Sports Interactive Community
d27K

What is the best midfield partnership roles? (2 & 3 Midfield, 433)

I was wondering what is the best midfield role for a 433?

I am playing Roaming Mid - Deep Lying (D) - Roaming Mid in a 3 midfield system.

Instructions are central passing + work into box @ control mentality

# Forwards are 2 IF & 1 CF - all support

If you're playing three playmakers then they're all going to want the ball and also the rest of the team will be looking to pass to those players. Obviously if it works then great but I've always found that playing too many playmakers isn't that productive. Who's getting into the box to score your goals from midfield? None of those three really will be. My favourite role is the Box to Box midfielder. That works with most roles.

In my opinion there is none best midfield partnership. It all depends on first and foremost what you want to achieve and what the players are cabable of doing. It all depends on your whole setup.

Balance is key. You could go really simple when using a 3 man midfield. One holds and screen. One is in charge of linking defense to midfield and midfield to attack and one pushes forward and joining the attack. Litterally just using a DM(D), CM(s) and CM(a). :)

1 hour ago, d27K said:

I was wondering what is the best midfield role for a 433?

I am playing Roaming Mid - Deep Lying (D) - Roaming Mid in a 3 midfield system.

Instructions are central passing + work into box @ control mentality

# Forwards are 2 IF & 1 CF - all support

These kind of questions are going to illicit really strange advice. You need context, a midfield partnership is only as good as the rest of the players around them. I could set up a 6 man defensive line and play only one central midfielder and that could be the best option in that case. I could set up a 3 man midfield with the express purpose of overloading one side of the flank then a specific combo works there. Alternatively I could just get a hardworking midfield together and hope to use fullbacks to destroy a team, then in that case I need another set of roles and duties. They only work in the context of what you are setting up.

You could have a 433 set up to counter, so you may want soakers in midfield, alternatively you may want a 433 that camps then you want techinical players there, and then you could have a 433 that doesn't depend on your midfield to create anything, then all you need are 2 carrileros and an CM there. It all depends on how you want to set up your tactic. I could set a 433 that controls midfield and forces the AI to send nearly every player it has to that area, then I would be using a different set of roles, so context is everything.

No way should you be using three playmakers. I'm currently using Anchor Man - BWM/S - AP/A. I may change the Anchor Man to a DLP/D and swap the AP/A for a CM/A when I get to the transfer window. This is Fm17 mind.

Untitled_1.jpg

Edited by Tiger666