Sports Interactive Community

I want to sign this guy but my scouts say that a work permit is unlikely. He is 21 years old and I have heard it is good to buy players that are young without a work permit and loan them out somewhere where they can earn a work permit? I really do not know anything about this so where is the right place to loan him out if I do buy him and how old could he possibly be when he is finally able to play for me? Bearing in mind I am at the start of the game and Brexit hasn't happened yet.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 11.25.40 am.png

Some nations are better than others for getting an EU passport there. However if Brexit does happen in your game and it's a 'hard Brexit' there's a chance even if he has an EU passport he'd still need a work permit to play in England. 

But yes, at this point in the game you could sign him and try to loan him out. Would be worth speaking to your board to see if you can get an affiliated club in a decent nation.

Found this via reddit which may be of interest - 

4 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Some nations are better than others for getting an EU passport there. However if Brexit does happen in your game and it's a 'hard Brexit' there's a chance even if he has an EU passport he'd still need a work permit to play in England. 

But yes, at this point in the game you could sign him and try to loan him out. Would be worth speaking to your board to see if you can get an affiliated club in a decent nation.

Found this via reddit which may be of interest - 

I still don't understand how work permits work sorry. So since he is Serbian it will take 3 years to get the nationality but does that mean if I buy him and loan him back to his current club, I can play him after 3 years?

1 hour ago, Henry Shepherd said:

I still don't understand how work permits work sorry. So since he is Serbian it will take 3 years to get the nationality but does that mean if I buy him and loan him back to his current club, I can play him after 3 years?

If he is Serbian he will be an EU player so won't need a WP. Before Brexit, if he's in your squad he won't need a WP once Brexit happens (if you have a hard Brexit).

Signing him after Brexit, he will need a WP.

It's really weird. I have a lot of young foreign (EU) players. After brexit (hard i think) i'm constantly told new players need WP, but I can still sign them AND play them, no problems. However all the young players I already have and that are now becoming homegrown (both at club and nation) I am unable to sign new contracts with (extend contracts), because they cannot get WPs?!? So you can buy players without WPs, play them without problems, but you can't extend their contracts..

Anyone able to explain that?

Are you sure that Brexit has actually happened and you're not mistaking it with the news item informing you Brexit is coming?

If you go to your league's competition page, then view the 'Rules' it'll state what the current work permit rules are for the league. What do they say? May be worth posting a screen shot so we can see. 

3 hours ago, Smkx_Muldoon said:

If he is Serbian he will be an EU player so won't need a WP. Before Brexit, if he's in your squad he won't need a WP once Brexit happens (if you have a hard Brexit).

Signing him after Brexit, he will need a WP.

I just clicked on that link that Neil Brock sent to be and it said Serbian players will be in the EU in 2022 so does that mean whatever I do with the guy, he will be able to play for me in 2022?

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Are you sure that Brexit has actually happened and you're not mistaking it with the news item informing you Brexit is coming?

If you go to your league's competition page, then view the 'Rules' it'll state what the current work permit rules are for the league. What do they say? May be worth posting a screen shot so we can see. 

I am still in 2017 though.

27 minutes ago, Henry Shepherd said:

I just clicked on that link that Neil Brock sent to be and it said Serbian players will be in the EU in 2022 so does that mean whatever I do with the guy, he will be able to play for me in 2022?

Not once the UK leaves the EU in your game as his EU nationality will be irrelevant then, Your best option here appears to be to look elsewhere

hace 7 horas, Henry Shepherd dijo:

I want to sign this guy but my scouts say that a work permit is unlikely. He is 21 years old and I have heard it is good to buy players that are young without a work permit and loan them out somewhere where they can earn a work permit? I really do not know anything about this so where is the right place to loan him out if I do buy him and how old could he possibly be when he is finally able to play for me? Bearing in mind I am at the start of the game and Brexit hasn't happened yet.

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 11.25.40 am.png

you can always sell him for profit if he takes too much, the player need to get EU nationality, for the americas Spain is the best since is only 2 years, for the other ones serbia is the best, but you need to wait for serbia to be added in the EU, your player will be elegible after they are a in EU anyway, of you want him to be elegible more early i think slovakia can get him in 4 years, but by the time i think serbia is in EU and you have a brexit going

after hard brexit is actually easy to do that, if the player is from a 50 or better nation in the "fifa" ranking he will need around 5 caps to get the permit, if you loan to a team with very good facilities the player could actually be too good for your team if you are not in top division, the last time i did it i loaned an australian wonderkid to Viena, he played there for a season and got 7 caps for australia, next season he was ready to crush the championship and get a transfer for Valencia (and a good Fee of 20M+ clauses + 30% of next transfer :) )

1 hour ago, Henry Shepherd said:

I am still in 2017 though.

Brexit likely hasn't happened in your league yet.  If you look at the league rules it will tell you in detail how to get a permit.  I signed Radjkovic in the 2018-19 season and he got a work permit just fine.  After my soft Brexit he just counted as a foreign player upon executing a contract extension.

Edited by Enos

2 minutes ago, Enos said:

Brexit likely hasn't happened in your league yet.  If you look at the league rules it will tell you in detail how to get a permit.  I signed Radjkovic in the 2018-19 season and he got a work permit just fine.  After my soft Brexit he just counted as a foreign player upon executing a contract extension.

You're saying he got a work permit for you right when you signed him in 2018-19?

@Henry ShepherdYes.  He was a starter for Serbia and I had signed him for a high enough transfer fee/salary that he got the required point total for a WP.  Go to your League main page and click on 'Overview' then 'Rules' to see the point system.

Edited by Enos