How to get the most out of this Striker

I'm having a really hard time at the moment getting this player to recapture his form from 2 seasons ago, admittedly I've changed tactics since his spectacular season in the conference but I had hoped he'd offer me more than what he has done. This may be down to a lack of chances created or it may just be that the player is overall just not up to the standard of playing league 2 football...I'll let you decide. Here is the player in question:-

wicky.thumb.png.100977a3e9cd132bad4d03c05ca3ff88.pngwicky2.thumb.png.7fb84b7cee8a9dfce3288ffa90242196.png

As you can see his main strengths are his height and his off the ball movement so how would you employ him and under what kind of tactic could you get the most out of him? Bear in mind that I have done my utmost to avoid playing 3 strikers up top so as to avoid the speculated exploit.

I think he suits playing as a poacher. That will limit how fancy he gets in build up play and let him focus on getting into goal scoring positions. There are many ways to set up the players around him. I'm currently playing a 4-4-2 with a poacher with "move into channels" next to a DLF(s) with "roam from position" and I like how they play together. 

To be honest lower league management is good if the other team are more or less of the the same quality in terms of players, however if you ever get a chance to manage the chinese national division(the league below the super league) you would find the gulf in quality between the top teams and bottom teams like day and night. I would use this guy either as a poacher or as an IF. I am leaning towards an IF here as his pace is good so could perhaps exploit the half spaces better.

Archived