Sports Interactive Community
ermant

Jens Lehmann is a Coach but not a GK Coach

He is a 5-star for GK training but it is not included in his staff role preferences. He wants to be a coach. So i signed him as a coach and assigned him for shot stopping section.

Does it make any difference assinging a GK Coach or a coach for that role? Apperantly he doesn't want to be a GK Coach but i sign him and say "okay, you are a coach. Now do it". Why can't he be signed as a GK Coach anyway?

hace 3 minutos, ermant dijo:

He is a 5-star for GK training but it is not included in his staff role preferences. He wants to be a coach. So i signed him as a coach and assigned him for shot stopping section.

Does it make any difference assinging a GK Coach or a coach for that role? Apperantly he doesn't want to be a GK Coach but i sign him and say "okay, you are a coach. Now do it". Why can't he be signed as a GK Coach anyway?

because he wants to be a little more versatile?, is like most assistant in x profession, you are signed to do x job but the boss will give you work from another departament anyway.

is actually like asking why Xavi Hernandez is a scout and not a coach with good shooting/ball control stats

In real life Lehmann is adamant he does not want to be a goalkeeping coach.  I'd give him Shot Stopping (or whatever) and also at least one non-goalkeeping duty.

6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Is Jens not Mr. Mustermann any more?;

I assume you're joking, but just in case you're not...Jens Mustermann was in fact Oliver Kahn

I've no doubt you knew that, just wanted to be sure :)

6 hours ago, DrIgz said:

I assume you're joking, but just in case you're not...Jens Mustermann was in fact Oliver Kahn

I've no doubt you knew that, just wanted to be sure :)

:ackter:

On 22/05/2018 at 20:25, ermant said:

One difference between general and GK coaches is that GK coaches will generally be able to train all three sides instead of just the first team.

9 saat önce, michaeltmurrayuk said:

One difference between general and GK coaches is that GK coaches will generally be able to train all three sides instead of just the first team.

Yes but it doesn't make any difference if he is a coach or gk coach regarding the training of goalkeepers, right? Or players don't feel like club don't have a goalkeeping coach.

Also my staff constantly advice me to hire a goalkeeping coach, which makes me think if i miss something by assigning a coach to a gk role.

probably down to the fact the staffing screen shows you have no goalkeeping coaches regardless of how the staff are allocated

hace 15 horas, ermant dijo:

Yes but it doesn't make any difference if he is a coach or gk coach regarding the training of goalkeepers, right? Or players don't feel like club don't have a goalkeeping coach.

Also my staff constantly advice me to hire a goalkeeping coach, which makes me think if i miss something by assigning a coach to a gk role.

you only really need 1 coach per type of training, the rest are just to lower the workloads and can be done by just about anybody with no penalty on the quality