Estonishing! (Part III: Return to Estonia)

MarcxD

I'm managing in Cyprus and I thought their registration and match day rules were tough...This one takes it to another level. Would be interesting to see how you build the league and the country in this save.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Weird..I'm pretty sure this is Estonian researcher problem because for example in Greek Leagues you can found real life players names and stats even of amateur players who play in very low category. But our researchers make amazing work every year.. 

Do you know how to connect with SI about scouting, maybe there is time to improve it for next year.

8 hours ago, kidthekid said:

I'm managing in Cyprus and I thought their registration and match day rules were tough...This one takes it to another level. Would be interesting to see how you build the league and the country in this save.

Yeah, it's a bit much! But it keeps it interesting at least, and forces both me and the AI to play our own youngsters.

I'm optimistic with regards to the national team, the first youth intake was already pretty decent. But the league is going to take a long while I think, with the small amount of money available. Maybe a tycoon will show up at some point...

May 2018

may.png

When the core of your team is out on international break and you have to play the cup final. :ackter:

We did beat Vaprus in the semi final but lost to them again in the league. The game might not recognize it but I'm seeing them as the fiercest rivals you can have.

may_league_table.png

Still in first but those few games brought Tulevik back in things, Levadia and Vaprus further behind, Kalju nowhere to be found for now.

Edited by MarcxD

June-July 2018

june_july.png

There were no games scheduled for june so I arranged some friendlies to keep up fitness, perhaps build some more morale if needed. That went well enough, and july meant it was time for some CL qualifiers! Slovan Bratislava seemed like a relatively tough draw to me in the first round but we very easily dealt with them. Next up is Celtic. Another Scottish team to defeat us like rangers last year, I presumed, but the home game was a good 2-2 result. With a lot of luck perhaps an easy 0-1 away win? One can only hope.

Poor finish to the month with a loss, but I'm trying to rotate a bit for the CL games.

july_league_table.png

Look at who's in first... 

We have already dropped more points than last year, so would be nice to get a little bit more consistent.

August 2018

august.png

Wow, what a month. We had a bad start, no chance against Celtic and then we lost to Vaprus again, of course. Sheriff first in the EL, we did very well to beat them and also returned to winning ways in the league. Dinamo Zagreb seemed to be a tough team to beat, but we did it anyway!!! 

august_CL_money.png

First this was the money from the CL games...

august_EL.png

But this is going to be so nice.

august_league_table.png

Now 5 games behind the top 3 teams, but 9 points should be easy enough to take from those games.

august_EL_draw.png

Easy group!

at first, couple of small "cheats": at first, if it's not late, you can loan Matias Kait from Fulham, he's always agree for the loan (to Flora, I haven't tried other estonian teams) and he's a true star to Meistriliiga. Also I'd advice you to look at Chelsea's reserves, there're many good players, who are agree to go on loan to Flora, also without any fee and wage. For example, I've loaned Victorien Angban from there.

at second, Estonian researcher is Milos Tasic, you can find him to PM in FM18 Bugs/Database and Research Issues/Europe. Also Estonian Football Federation made new good website, where you can find rosters of 3 or 4 Estonian leagues. The only issue: SI recommends to avoid adding players and staff to the lower unplayable leagues, so it may be a problem.

3 hours ago, steff13 said:

at first, couple of small "cheats": at first, if it's not late, you can loan Matias Kait from Fulham, he's always agree for the loan (to Flora, I haven't tried other estonian teams) and he's a true star to Meistriliiga. Also I'd advice you to look at Chelsea's reserves, there're many good players, who are agree to go on loan to Flora, also without any fee and wage. For example, I've loaned Victorien Angban from there.

at second, Estonian researcher is Milos Tasic, you can find him to PM in FM18 Bugs/Database and Research Issues/Europe. Also Estonian Football Federation made new good website, where you can find rosters of 3 or 4 Estonian leagues. The only issue: SI recommends to avoid adding players and staff to the lower unplayable leagues, so it may be a problem.

I'll check Kait out for next season, cheers. 

Youth Intake 2018

youth_intake_18.png

Looks pretty good again, although the PPA seems a little bit less so than last year's intake.

yp2a.png

Perhaps the best player this year, not really awe inspiring for a striker though, 3 jumping reach and 175 cm :herman:

4 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

I'm a little late to the party... This should continue to be a great adventure in a country rarely seen in these parts!

Oh, just getting started! Thank you man!

September 2018

I decided to start the month off right and using our newfound riches.

september_junior_coaching.png

september_youth_recruitment.png

september_youth_facilities.png

september_scouting_range.png

Have decided to only do one facility upgrade for now though, want to build up a little bit of a buffer if we don't do so well in Europe the next couple of seasons.

september.png

We had a rough start to the month with a home loss in the league and later on in the month we dropped points again, that really needs to stop. Did win two cup rounds. Lost the EL opener against Las Palmas but honestly we didn't do very poorly or were outclassed terribly, which is good enough for now.

October 2018

october.png

Really could have donw tihout dropping points against Kalju, especially after I was in a good mood after beating Vaprus. Damn. Lost both EL games pretty much hopelessly.

october_league_table.png

We are now dependent on Vaprus to drop some points in their last two games, awful position to be in. And then we still have to win all three of our games, which is a hard task with how inconsistent we've been throughout the season.

November-December 2018

november_december.png

3 last league games, 7 points. Would it be enough...? And 3 more losses in the Europa League group, which just turned into a disappointing mess after the great results in the qualifiers.

final_league_table.png

november_title_win.png

Vaprus screwed up, so we got the title again! Wow, a much more tense fight for the title, thanks to our own mistakes. Will need to rethink and revamp the squad a bit for next season. Whether to go for my own youth or imports...

final_table_second_tier.png

final_table_third_tier.png

The u-21 and u-19 teams just missed out on their respective titles. 

november_100_games_milestone.png

I also got my first milestone here, a little bit over 100 games in two years, not too bad.

Edited by MarcxD

14 hours ago, saihtam said:

Do you know how to connect with SI about scouting, maybe there is time to improve it for next year.

There should be a topic about Estonian League in bugs forum. Probably there... 

Very interesting new save you have here Marc, and it's not disappointed so far, especially with that rivalry against Vaprus. It'll be interesting to see how far you can go in a nation like this, hopefully it'll be to the very top! Will be following.

11 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Cracking stuff!

9 hours ago, kidthekid said:

Wow, what a choke by Vaprus, but great late season surge.

8 hours ago, rodesire said:

That was a carbon copy of my last season finale :D Nice double!

8 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Very interesting new save you have here Marc, and it's not disappointed so far, especially with that rivalry against Vaprus. It'll be interesting to see how far you can go in a nation like this, hopefully it'll be to the very top! Will be following.

Thank you guys, it was very pleasing to see Vaprus fail!

Season Review 2018

season_review_18.png

A fantastic season in one way since we got to the Europa League groups, which should be a great stepping stone thanks to the money we got. Not quite as good in the league as last year, perhaps the other teams improved but we should be more consistent. It was disappointing to lose out on the cup because most of my first team was on international break. 

best_eleven_18.png

Albanian striker Januzi, the only non-EU player, did very well in his first season. He was clearly the standout performer this season.

best_eleven_overall.png

6 hours ago, Sheriff7 said:

Idelfons still one of your best players! And how old is he 38-39!? 

39 now, one more year on his deal. Although I wouldn't say he's one of my best players now, he's deteriorated quite a bit over the past season.

Pre-Season 2019

predicted_1st_2019.png

expectations_budgets_19.png

The pressure will be on us again to win the title, and hopefully we can do another good stint in Europe.

transfers_19.png

I signed quite a few players, but I belatedly realized that too many weren't homegrown so I couldn't actually register them all...

pre_season_19.png

Assistant arranged friendlies against ridiculous teams again, and was lazy and just called the Moscow clubs, only Lokomotiv seems to be missing.

At least we won another supercup, the first real one as Tulevik won the cup.

March 2019

march.png

Bad start with a home loss, but we got going after that. It is nice having a striker that you can count on! 

march_league_table.png

Four teams started with 9 points and all teams have at least won a game, interesting start to the season.

April 2019

april.png

Fantastic month. Love to beat Vaprus twice in one week, and some very big wins to end the month, against teams we've had trouble with in the past.

april_league_table.png

Getting a nice lead in now. Long way to go though.

May 2019

may.png

Not quite as good a month with two unnecessary losses, not helped by missing some players to an international break again (though it's not as bad as last year). Quite the month for AML Siim Luts though.

may_league_table.png

Still a nice lead on Talinna Kalev and FCI Levadia, Kalju and Vaprus seem to be catching up a little bit on them. 

I thought I had gotten all the money from last year's European run, I guess not.

may_EL_tv_money.png

:D

June 2019

june.png

june_cup_win.png

A perfect month, we won the cup for the first time! Not sure about scheduling two away games against the same side in one week though.

june_league_table.png

10 points lead now, looking very good for a third consecutive title already, halfway the season.

june_training_facilities_upgrade.png

Decided to use the EL TV money and get some training facilities upgrades done, the work on the youth facilities has been completed as well.

July 2019

july.png

We drew Slovan Bratislava again and beat them twice, again. Maccabi Tel-Aviv was too strong for us in the second qualification round though. Partizan up next in the Europa League qualifiers, harsh. 

july_league_table.png

Our lead dropped down to 5 points... 

transfer_outgoing.png

I was forced to sell Ebwelle, a great talent I signed in january. He forced a minimum release fee on me and some of Europe's biggest clubs came in for him after just 6 months.

transfers_july_in.png

I signed three players - I had loaned Gómez and made his stay permanent, while I also signed two Russian youngsters, they'll stay in the u-21s and can become homegrown at some point hopefully.

Edited by MarcxD

August 2019

august.png

Crazy stuff, both against Partizan and BATE we drew 1-1 at home 3-3 away so we made the EL group again!!

august_el_draw.png

Wouldn't surprise me if we lost 6 times again in the group. It's just the money that matters though!

august_league_table.png

Lead increased again.

Edited by MarcxD

Youth Intake 2019

youth_intake_19.png

Happy with this, multiple players who look interesting. 

yp3a.png

A bunch of 1s but purely defensively not bad at all.

yp3b.png

yp3c.png

Two midfielders with possibilities.

6 minutes ago, rodesire said:

Great youth intake, they should end up as decent once given enough training :)

Good job in all competitions, seriously impressive stuff :applause:

Yeah, I agree! Thanks man!

September 2018

september.png

Won all domestic games, but lost the first EL group game. Not terribly though, so really a real good month. Hell Hunt is not a bad club name by the way.

september_league_table.png

Huge lead, another title in the bag unless we lose all games left pretty much

september_youth_facilities_upgrade.png

Getting more facilities upgraded as well.

17 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

Great haul on the intake.

Cheers, excited to see them grow. Some of the players from the first intakes are now slowly getting into the team.

October 2019

october.png

First ever point in the EL group phase! And some more decent wins in the league, twice against the same opposition in 4 days, not the greatest scheduling.

october_league_table.png

october_title_win.png

Whereas last season we needed help on the last matchday this year it's quite convincing.

Looks like the Baltics are quite popular in this forum at the moment - which is quite refreshing actually, very interesting career.

Strong progress so far. Already dominating domestically and starting to make some really notable steps forward in Europe. Moving from here onwards is the hardest part, but given the speed you already made it to back-to-back group stage appearances, I'd bet on you. :thup: 

November-December 2019

november_december.png

Slightly disappointing to not win the last two games of the league season, but somehow we won twice in the Europa League after that, including a huge win over AS Roma....

november_el_group.png

We were already eliminated, but that is an awesome performance.

final_league_table.png

85 points, best season so far.

final_table_second_tier.png

The u21s won their league with a significant gap. Two of the other u-21 teams got relegated, kinda surprising.

final_table_third_tier.png

The u-19s won their league even more convincingly. All three teams champions... 

4 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Looks like the Baltics are quite popular in this forum at the moment - which is quite refreshing actually, very interesting career.

Strong progress so far. Already dominating domestically and starting to make some really notable steps forward in Europe. Moving from here onwards is the hardest part, but given the speed you already made it to back-to-back group stage appearances, I'd bet on you. :thup: 

Thanks man, it's definitely going well so far but a lot more to come hopefully.

Season Review 2019

season_review_19.png

A very strong season, first double, alongside with the supercup and an even beter run in Europe. Facilities getting upgraded and money coming in. Youth players developing... things are looking good for the future. And look at that increase in average attendance. A huge 6% now!

attendance_record_19.png

best_eleven_19.png

Another very strong year for Januzi, but next season he'll get a rival. Mihkel Koger is the first youth player to arrive in the best eleven! Mostly thanks to not having any decent DR's... but still.

best_eleven_overall.png

squad_19.png

Lima stayed one year too long, a bit of a waste. He's retiring, as is Gert Kams even though he has one more year left on his deal. He has severely degraded last season, so I'm okay with that. Some players will be leaving, but most will stay for another season. Karofeld was the main GK for this season but for next year I'll likely try to give Janno Hurt the most matches.

januzi_average_rating_record.png

A new record average rating for Januzi, not a bad one either.

Pre-Season 2020

predicted_1st_2020.png

Huge lead with regards to odds, of course it would be an embarrassment if we wouldn't win the title.

transfers_20.png

I paid money for a player for the first time, a very talented striker from Colombia. He starts at the level of Januzi and should then eclipse him very quickly. Forced a 900k limited fee, so I would not be too surprised if he leaves in the summer. Kütt (for any of the Dutch speaking people, yes I can't help but laugh at that name) is a very talented Estonian homegrown midfielder, who somehow was without a club. 

pre_season_20.png

A relatively strong pre-season; wins over FCSB (in my head I still just call them Steaua) and Lokomotiv Moscow. Terrible defeat against Lechia though. We ended with another supercup win.

On we go for another season.

6 hours ago, rodesire said:

What a season, winning everything domestically with every single team :eek:

Keep it up, the the attendances will rise and here's to more group stage fun next year!

Thank you, it definitely was a good season, I would not be too surprised if that triple champion season would be here to stay though.