Stadium editor-Mod tools

stuart3455

I think a new fantastic addition to FM19 or for the further future would be to create a stadium modding tool. Give us all the tools to build our own stadiums.  If we had the tools wouldn't it be fantastic to edit each and every stadium to make them more realistic? To upload them so other users could have access to the best creations.  I think fm has been amazing over the years but until they rebuild the graphics engine we are only getting a rehashed game every year with a few new menus. (Squad Dynamics) Stadiums this year have been a drastic improvement this year over FM17 (Anfield for example)  but wouldn't it be fantastic to play in the new White Hart lane  etc.  I know this is something they don't allow managers in game to have a say on, as it's not the managers job but these could be pre-built and ready for use from the beginning.  Any thoughts?

19 hours ago, Kevaustin said:

Would of “

"Would have" - ;)

My idea would be this. If SI looked at the different kinds of stadiums - let's say there are 20/30 different styles, i.e. some with athletics tracks, closed bowls, open ends etc etc - and just created a pool of them, each given a number and assigned to each team. Doesn't have to be an exact replica of the real life stadium, just similar. So for example Monaco etc could be 'type 4', Middlesbrough/Derby etc 'type 2' or whatever.

Then let those be applied in the editor or whatever so that the relevant stadium shows up on the match engine. I played as Monaco once and was crying out for a bit of realism that would have featured a track around the pitch and so on. Am amazed that kind of template doesn't exist.

If there was a way of dictating where away fans are located too that would be the icing on the cake in terms of realism, but I know that might be  a step too far.

I know FM 'isn't FIFA' but as someone who accepts the 3D engine for what it is rather than bothering about some specifics not being that realistic, better and more accurate stadium depiction would be a big plus in my eyes. I used to turn them off altogether given they're rarely realistic but can't do that anymore.

• 6 months later...

Archived