World Cup Betting Thread

ArsenalFan7

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally some luck. Had the Salah/Suarez bet and then won on a 2+ goals in each game boost at 3/1 \o/ Today has also made the outrights somewhat interesting, I really have to thank the referee for his incompetence in the Iran game.

Messi to complete the goalscorers bet, 3+ Argentina goals to guarantee qualification and likely get the group goals bet.. so Messi hat trick please? Tbf, I'll be absolutely livid if I lose to the GOAT :D If only he'd buried the pen

Lot of luck with Spain, I'm less and less convinced by them to win it but can't argue that they've been handed a favourable draw, certainly won't complain about having my money on them now. 

And if Korea can get a goal vs Germany and Peru a couple versus Australia, I'll somehow get the 2+ goals bet. Bizarre

Genius! Paddy would have done something so absurd.

Call me stupid but France at 2.15 versus the Danes is tempting me, I quite fancy the rotational players to step up in order to prove a point and haven't been particularly impressed by the Danes in their two games, debating that or 2+ French goals at 2.5.

I'm also (ridiculously) considering Peru to beat Australia at 2.38, they've impressed so much in spite of the results and if they can just put on one last show for their fans and actually hit the net, I'd fancy them to outclass the Aussies.

Didn't bet much this WC, but one of my friends had some bets every day.

Mostly stuff like both teams scoring, number of corners, cards, etc. He barely made it to second game of the day a couple of times.

Today he bets on Germany just to be safe and have something to play for during the evening. :D

1 minute ago, GashGuff17 said:

Is there a way of checking the current booking points for Spain?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/weltmeisterschaft-2018/fairnesstabelle/pokalwettbewerb/WM18

Just the 10. I was looking for a market for worst disciplined side before this started but couldn't find one, wonder what odds I'd have got on Panama if that existed somewhere.

44 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Betway have France to score 1+ goal against Argentina boosted to evens, unsure on max stake but it's some almighty value vs. that Argentine defence.

My max stake was £11.50, so not very worthwhile, I had seen someone say theirs was £50. Betway has no guidelines on max stake, so I had to deposit £20 to find out the max stake was £11.50, ridiculously stupid system.

Got done by corners as well. Took over 0.5 goals in the first half, over 3.5 goals and over 6.5 corners. Pretty pleased at half-time and then just the single corner in the second-half. Worst part was the corners was only 1.2 which I added out of greed to boost the odds even more thinking it would be a formality!

Same situation, added a whopping 0.5 to my bet of O1.5 goal and over 1 card each. Does make question my approach when you begin losing to a 7 goal thriller with 8 bookings. Suppose there's not much you can do when such a freakish thing happens though :seagull:

I got a free £2 bet from Sky so put it on a Goalscorer accumulator...

Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Diego Costa, Kane and Lukaku.

No I see if I curse Ronaldo or see if I jinxed them all. Not cool when your acca goes down on the first game.

Nice game that Brazil Belgium one, a solid BTTS 4 corners each and 2 cards each 17/2 comes in courtesy of Mr KDB and his lovely time wasting tactics.

Thought I'd made an extra £200 on a bet needing a Fellaini card when he pummelled someone to the floor (for the fifth time) in the last minute but it wasn't meant to be, such is life when you're betting on a referee's (incorrect) opinion :D Same story with Torreira earlier, needed him for a 40/1 and he had a couple of iffy calls

In the end, this world cup has actually worked out somehow as despite it being incredibly erratic, I'm better off than I began.

I've not bet much at all just been enjoying the tourny, made a couple of small bets along the way for interests sake plus got a few pre tourney bets still on:

With Skybet I have Kane top scorer @ 20/1 & a combined England to reach QF, Iran lowest scorers and Griezmann top scorer which will probably lose due to Griezmann.

WH I have Lukaku top scorer e/w which was made for the free bets offer, Griezmann to out score Panama, Iran & Saudi Arabia and France to win the world cup e/w which I have used a few free bets on as my initial prediction for the free bet offer was Spain.

Kane and Lukaku should return money plus I have Belgium in the OTF sweepstake meaning either they or France will return a few quid now.

I've missed a few too due to not being overly bothered like calling Spain losing to Russia, Sweden beating Swiss and England winning to nil Vs Sweden plus loads of winners and over 2.5 combos but the enjoyment of the tournament has meant I haven't felt the need to bet much as I usually gamble small stakes to keep my interest from waning which I've instead been doing on the tennis :)

I've had a brilliant World Cup. Up over £2k from the tournament as a whole. Had Maguire and 2-0 in a scorecast the other day for another £600.

My last remaining thing I stand to win big on is France outright placed before it began. 

That is bloody impressive, Maguire 2-0 scorecast :D 

Just lost on £100 because Bet365's refusal to pay out on a corner that wasn't taken before the final whistle of the first half. Worst rule in football betting that the corner has to be taken imo, disgustingly cheap way to take your money by the bookies. 365's customer good will is just utterly appalling as SkyBet paid out with their common sense.

Wish I went for France to win the tournament instead of that Brazilian being top scorer but I didnt think Didier Deschamps was the manager who could do it. What were they? About 10/1 pre-tournament werent they?

Mbappe to score is doubled at Skybet to 4/1. I like that.

Well I've done just under even over the tournament mainly thanks to Panama losing all 3 games however I have a pre tournament bet of Croatia to win each way to run so whatever happens I've done OK now.

Still undecided on what to bet on today. Keeping it real small with the 5 pound bet and 5 pound free bet on Bet365.

7 hours ago, Weezer said:

I've not done great either..... :( 

Untitled.png.cea332c1280cab42a3bfbdf1068f0c49.png

I'd never noticed that losses and profit were available on skybet, I'm £96.67 up on the last 14 days and £60.11 over the last 30 however they haven't paid out on Kane top scorer yet which adds another £30 to the profit.

On William Hill I've done okay thanks to my free bets on France winning returning £60, Lukaku e/w £16.50 and Croatia qualifying Vs England which I made £130 profit on so I think that's about £300 profit total across both accounts.

Just realised that's far better than I thought I'd done actually but I'd have preferred an overall loss if it meant England got to the final :(

Archived