Help! Can't call up Lukaku to Belgium national team

I'm managing as Manchester United and recently got the Belgium head coaching position.  Obviously, I want Lukaku to play up top for me on Belgium.  But when I try to call him up, this is what I get.  The button to call him up just isn't there.  I don't know what to do.  He's not retired from international play, he's not injured or suspended.  He's still in the national pool.  I don't know what's wrong or how to fix it.

1 minute ago, Neotropolis said:

Does your squad have 23 players in it? If so, you need to remove a player to add another.

It looks like the OP has only selected two players so far, so that can't be the problem.

Do you have this issue when trying to call up other players, or is it just Lukaku?

6 minutes ago, CFuller said:

It looks like the OP has only selected two players so far, so that can't be the problem.

Do you have this issue when trying to call up other players, or is it just Lukaku?

Haven't confirmed the squad yet, I can add and remove every other Belgian player without issue.  Tons of space available for Lukaku .

In the future, we will some day discover that this was Roberto Martinez, trying to test his selected squad for the World Cup on FM. Sadly, after being unable to call up Lukaku, he will drop him from the World Cup squad, after his selected combination beats England in the final to lift the World Cup.

In real life, England will go out in the group stage, along with Belgium, to give Tunisia and Panama some unexpected glory.

6 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Hmm. In that case, I can't think of anything obvious that could be stopping you from calling up Lukaku specifically.

Have you thought about posting this in the Bugs Forum for an official answer?

I was going to try there next, but I figured I'd ask here first and make sure I'm not missing something really obvious.

Archived