B Team Player Salary demands too high?

Long story short; How do I get players for my B team to ask for realistic B team wages and not first team wages?

So I'm playing my Mallorca save.

Found my feet in the Spanish first div. Got my B team into the 2nd div by sending all the players I slowly replaced on the 1st team to the B team. Mallorca's debt as a club made the first 2 years REALLY tough...

3 years in I'm starting to need new signings to the B team and renew a lot of existing contracts. It has been a problem for awhile that for some reason my B team players ask for 1st salary rates but I was able to get by.

Problem has become severe since I can't sign new players for the B team; even total crap players ask for salaries waaaay too high for any B team player. Anyone I sign assumes they play for the first team it seems in term of salary.

I can't even renew contracts of B team players because they ask for 3 or 4 times their original B team salary. Some of them I already gave them a salary they didn't deserve on the first renewal.

Long story short; How do I get players for my B team to ask for realistic B team wages and not first team wages?

I'll give a specific example.

I have a 20 year old youth product winger who is simply not ready for the first team. He is totally at the B Team level.

His current contract is for 50k p/a... but he is now demanding a contract that I can only negotiate down to like 280k?

Why is a B team player asking for like a 600% salary increase? I have a similar issue trying to sign players outside my club to replace him. They are all  asking for ridiculous amounts for players that aren't going to feature for the first time.

Unfortunately I don't think the 'issue' is limited to B team or Spanish league etc. Seems endemic of the game.

At least at that level you are only getting stung for quarter of a mil ... when you run a champions league side you might sign a good young player on circa £2m per annum... next contract they want £18m p/a :D

'issue' in inverted commas...can be argued to be realistic if you have a good imagination and easy going outlook on things.

Archived