[FM18] Is there a way to get scout reports delivered to your inbox individually like previous versions?

In older versions of the game, whenever you scouted a player it would generate a news item, one per player, so you could see the reports.

Is there a way to do this in FM18?

Nope, unless you play FM Touch where it still does this. No idea why they removed it from the main game. There's ways you can get the overall scouting email sent in different frequencies, but that's not for individual reports. 

The only way that is even remotely useful imo is to shortlist everyone you scout and then check your shortlist every few days for updates - removing the ones that have been scouted and you have no interest in.

1 hour ago, Ackter said:

The only way that is even remotely useful imo is to shortlist everyone you scout and then check your shortlist every few days for updates - removing the ones that have been scouted and you have no interest in.

You don't need to shortlist them, any players you are scouting go into the Scouting -> Assignments -> Players panel, and any players you've recently scouted go into the Scouting -> Players -> Scouted panel.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You don't need to shortlist them, any players you are scouting go into the Scouting -> Assignments -> Players panel, and any players you've recently scouted go into the Scouting -> Players -> Scouted panel.

Yes, but that also includes all of the players that your scouts scout independently.

I certainly miss having the individual news items for each report. I also miss the match reports on a player when you asign a scout to watch them. It's strange that you still get those reports for one of your players out on loan, but not for other team's players that you are scouting. I also miss getting the agent notifications in my inbox, it was a much easier way for it to work than the scouting centre. I don't mind the added features to scouting in this years game, like budgets, focuses, packages etc, just the way we view the reports.

Agreed, it is not the best presentation this year. I admit that most of the time now I just ignore scout reports, and make sure I have shortlisted players I want to scout myself so I can easily find them again. This means I have to do a lot of shortlist tidying, which is time consuming. The previous system was much better in this regard. I actually do not mind the current version for scout reports independent of myself. However, if I personally ask for a scout report, I would like to see that report turn up in my inbox. If I was a real life boss, I would have words with the chief scout about his incompetence. 

22 hours ago, Ackter said:

Yes, but that also includes all of the players that your scouts scout independently.

As far as I am aware the assignments page only shows the ones you have asked for reports on. (Though its a little limited as that screen cannot be customized).

I think a happy medium would be having the scouting centre as it is now, but when scouting individual players, you could set them to high priority if you wanted an emailed report. 

I imagine IRL the scouts would be out and about doing their thing, and if a manager was to request info on a particular player, the scout would bring it to the managers immediate attention rather than just lumping the report in amongst countless others. 

Have to agree with akter there. The amendments to scouting that have come via the scouting center are probably the single new best feature of 18.

The limits on instant mega scours and the justification for why scouts recommend the people they do is great. 

The presentation isn't great, and there shouldn't even really a need for you to visit and (inbox) "center" anyway

• Administrators

Probably the closest you could get to the old system would be to go to the Scouting Centre and for the Scouting Inbox change the preferences so it appears say every day or every couple of days. That way it'll likely show the players you've most recently scouted appearing in the inbox more frequently. 

@Neil Brock

Can we get a separate news item for FM19 (or 20) that is a scouting roundup of only players you've requested? We currently have the general scouting meeting news item which is great, so an additional one for requested players would be even better. Say, once a week, but only if we have players requested.

• Administrators

In FM18, via the 'All' dropdown near the top-left hand corner of the Scouting Inbox you can also change the filter to show specific types of reports. Here you can select 'Requested', 'Assignments', 'Suggestions' etc. 

So already you could choose to view 'Requested' every 1 day, then once you've seen the requested items, you could [Clear All] the rest. 

My requested page is always blank when I've checked it - however, even if I'm not using it right (which is easily possible) it's still a bunch of extra clicks that I shouldn't really need to make. I just want a news item to pop up and go "here's a list of those reports you wanted" and let me scroll through them.

Archived