I am an avid FM player, creating my own tactics and using others. One think I have always loved is absolutely dominating the ball, with maybe 800 attempted passes and 60-70% possession. Klashman's Guardiola tactics from Steam community etc are very good at this, but I want to try and replicate this and form a sort of Nagelsmann/Pep hybrid. I love Nagelsmann's brave tactics in passing out from the back, but strangely with 3 CBs.

If anyone has any tips/role ideas to help me that would be great. 

BPD bring the ball out of the back but that is not necessarily something that you want from a possession oriented side. 

Firstly real life possession percentages are worked out from number of passes a team has whilst in FM its time with possession.  So its possible for a team to slowly pass the ball around and play keep ball to get a high % number in FM whilst in RL they would get a low %.  I would try to keep this in mind when looking at the statistics as its unlikely you'll get such extreme numbers as RL without resulting in a pure keep ball strategy.

I haven't seen any of Nagelsmann but out of interest i just googled and watched

From this I think:

1. DCs sound like standard CB's as they pick and choose when to go long/short and that video saying they are happy to hold possession and build slowly so aren't a out-and-out vertical team.
  2. Vogt's role sounds like a Librero in a back 3, there's no other way to get a CB to push up (except with the ball via trait) or plays as a DM when they play a back 4.  I'd probably try a 14122 with flat back 4 with alternative 442 Box.
  3. I think there will be a lot of support duties like the WB's, CMs and forwards.
  4. Sounds like a structured or very structured system.
  5. Demirbay sounds like a Roaming Playmaker, maybe pair him with a BBM or MEZ?  CM's get a lot of freedom to roam and use channels so might have to add PIs for that.
  6. I'd guess one of the forwards is a DLF-S, could argue TM but I think that would make the team too direct too often.
  7. Mentality i'd probably start with Standard and add TI's, PI's or OI's to press harder.
2 hours ago, tbuxton92 said:

One think I have always loved is absolutely dominating the ball, with maybe 800 attempted passes and 60-70% possession. Klashman's Guardiola tactics from Steam community etc are very good at this, but I want to try and replicate this and form a sort of Nagelsmann/Pep hybrid. I love Nagelsmann's brave tactics in passing out from the back, but strangely with 3 CBs.

Not inspired by Nagelsmann or Pep but this might give you some ideas - 800+ passes, over 60% possession and 3 at the back: