Sports Interactive Community
AccyScott

Team Suggestion Thread

Preferred league(s): Top European

Expectations: Middle. But could realistically overachieve.

Philosophy: "Develop youth" I have no problem with.

Finances: Would like to not be debt-ridden.

Youth/Training Facilities: As good as possible.

Notes - I'm big on home grown talent, so would like a team with good kids and/or good kids coming through in the youth intakes. A fairly patient board who will let me develop the team, and a team where the expectations are not "win the league", would prefer to stay away from Sugar Daddy clubs (unless this doesn't impact on expectations). 

On 24/05/2018 at 19:46, zlatanera said:

For Bundesliga - I can never make it stick but Hamburg are fun, plenty of debt but I never had my transfer revenue decreased, and the squad is representative more of the form that nearly saw them escape yet again than the form that put them in trouble in the first place. Dortmund obviously had a bunch of youth, but you should really start out at Mainz if you want to be Dortmund ;) Freiburg have never sacked a manager and pretty much epitomise the stereotype of the well-run German club, and obviously Frankfurt has potential. 

Serie A - I like Fiorentina, pretty much an entirely new squad suited for a variety of formations with a couple of great players for the league (Chiesa, Benassi), some prospects, unspectacular amount of money and a 50,000+ seater stadium you'll never fill. I prefer starting in clubs without Europe in Italy for some reason, so alongside Fiorentina I'd recommend Sampdoria, Genoa, or perhaps Cagliari (saw a guy in the Serie A thread have a lot of fun with them). Napoli look fun as well. 

On 12/08/2018 at 13:41, zlatanera said:

1804242734_ScreenShot2018-08-12at13_38_47.thumb.png.aa9c07178fa361c9675b4185a9c33d91.png

Bordeaux

1343532626_ScreenShot2018-08-12at13_39_04.thumb.png.1a8882b23aa34144cc1b1fe5cdbbbe9d.png

Montpellier

@..Valhalla.. Fiorentina will happily accept a 10th place finish. I'd probably add Atalanta as an option given your youth focus - although they're in Europa due to 2016-17's exploits they probably don't expect you to finish there again - if you don't mind a Europa League club I'd recommend Lyon (there's a France thread that's like 90% Lyon but you can see people having fun with their youth and also with Bordeaux) or Real Sociedad. The latter don't have many youth prospects but you have young players in the first team in Bautista, Oyarzabal and Odriozola that you can build around. Quite a reasonable board too, although no money there's also no debts. If you're going in England Southampton are the obvious choice, even if their squad is a lot more foreign than it was a couple years ago. Obviously the big 3 in Portugal are good but "win the league" may be expectation in more than one of them, same with Holland's big 3. Braga apparently have quite a lot of youth as well, I saw a career thread on them. 

17 hours ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

Preferred league(s): Top European

Expectations: Middle. But could realistically overachieve.

Philosophy: "Develop youth" I have no problem with.

Finances: Would like to not be debt-ridden.

Youth/Training Facilities: As good as possible.

Notes - I'm big on home grown talent, so would like a team with good kids and/or good kids coming through in the youth intakes. A fairly patient board who will let me develop the team, and a team where the expectations are not "win the league", would prefer to stay away from Sugar Daddy clubs (unless this doesn't impact on expectations). 

Athletic Bilbao, Real Sociedad, Leverkusen, RB Leipzig, Southampton, Everton, Sampdoria, Sassuolo, Lille, Saint-Etienne

@BadAss88 - cheers, I went with Bilbao in the end. I just registered my squad for the Euro Cup and every single player was HG. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me :D 

That's exactly the condition I want to get all teams into when I manage them; best I've done so far is 17 of 25 in my most recent Liverpool save (ongoing). In fact it's given me an idea...

47 minutes ago, ..Valhalla.. said:

@BadAss88 - cheers, I went with Bilbao in the end. I just registered my squad for the Euro Cup and every single player was HG. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me :D 

That's exactly the condition I want to get all teams into when I manage them; best I've done so far is 17 of 25 in my most recent Liverpool save (ongoing). In fact it's given me an idea...

Already thought, that was the best suggestion for what you were asking for! Good luck with them, had a great save with them in FM15!

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 19:25, BadAss88 said:

Already thought, that was the best suggestion for what you were asking for! Good luck with them, had a great save with them in FM15!

Had to abandon the Bilbao save. Never seen so many injuries in my life; got to November and not once had Benat, Williams, or Muniain played for me - no big injuries either, just a few weeks here and there, but as soon as they were fit, they were injured again. I was nearly tempted to start a thread in the bugs forum but what's the point this late in FM18's shelf life? I guess I just got unlucky. Wasn't just those 3 either (although they annoyed me because of how important they are), I lost all my LBs including Balenziaga (4 months), and then the RB De Marcos was ruled out with ACR injury (8 months+). Twice I was offered to replace players outside the transfer window which I've never seen before and didn't know was possible beyond GKs. 

Either half the Bilbao squad have terrible injury proneness or I just got VERY unlucky :( 
I wish I had had the editor active tbh, would have felt justified using it. 

Preferred league(s): European

Expectations: (Sub)top to mid-table

Finances: Some transferbudget would be nice

Youth/Training Facilities: Not important

Other: I would like to have a great Trequartista at the squad and a great Ball Winning Midfielder

On 30/08/2018 at 00:41, BadAss88 said:

Other: I would like to have a great Trequartista at the squad and a great Ball Winning Midfielder

Arsenal. We aren’t a top top team, but can be. Have Ozil who could be a Treq, and couple couple be BWM. If not very good starting budgets.

On 30/08/2018 at 00:41, BadAss88 said:

Lyon. PSG are immense above you on FM, Monaco have better finances and the likes of Marseille, Nice, Bordeaux can all put in good seasons. You have a brilliant potential Trequartista (Fekir) with a great youth prospect to replace him (Houssem Aouar) and Lucas Tousart could do the BWM role very well (has the attributes of a reasonably mobile BPD but is a natural at CM and DM).

Leverkusen also fit the bill. No European commitments first season, Kai Havertz is a good playmaker with potential to be great, and you've got the Bender brothers as BWM. Surrounded by other talent such as Henrichs, Bailey, Retsos etc.

Preferred league(s): One of the big countries, but it doesn't have to be in the top division

Expectations: Not that important

Finances: Not important

Facilities: Youth facilities should be as good as possible as I like to build my team around homegrown youngsters.

Other: I'd like to find a team that has at least one player who the team can be build around. Doesn't have to be a top player, but just someone with some interesting attributes of sorts.

@Adzke pretty much every team I've recommended on this thread has good facilities, is European and has at least one guy to build around. But if you're not bothered about the division, why not try Burton Albion? They use St. George's Park so have brilliant facilities.

7 hours ago, zlatanera said:

@Adzke pretty much every team I've recommended on this thread has good facilities, is European and has at least one guy to build around. But if you're not bothered about the division, why not try Burton Albion? They use St. George's Park so have brilliant facilities.

They look just about right! Thanks!

FM 19

Preferred league(s): Any level in Europe, but more partial to anything lower than the highest division level for the top 5 leagues

Expectations: Not title contenders if possible

Finances: Anything will do

Youth/Training Facilities: Anything will do

Notes: I'm looking to build a team using the 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow formation (with attacking full-backs) and planning to made this a club staple throughout this one career save, so any suggestions for teams with no wingers or easily disposable players on those positions will be greatly appreciated. Good level of squad's Work Rate would be an excellent addition :)

Edited by bangkonggedek