World Cup Betting Thread

ArsenalFan7

5 hours ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

I'll take approval on 5 out of 6 :brock: assuming you mean the Brazil/Spain one I wouldn't be recommending that to anyone, just a hunch with a spare fiver in the account. There was another couple I forgot I'd put down as well, has just dawned on me how much I've gone overboard in excitement for this :D but not playing with massive stakes over here so all good for entertainment purposes.

Korea (and potentially Morocco?) iffy on the last but as it was only a free tenner I'm happy enough with only needing 2+ at the odds, more interest for some smaller sides. 

Sorry meant last, the goalscorer one. But misread it as more than 1 goal rather than at least 1.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did a couple last night:

Morocco to concede less than 3 12/1

Australia, Iran, Panama & Saudi U1.5 goals 33/1

Germany & Spain to make Semi's & Panama not to score 28/1

Argentina U7.5 goals 10/11

Brazil/Germany final 11/1

Brazil Spain final 14/1

Spain overall winner 6/1

Panama 0 goals scored 11/2

Peru, Egypt & Senegal to qualify for R16 - 16/1

16 minutes ago, bestbrother said:

Bloke at work has offered me 25/1 on England winning, max bet £5

Seeing as i was going to lump it on with Skybet, might as well take the better odds so I can get a bigger bottle of champagne the night we WIN the whole WORLD. :mad:

25/1 is a great price for England.

Spain win world cup 6/1

Brazil Spain final 18/1

Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, England, France, Germany, Uruguay 4+ group goals each 5/1

Saudi Arabia, Panama, Iran all 4th 3/1

Brazil, Germany, Spain, France to reach quarters 4/1

Cavani, Coutinho, Falcao, Mane, Mbappe, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Salah, Suarez all score 1+ each 6/1

Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, France, Germany, Spain and Uruguay all to qualify from their groups 10/3

Korea Republic, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Serbia, Switzerland Uruguay to score 2+ goals each 6/1

Neymar to win golden ball 9/1

My final selections. Good luck to everyone.

On 12/06/2018 at 15:09, Readingfanman said:

What is everyone's overall NAP?

I think mine would be Germany to make it to the Semi Finals: 5/4

Germany over 9.5 tournament goals at 10/11 on bet365 seems massive to me. Wish I had more money than 50 quid to put on it!

Done a group stage bet myself, all 8 groups, something from each. In an acca, as follows (in group order);

Uruguay Winner/ Russia Runner Up - 15/8

Spain Winner/Portugal Runner up - 6/5

France Winner/ Denmark Runner Up - 7/4

Argentina/Croatia to finish top 2 - 5/6

Brazil Winner/ Costa Rica finish bottom - 3/2

Germany Group Winner - 2/5

Panama to finish bottom - 1/2

Colombia/Poland to finish top 2 - 7/4

Acca pays 460/1 with a couple of quid on. 

Also starting a roller too with Russia to win today v Saudi Arabia. 

16 hours ago, paz said:

World Cup betting podcast hosted by myself, with 3 panellists, including @Readingfanman

Has some superb bets for you to listen to. Let us know what you think about our 28/1 shot.

I'd say it looks pretty good look at the Saudis in this opener, Uruguay should be able to score 5/6 against these alone. Was only 18/1 when I looked earlier though.

Really like Spain most clean sheets call but couldn't find this anywhere.

17 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

I'd say it looks pretty good look at the Saudis in this opener, Uruguay should be able to score 5/6 against these alone. Was only 18/1 when I looked earlier though.

Really like Spain most clean sheets call but couldn't find this anywhere.

You could get 25/1 today still with WH.

Listened too late, was scrambling at last second and couldn't find it anywhere on PP. Only looked at 365 for Uruguay goals but hey ho, I've got more than enough down.

Little boost that will interest people in this thread (given the golden boot love for him) on Skybet, they have Salah to score anytime boosted to 4.5 and with him fit to start, I really fancy risking it at those odds.

Portugal to win BTTS Vs. Spain tomorrow is 7/1 with Betfair. 

At that price I think I'll stick a fiver on it. Don't fancy Spain's chances but with the age of the Portuguese CBs I can't see them keeping a clean sheet. 

• Administrators

So entered the free Betway competition 4toscore which basically gives you four matches and you have to choose the first goalscorer in each. Winner/s get a share of £25k

So I picked C.Ronaldo, Griezmann, Aguero and...Manzuckic. 

How bloody close was that? If the first goal is an OG in a match they second goal is counted as 'first goal'. So still a chance.

Saying that, those four picks are so obvious if it does come in maybe there will be 1000 winners and I'll only end up with £25 :D 

Iwobi was 2/1 to have a shot on target before the game started. I thought that was a good bet. But b365 only count shots on target if they reach the goalie :(

Interesting market though. 

On 11/06/2018 at 09:21, toon_84 said:

I was browsing the request a bet on hills and have taken 1000/1 on there being at least 1 goal and 1 card in all the group games. 

I've got this wrong and it's actually at least one goal and over 7 corners. Amazingly it's still going!

11 hours ago, av3ry said:

Terrible start :(

Think the Golden Boot is already Ronaldo's to lose

It probably is now although I still fancy Lukaku and Kane to grab a few, odds should be really good on both now due to Ronaldo.

Russia really aren't great though. I mean, I understand Russia being favourites and I'd probably go with them winning but Egypt's odds just seem incredibly high and I think are possibly worth a punt.

1 hour ago, Pukey said:

Russia really aren't great though. I mean, I understand Russia being favourites and I'd probably go with them winning but Egypt's odds just seem incredibly high and I think are possibly worth a punt.

Russia aren't great but they have had a blinding start regardless of opposition which will be a massive boost to their confidence / mindset, they have some decent players and the fact that Egypt need a result plays into there hands too, personally I wouldn't go near Egypt just think they are not very good at all and Russia will overwhelm them.

Now as for Senegal and Poland, I do fancy Poland to sneak a win but honestly that game is much closer to call and could go either way imo, if I was looking for a tempting bet with big odds that has a solid chance tomorrow I'd definitely opt for Senegal over Egypt.

The refereeing at this is absolutely infuriating for bets. 14 fouls for Tunisia last night and no card including the rugby tackles, needed the one card for a nice payout :thdn: Just goes to show booking points are stupid as refs con you out of money with their idiocy, sickening.

Outrights look absolutely screwed now with Colombian qualification unlikely and unlikely chance I get 4 group goals off them. Meanwhile what I considered to be my banker in Brazil, Spain, Germany and France in the quarters looks screwrd because Brazil and Germany will probably play each other in the round of 16. I have to laugh, looked great on paper.

The world cup is boring so far, with not much to shout about stats wise or in the way of predictability. Backing the under markets looks the way to go

Archived