Player unhappy because promise of developing young players wasn't kept.

Inter, second season, De Vrij wanted to leave I convinced him there will be silverware and young players developing.

Won the league, he's unhappy because players weren't developed and wants teo leave again.

Album with screenshots of younger players (only 21 or younger, got plenty some more key u24 players).
https://imgur.com/a/VfJCg3T

Can this game please f**k off with players acting like teenage girls as soon there's minor interest for them?

19 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Inter, second season, De Vrij wanted to leave I convinced him there will be silverware and young players developing.

Won the league, he's unhappy because players weren't developed and wants teo leave again.

Album with screenshots of younger players (only 21 or younger, got plenty some more key u24 players).

Can this game please f**k off with players acting like teenage girls as soon there's minor interest for them?

Sounds like a bug to me. Was it just this one player wearing a dress?

He was the only one with this develop young players thing.

But transfer bids from AI are ridiculous.

For example, De Vrij was valued at around ~55mil€ after the end of second season.
And I start non-negotiable bids from the likes of Arsenal, Monaco, City and PSG for him. 30-40ish upfront, 65mil max with bonuses. Just ridiculous.

It's the same for players that aren't even unhappy. Non-negotiable bids that barely exceed their usual value.
But when you want to buy someone, it's instantly 3x the value.

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

For example, De Vrij was valued at around ~55mil€ after the end of second season.
And I start non-negotiable bids from the likes of Arsenal, Monaco, City and PSG for him. 30-40ish upfront, 65mil max with bonuses. Just ridiculous.

It's the same for players that aren't even unhappy. Non-negotiable bids that barely exceed their usual value.

Tbh it was like that on FM13. I put a bid in for German player, can’t remember his name, but has a twin brother. Leverkusen I think was the team. Anyway what I do remember was he was worth 22 million, I only had 25 million. Tried to negotiate a transfer for that with a bid. They came back with a renegotiation for 37 million in instalments. He eventually wanted stupid money for the contract and the board wouldn’t have it.

but tbh, that isn’t that much different from real life. Probably just a bit more leeway with persuasion, rather than FM being all about math. After all the game can’t recognise Del Boys outrageous promises and get away with it. 

1 hour ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Low bids are just trying to unsettle players so they can get them cheaper (potentially), and if a player wants to leave it is normal to not offer huge amounts, they are already unsettled and may be available cheaper. You can employ the same tactics on the AI too, it can work and make players much cheaper.

On the unkept promise, it sounds potentially weird, so it would be nice to get clarification from someone in the know. However, if you did not use your young players during your campaign where you won the league, I can see how it would fail. One of the issues here is we do not really know what promises actually mean. It would nice to have a much stronger indication of what exactly a promise entails so we can work more effectively on keeping them.

Xhet1wH.png

That's the squad and their stats just after I played the last fixture.

Idk what the game registers as developing young players, judge for yourself.
The Agn icon is the whole squad agreeing with me after I told De Vrij he won't get what he wants.

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

It would nice to have a much stronger indication of what exactly a promise entails so we can work more effectively on keeping them. 

Yup. My understanding is that promises often align with board expectations, and I suspect that developing youth promises would mean playing youth in the first team.

I do also think that promises should be somewhat amenable. Unless winning the league was a foregone conclusion, a player is probably not tooooooo upset about a promise not being kept because it resulted in a win in the league.

That said, it does also mean I have to put some thought into my responses now and can't just say whatever to appease a confused/upset player.

Yeah, if you've told a player that they can achieve success staying put because you've got some great young players, the number of players that would consider leaving because you win the league without enough young players is zero. 

You could fix it by making winning stuff a player would be happy with cancel out most of the "sign more players/play young players" type promises. Or better still, you could just delete the young players promise for other players, because only boards care about whether you're bringing valuable young players through the youth system they've invested in...

On 17/05/2018 at 21:04, GunmaN1905 said:

I had the same problem at Ajax. I think it was Tagliafico who wanted to leave because my young players hadn't developed. Well, they had. As Ajax, I'm playing with some teenagers and a lot of players at 20/21 years old, they had all developed. But, their status was already first team player. I think that's the problem. There were no players with their status as talent that had developed, because I give my first team players higher statusses than that. So I think if you make that promise, the players expect young players with statusses as talent or something like that to develop in your first team.

On 18/05/2018 at 22:38, samuelawachie said:

Why would someone with your username post on this forum today? What was the thinking behind that name, by the way? 

Well, I registered in 2009 and never thought about it back then.
I used the nickname in FPS games and never really thought about how it's unfitting for a football forum. :D

What can you do, too late now.

Archived