World Cup Betting Thread

ArsenalFan7

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting for the usual make a pre tournament bet on winner/top scorer offer.

Not had a real look about but I'm hoping for another over x tournament goals one as that was quite lucrative in the euros

Liking WH's offers

Bet £10 on a team to win the World Cup and get a £5 free bet every time that team wins a game in the World Cup

Bet a total of £10/£5 Each Way or currency equivalent or more on the World Cup Outright, and receive a £5 or currency equivalent free bet every time your team wins in 90 minutes.

Bet £10 on a player to be the Top Goalscorer at the World Cup and get a £5 free bet every time that player scores a goal during the Tournament.

Bet a total of £10/£5 Each Way or currency equivalent or more on the World Cup 2018 - Top Goalscorer market, and receive a £5 or currency equivalent free bet every time that player scores at the World Cup excluding penalties shoot-outs.

I'd typically be a smart ass with the golden boot but on that offer Neymar and Jesus are tempting at lower odds.

Pulled the trigger on Giroud e/w and boosted it to 44/1

Now that is a proper gamble as Deschamps probably doesn't know who his starting strikers are and it is either Giroud/Griezmann or Giroud on his own or Mbappe and his own.

9 minutes ago, toon_84 said:

Pulled the trigger on Giroud e/w and boosted it to 44/1

Now that is a proper gamble as Deschamps probably doesn't know who his starting strikers are and it is either Giroud/Griezmann or Giroud on his own or Mbappe and his own.

Even coming off the bench, Giroud is the type who can score goals. With the group France have, it's a solid bet.

4 hours ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Liking WH's offers

I'd typically be a smart ass with the golden boot but on that offer Neymar and Jesus are tempting at lower odds.

I just saw my emails and came to post that, both fantastic offers that I'll definitely be taking advantage of!

I'm yet to look at the group's properly but Germany as winners and Neymar as top scorer both sound like bets that can win outright and should return a decent amount in free bets as well.

I can personally vouch for this being a really worthwhile investment - well over 500 hours have gone into this. I think on my own I'm very close to triple figures. A lot of hard work from @paz, myself and our 3rd editor Kieran. Along with a team of contributors, and an army of proof readers.

Please share the link far and wide and dig deep to donate and enjoy the magazine everyone :)  

On 28/05/2018 at 21:45, Lermon said:

anyone know when the racing post world cup special supplement is out?

Can't be long now. Not sure it will be as many words as the 40,000 word preview that we've put together at www.justgiving.com/savethepunter

If you donate, and don't enjoy the magazine Lermon, I'll match your donation *10 fold.

Pretty sure I donated a week or two ago, should I have received the preview or is it not quite released yet. 

Saw it got a retweet from matt le Tissier earlier! Good going! 

8 hours ago, pago said:

Pretty sure I donated a week or two ago, should I have received the preview or is it not quite released yet. 

Saw it got a retweet from matt le Tissier earlier! Good going! 

Drop me or Paz a DM on here if you haven’t received it yet and have donated!

43 minutes ago, Russell10 said:

Outright winners don't have much value

Argentina at 9/1 or 10/1 seems to be the best value.

I would be leaving Argentina well alone in this tournament. Personally think they have a chance of even getting knocked out in the group stage.

3 managers, 48 players during qualification, scraped in on the last day thanks to Messi heroics. Battered by Spain in March 6-1 with an almost full strength side.

On 03/06/2018 at 08:38, paz said:

Can't be long now. Not sure it will be as many words as the 40,000 word preview that we've put together at www.justgiving.com/savethepunter

If you donate, and don't enjoy the magazine Lermon, I'll match your donation *10 fold.

both good for preparation. I have found out the Racing Post with the world cup supplement is out on Thursday. So it'll be savethepunter vs the racing post world cup supplement for tips!

15 hours ago, Russell10 said:

Outright winners don't have much value

Argentina at 9/1 or 10/1 seems to be the best value.

Agree with RFM here Argentina are far far too short for me. Outside of the frontline they lack quality.

The SkyBet RABs for the world cup offers up some interesting bets. I have backed Uruguay, France, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Belgium, England and Colombia each to score 4+ group goals at 5/1 for some interest whenever one of these scores.

Iran, Saudi Arabia, Panama all to finish 4th in their group 3/1 looks good.

I'm also contemplating Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Spain and Portugal to score 5+ goals across the tournament at 4.33 - little unsure on Portugal so waiting to find something better. If anyone sees any other good goal bets please let me know as these entertain me.

I've used Skybets offer to back Argentina @ 9/1, I've then used the two William Hill offers on Spain to win and Lukaku as top scorer, expecting both of those to give a few free bets and both have a decent shot at winning as well I reckon.

Are there any more worthwhile pre tournament offers around?

I’ve gone for:

Suarez e/w top goal scorer @ 20/1

isco e/w tgs @ 50/1 

germany to win @ 9/2

all with the will hill offer. 

Any under the radar longshots to be aware of? 

Not as good an offer but Paddy power are doing place £10 on top goalscorer and receive a £2 free bet for each goal scored, I won't be doing it but I suppose it may be useful for some.

Gone with Spain with the Skybet offer off money back as a free bet , and put money on Neymar, Cavani, Suarez e/w top scorer as well. Put a little bit on Mane as well as my outsider. Might have a look through and see if there's any other long shots that I like the look of.

35 minutes ago, toon_84 said:

I think I'm going to have a small stake e/w on Mitrovic @100/1

Scored a hat-trick last night, and has been in form for months. I think that's a solid punt :thup: 

Skybet boosted France top tournament scorers to 8.5 which is tempting me. Were top scorers at Euro 2016 and can see them grabbing 6-8 in their group, then dependent on how the groups games go should have a decent shot at that title. Main fear would be Brazil, outside of them I think they'll likely outscore everyone else.

Betway have up to £30 in free bets available across this WC

Screen_Shot_2018_06_08_at_16_32_15.png

2 hours ago, toon_84 said:

I was browsing the request a bet on hills and have taken 1000/1 on there being at least 1 goal and 1 card in all the group games. 

There is 48 group matches, on average, 0-0 occurs about one in seven times. We should see roughly 6 or 7 0-0's. 1000/1 sounds probably about right, although a great bet for a quid just to have a rooting interest in every match till there's a 0-0!

I have settled on these as my outrights for the world cup, went a bit overkill but happy enough

Spain win world cup 6/1

Brazil Spain final 18/1

Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, England, France, Germany, Uruguay 4+ group goals each 5/1

Saudi Arabia, Panama, Iran all 4th 3/1

Brazil, Germany, Spain, France to reach quarters 4/1

Cavani, Coutinho, Falcao, Mane, Mbappe, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Salah, Suarez all score 1+ each 6/1

I'll take approval on 5 out of 6 :brock: assuming you mean the Brazil/Spain one I wouldn't be recommending that to anyone, just a hunch with a spare fiver in the account. There was another couple I forgot I'd put down as well, has just dawned on me how much I've gone overboard in excitement for this :D but not playing with massive stakes over here so all good for entertainment purposes.

Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, France, Germany, Spain and Uruguay all to qualify from their groups 10/3

Korea Republic, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Serbia, Switzerland Uruguay to score 2+ goals each 6/1

Korea (and potentially Morocco?) iffy on the last but as it was only a free tenner I'm happy enough with only needing 2+ at the odds, more interest for some smaller sides. 

Archived