitive games in August, but two 3-1 wins is a nice way to start out...

august_league_table.png

It even means a first place in the league!

By the way, just as a note, I'm posting a bit less on here, what with the summer weather, world cup and other games that are keeping me busy!

Interesting move from Estonia to Germany. It's a shame the options to develop a country in FM are kind of limited (although I guess it's a correct simulation) because there's not that much to do once you max out facilities, recruitment etc. I guess in a big league like the Bundesliga you can buy Estonians and max out their PA quite easily due to the standard of the league and the facilities, but ultimately for the national team you're gonna be limited by what low PAs are generated by the Estonian clubs anyway.

19 hours ago, noikeee said:

Interesting move from Estonia to Germany. It's a shame the options to develop a country in FM are kind of limited (although I guess it's a correct simulation) because there's not that much to do once you max out facilities, recruitment etc. I guess in a big league like the Bundesliga you can buy Estonians and max out their PA quite easily due to the standard of the league and the facilities, but ultimately for the national team you're gonna be limited by what low PAs are generated by the Estonian clubs anyway.

True, I will be mostly be limited to Flora's players. I guess another way would be to jump clubs in Estonia and do the same grind at each club but that's just not a very appealing way to play the game to me.

On 02/07/2018 at 23:48, Sheriff7 said:

Very good start mate  and what is Hamburg doing in first division?? :lol:

18 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Really mate you gave all us who make club and country saves a great idea how to continue our saves when we max out training and youth facilities.. ;):thup::cool:

Thanks man! I definitely see how this can work in other circumstances as well. 

September 2030

september_estonia.png

Started with the nations league games this month, a good convincing win against Azerbaijan but we were lucky to get a draw against Moldova, they were the better side.

september.png

With Frankfurt it was a crazy month, not too often there are at least 6 goals scored in each match...

september_league_table.png

17-17 after 5 matches...

October 2030

october_estonia.png

Two more strong wins in the Nations League, it will be between us and Moldova to see who'll win and get promoted.

october.png

A better month, although we should've probably won both games we drew. Krüger keeps scoring - he is the league topscorer with 12 goals from 8.

october_league_table.png

Not much to say about the league really since it's all so close except for the top three teams perhaps.

Edited by MarcxD

November 2030

november_estonia.png

Two more great wins ...

november_estonia_group.png

Promoted to the C division.

november.png

Another improvement with Frankfurt, except for the opening game of the month. Three clean sheets in a row as well.

november_league_table.png

Battling for a possible European spot so far.

December 2030

december.png

Another strong month, although it was very disappointing to lose to rivals Kaiserslautern.

december_league_table.png

Actually made the top 4 half-way.

december_700_game_milestone.png

december_estonia_draw.png

Tough draw for the qualifiers, no extremely poor country and three teams that will pose real challenges. Interesting Baltic derby I guess.

14 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

december_estonia_draw.png

Tough draw for the qualifiers, no extremely poor country and three teams that will pose real challenges. Interesting Baltic derby I guess.

Have Estonia already qualified for a tournament before you took over? I feel like you have a really good shot this time out as you're obviously way too good for the D Division, but you still play those countries in a playoff if you don't manage to finish in the top 2 of this group.

Edited by Timetxu

Loving the look of Fethi!

And Krüger seems to be a consistent scorer, how's he looking? 

I'm curious what setup you have - is it one that makes Fethi and his dribbling a focal point?

23 hours ago, Timetxu said:

Have Estonia already qualified for a tournament before you took over? I feel like you have a really good shot this time out as you're obviously way too good for the D Division, but you still play those countries in a playoff if you don't manage to finish in the top 2 of this group.

I forgot about that part of the nations league actually, it just seems a bit outlandish to me that a D division team will make it to a European championship. But no, Estonia has not made it to a tournament yet in this save. They have been promoted from the D division before though.

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

Loving the look of Fethi!

And Krüger seems to be a consistent scorer, how's he looking? 

I'm curious what setup you have - is it one that makes Fethi and his dribbling a focal point?

I've mostly been using the same tactic this entire save, which uses a shadow striker which fits Fethi's crazy dribbling skills, although he is not the focal point of the tactic probably, that would be the striker. Probably why Krüger has scored so much!

tactics.png

My typical front 4:

Fethi_Ben_Salem.pngSteven_Roussel.pngTom_Veerman.pngflorian_kruger.png

Krüger is decent, not much more than that and he's aging. But decent attributes alongside with being decently consistent and good at key matches makes for a good goal scoring striker. Too bad he's not injured for a while. Not sure yet how I want to approach replacing him, since I brought in Veerman already in the summer but I'm mostly using him as an AML since he is one of those multi-functional attacking players, a type I love to use.

Cheers man! 

Interesting tactic as I'd be afraid of getting overrun in midfield with the CM(A). How is that working out for you, is Ammerman just a beast who closes all gaps? (would love to see him as well btw) 

But I like the aggressive style overall, especially with a SS behind an AF.  

Krüger looks awfully average, so those numbers are hugely impressive. 

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

Cheers man! 

Interesting tactic as I'd be afraid of getting overrun in midfield with the CM(A). How is that working out for you, is Ammerman just a beast who closes all gaps? (would love to see him as well btw) 

But I like the aggressive style overall, especially with a SS behind an AF.  

Krüger looks awfully average, so those numbers are hugely impressive. 

Well, it's probably the reason why we concede quite a few goals :lol: I do ask my attacking players to close down and tackle, trying to regain the ball quickly if possible.

Torsten_Ammerman.png

20 Determination is quite useful for his role, but as you can see he's not the best BWM in the world either. The squad just overall needs improving on all fronts really.

January 2031

january_transfers_incoming.png

I signed a new left-back who was transferlisted by RBL, a decent improvement for us. I decided to sell a back-up midfielder and since I wasn't happy with anyone I found as a possible permanent replacement I decided to loan a new back-up midfielder.

january_transfers_outgoing.png

Getting rid of some players not up to the level.

january.png

Two rough league game to start the year out with, with two losses. Veerman doing well in the striker position now that that Krüger is injured!

january_league_table.png

A European spot will be the clear goal for the rest of the season, alongside with the cup, since we're in the QFs.

1 hour ago, MarcxD said:

Well, it's probably the reason why we concede quite a few goals :lol: I do ask my attacking players to close down and tackle, trying to regain the ball quickly if possible.

Torsten_Ammerman.png

20 Determination is quite useful for his role, but as you can see he's not the best BWM in the world either. The squad just overall needs improving on all fronts really.

I like the look of him tbh! Quite handy player, but yeah, not the greatest BWM in the history. 

16 minutes ago, MarcxD said:

9_4.png

:eek:

:lol:

Well.. we did talk about your formation being very aggressive and leaving a bit open behind. :lol:

Edited by Benjoe

March 2031

march.png

Not a bad month although we should be beating a team like Sandhausen.

march_league_table.png

In third, remarkably. But really close, we are looking good for a top 6 finish though.

march_estonia.png

A really difficult opener to the qualifying group, but at least we managed to score twice.

April 2031

april.png

Sad to lose in the semi-final of the cup, but Bayern is on another level.

april_league_table.png

We've secured European football next season! And CL is still possible. We still have to face Bayern another time in the league though, so it might be very close.

May 2031

may.png

A bunch of close games - but we didn't lose to Bayern.

final_league_table.png

And in the end it was JUST enough to get that fourth spot and we'll be playing CL next season! 

may_league_money.png

Not a bad financial reward either.

2030-2031 Season Review

2031_season_review.png

Overall a very decent season, overperformed my own expectations - I thought EL would be likely, but CL not so much. 

best_eleven_2031.png

Fantastic year for Veerman and Krüger can be proud of his 21 goals in 21 apps... the Estonians have not made the first team but played pretty well throughout the year when called upon.

squad_2031.png

awards.png

Too lazy to screenshot them all but a bunch of awards for me and Veerman.

13 hours ago, john1 said:

Fantastic season :cool: And what a huge win over Wales :eek: 

Cheers! Wales are definitely a step above us normally, on the other hand the last tournament they qualified for was the 2022 World Cup.