Sports Interactive Community

Hi guys!

I'm new here and would like some help. As the title says, my game won't start. It just goes directly to the logo of the game and nothing happens.

This happened after the new Windows update. I don't know what to do. Kinda of desperate here! Haha

Thanks in advance:)

Have you checked to make sure all your current drivers are up to date?

A user was able to resolve the issue by checking their system manufacturers website to make sure they had the latest drivers for motherboard/processor etc and also their graphics card drivers.

Details on how to update your graphics card drivers can be found here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-update-my-graphics-card-drivers-r404/

Let us know how you get on. Thanks. 

@Neil Brock Thank you for ur help, but it doesn’t seem to fix the problem. I updated the things you mentioned, but nothing happens. So I don’t know what to do. But again, thank you for your effort, Neil!

9 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Sorry to hear that, can you try the following three steps in the order listed and see if that makes any difference? Let us know, thanks.

Delete Cache
Delete Preferences 
Reverify Cache 

Thanks for replying. 

I did all of the three things in order, and even restarted my pc, but it still doesn’t work! I only get this pic: 99EA940E-0FA1-4F1F-8178-6CF57EE348A5.thumb.jpeg.81212f9314f113c584af313d31aac6f7.jpeg

Edited by piksii89

How long have you left that up for?

If you try to launch the game in Windowed mode as shown below does it make any difference?

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam

3 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

How long have you left that up for?

If you try to launch the game in Windowed mode as shown below does it make any difference?

- Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2018 -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM18 through Steam

Hmm, that doesn’t seem to work either. Left it like that for at least 10 min, but nothing. I don’t want to uninstall it, though. 

Considering you've installed a major Windows update and now a program doesn't work, realistically your options are to try reinstalling the game, reinstall drivers for the system or reinstall Windows. 

With a Windows 10 reinstall, you can keep all your current files and folders so it isn't too disruptive. Details here - https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-reinstall-windows-3535423/

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Considering you've installed a major Windows update and now a program doesn't work, realistically your options are to try reinstalling the game, reinstall drivers for the system or reinstall Windows. 

With a Windows 10 reinstall, you can keep all your current files and folders so it isn't too disruptive. Details here - https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-reinstall-windows-3535423/

I don’t get it! I reinstalled Windows 10, and in the process, FM 2018 got deleted. I then installed FM again, and even updated Steam. It still won’t work! I’ll think I have to give up. 

But again, thank you so much for your time and effort:) I appreciate it A LOT.

Is it now still just remaining on the loading screen at the start of the game? Or do you get some kind of error message? 

Have you tried going to your system manufacturers website and made sure all the system drivers are up to date? 

No, no error message. Just the loading screen with the music playing. 

I visited acer.com and checked for new updates. They said I should run Windows update to install new drivers. So I did, but there were nothing to update. 

Are you able to reinstall the video drivers and the Intel chipset driver? May be worth doing as they could have been affected by the update. 

Let us know, thanks. 

Ok, this is weird!

I did as you told. I had two video drivers, one from Nvidia and from Intel. I deleted the one from Intel and tried to reinstall it, but that didn’t work. I then tried to launch FM 2018, and it WORKED! 

But it says I still have the two video drivers. I’m not very good at this.

15 hours ago, robbiebirch said:

And me

15 hours ago, Tope64 said:

I have the exact same problem :(

Please create your own threads in regards to your issue and we'll try to help. That way we can make sure there's no confusion or miscommunication. 

Thanks. 

13 hours ago, piksii89 said:

Thank you so much, Neil! I don’t find any problems after nearly 24 h:) 

Glad to hear it!