Sports Interactive Community
strangerthankindness

[FM 18] [MOD] CUSTOM CLUB BANNERS AND FAN ADBOARDS FOR STADIUM MATCH ENGINE [RELEASE]

9 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

neverind, mapped them out anyway.

replacing static ads with numbers , why didn't you say .. lol i would say from experience doing this small stadium require about 1 to 60 and the big ones 1-100 images , thats exactly how i do it , then replace the numbers with my graphics to make a more realistic stadium view , you just got to watch for number 1 repeating itself especially behind the goal view

10 hours ago, Formula said:

replacing static ads with numbers , why didn't you say .. lol i would say from experience doing this small stadium require about 1 to 60 and the big ones 1-100 images , thats exactly how i do it , then replace the numbers with my graphics to make a more realistic stadium view , you just got to watch for number 1 repeating itself especially behind the goal view

Looks like it will only use 45 individual images.  even with a capacity of 105,000 i can only see boards 1-45 (some repeated)

2 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Looks like it will only use 45 individual images.  even with a capacity of 105,000 i can only see boards 1-45 (some repeated)

if you can only see 45 and some repeated that means you haven't enough number ads in the integer list and file location , usually the only repeated number is 1 maybe another but usually its the 1 that repeated , add another 20 numbers both in the integer list and file location part of the xml

15 hours ago, Formula said:

if you can only see 45 and some repeated that means you haven't enough number ads in the integer list and file location , usually the only repeated number is 1 maybe another but usually its the 1 that repeated , add another 20 numbers both in the integer list and file location part of the xml

Got it, are they always in the same place/area per stadium? just lacking numbers for tiers that arent there etc. 

for some reason number 1 gets repeated no matter how many images you have , some numbers appear in random order and some number dont actually follow in order and some are missing in order for example i could have number 1 to 122 in ad boards dotted around the stadium so i can see where they are positioned and maybe upto number 80 will be used but maybe 76 or 40 or 34 is never there 

did liverpool's stadium yesterday on the third image you will see you'll never walk alone on the upper 3rd tear those numbers were not visible only at a certain camera angle when the ball went high enough  , this stadium took 122 images

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

on the other hand im in the middle of doing chelsea's ground and i only see 45 images not alot of ad boards for a big stadium there might be a few more right at the top i dont know as the camera doesn't reach that far up

6 hours ago, Formula said:

did liverpool's stadium yesterday on the third image you will see you'll never walk alone on the upper 3rd tear those numbers were not visible only at a certain camera angle when the ball went high enough  , this stadium took 122 images

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Nice.  I wonder how random they get, or if using the cell size value might help.. so 4 or 6 cell boards only it sides/ends.

well thats me out after hours of work the video ads and the static ads have stopped working , have they updated fm2018 with a patch or something , thiers no reason why they should have stopped

7 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Still works for me, been messing about with ad placement this evening, fine.

good stuff , well i dont know whats gone wrong with mine , looks like im gonna have to manually redo the xml again and try that because copying pasting from the one that doesn't work isnt working - my xml must of been corrupted somewhere along the line

On 10/09/2018 at 14:12, Formula said:

Thought i would add to the collection ive made some extra static board ads and video ads for Man Utd , hope you like them i named the video file ad the same as the original to save editing the fm.xl just replace it in the correct video ads folder for Man Utd and likewise for the static boards.

link to the file is here  http://www.mediafire.com/?4uhdbbznqwnww

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Only ust noticed this, have you tried this pack as well ?

https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/36764/the-fm18-adboard-patch

On 15/10/2018 at 16:56, wkdsoul said:

Only ust noticed this, have you tried this pack as well ?

https://sortitoutsi.net/forums/topic/36764/the-fm18-adboard-patch

thanks i will have a look through them for video ads , but i think all of them are in this download , managed to sort the xml again by manually adding back done about 30 clubs with more realistic stadium view static adds , done some championship clubs to but just going to play the game and then who ever gets promoted do them for now , playing with an english team is better not to do the foreign teams as they only way you meet them is in competitions so the generic ads i set for competitions will cover those stadium and video ads

19 hours ago, Formula said:

thanks i will have a look through them for video ads , but i think all of them are in this download , managed to sort the xml again by manually adding back done about 30 clubs with more realistic stadium view static adds , done some championship clubs to but just going to play the game and then who ever gets promoted do them for now , playing with an english team is better not to do the foreign teams as they only way you meet them is in competitions so the generic ads i set for competitions will cover those stadium and video ads

I started mixing them up so you dont jsut get one ad per cycle.

https://vimeo.com/295411610

The banner is working but video adboard 1540108361449440805544709954892.thumb.jpg.97b80ec36b1f057290e7880f87bd6800.jpgisn't. Any solution to that or am i just missing something here? 

Hi all. Apologies for disappearing; was busy with a new job and being a parent and haven't had much time at all to work on this mod, play the game, or even visit the site. Thanks to FORMULA and WKDSOUL for keeping the thread alive with their work and insights; great stuff. Will try to reply to particular queries when I have a chance to go through it all.

Just downloaded FM19 and the good news is that this mod appears to work fine in the new version. Just transfer everything over from FM18, or re-install in all the same places.

FORMULA, you've been hitting a lot of the same issues that I encountered when trying to work on individual club displays. It's really difficult to get particular ads to appear in particular places along the stadiums, I think it's related to the sizes of each stadium. (You can see in the FM data folders how they different folders for different size-stadiums, so I assume that that relates to where ads wind up appearing. Line #25 might place an ad near the left corner flag for one stadium, and high up in the center stands in another. You've got to basically load each stadium, see where the ads are, and then re-code from there. It was just too much work for me, but great work on diving into it.

In the next month or so I'll see if I can get an update together for an official FM19 release, which will also fix some of the lingering issues from FM18 (RB Leipzig not appearing, etc). Also have to hunt down some newer video ads for this year, if possible.

Thanks

On 03/11/2018 at 14:28, percyvaldinho said:

anybody try this in fm2019 yet??

yes mate it works i have it just until they do a 2019 version

On 06/11/2018 at 18:07, strangerthankindness said:

Hi all. Apologies for disappearing; was busy with a new job and being a parent and haven't had much time at all to work on this mod, play the game, or even visit the site. Thanks to FORMULA and WKDSOUL for keeping the thread alive with their work and insights; great stuff. Will try to reply to particular queries when I have a chance to go through it all.

Just downloaded FM19 and the good news is that this mod appears to work fine in the new version. Just transfer everything over from FM18, or re-install in all the same places.

FORMULA, you've been hitting a lot of the same issues that I encountered when trying to work on individual club displays. It's really difficult to get particular ads to appear in particular places along the stadiums, I think it's related to the sizes of each stadium. (You can see in the FM data folders how they different folders for different size-stadiums, so I assume that that relates to where ads wind up appearing. Line #25 might place an ad near the left corner flag for one stadium, and high up in the center stands in another. You've got to basically load each stadium, see where the ads are, and then re-code from there. It was just too much work for me, but great work on diving into it.

In the next month or so I'll see if I can get an update together for an official FM19 release, which will also fix some of the lingering issues from FM18 (RB Leipzig not appearing, etc). Also have to hunt down some newer video ads for this year, if possible.

Thanks

well just finishing off another team i must of done about 30 teams with new stadium background ads , and generic ads for the animated boards , i said i was going to do the premiership and championship but i'm going to leave it as what i've done now at the moment , if there's enough interest i will release what i have but the xml file had been overhauled and the file locations have been to , to me making it much simple to organise and use - so if people want it give me a shout on this post but remember you will have to organise the file structure as i have done in the xml , plus its a bit of a catch 22 as the ordering of number ads will change if the stadium expands , so you will have rearrange them again

Wow, just stumbling upon this and it seems really cool! Thank you to all of you who work on these sorts of things that add that extra bit of flavor - I look forward to the new release and adding it to my game.

Any chance there are plans to add lower leagues like Serie C? Anyone happen to have any screenshots of how Juve looks, out of curiosity?

On 06/11/2018 at 19:07, strangerthankindness said:

Thanks

Unfortunately this isn't the case for everyone, including myself. On previous FM's I always got the adboards working.. but in FM 2019 they won't show in-game.. whatever I do. I play on Mac for your information.
I tried several different adboards packs and installed them exactly the same way as I did in previous versions. But when I installed them I get black static banners at the top of the stands and only the default video adboards from FM (bidstack etc).

It's very frustrating. Seems SI made it much more difficult to use your own adboards due to the Bidstack marketing nonsense.

Edited by Rivanov

sorry if I missed something here .... but adboards of FM18 are they compatible with the FM19 ?? thank you

7 hours ago, kad38 said:

sorry if I missed something here .... but adboards of FM18 are they compatible with the FM19 ?? thank you

For some they work .. for others they won't. They don't work on my end.. where in previous FM versions the adboards always worked. It has something to do with the new adboards that SI implemented (Bidstack etc)

Similar fate here  (on an iMac)....static adboards don't work.....we cultivate some graphics for years and then FM sabotage's you. Let's hope someone can explain how we can get them to work again.

As for the video boards...I don't now where to begin....yes , the default overrides the club video ads when I play....a few club ads are sprinkled in throughout a game. I may rename my team video ads the same as the default ads and at least I should see more of my team ads during a game.

Here's to better days my friends!!

UPDATE: trying several work around's that have found success....for now anyway

Edited by Onyewu
update status

If anyone's interested, here's a link to a quick update for FM19. I don't want to create a new FM19 topic for it yet, as so many people seem to be having issues with the mod working. Glad you were finally able to get it to work, Rivanov, and thanks for the link above to your solution. I'm on a Mac as well, and haven't had a problem yet, but that's probably just luck; having passed it around to some friends, it seems like most can get it to work without any issues, but some can't get the video ads to show at all, and we haven't figured out yet why that is. Certainly seems to have something to do with the "targeted advertising" that SI has instituted to over-ride video adboards with ones from particular sponsors. Between that and the new configuration of a lot of stadiums, which push the static ads either way up into the rafters or right behind the video boards, it's frustrating to say the least.

Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c0t4gg2ebwj7o6o/CLUB_BANNERS_ADBOARDS_FM19_01.zip/file

What's New:

Integrated FM19 default video adboards and static adboards into game, along with various club-specific video adboards
Added newly promoted teams to the mod (1st or 2nd divisions):
FC Emmen (HOL)
Cosenza Calcio (ITA)
Grenoble Foot 38 (FRA)
Extremadura (SPA)

FC Magdeburg (GER)
LOBOS BUAP (MEX)

For those dabbling in USA custom mods, several American lower division teams were added, such as Detroit FC, Las Vegas Lights, etc. Cleaned up several MLS team graphics

Fixed lingering FM 18.02 errors:
Fixed typographical errors in chapecoense (BRA) to allow graphics to work
Fixed typographical errors in Red Bull Leipzig (GER) to allow video adboards to work
Fixed typographical errors in Duisburg (GER) to allow graphics to work

examples:

zBvHZGo.jpg

Juventus example (for Rivanov)

BqtkT3p.png

Sagan Tosu (Japan) if you'd like to follow Fernando Torres and Iniesta

aJ0Hhkc.png

FC Nantes (Ligue 1)

GyZ20Sa.png

Rayo Vallecano (notice irritating gaps between lower boards, how the middle layer is completely bare of banners, and the rest are stuck high up in the stadium, nearly invisible

q1hnVMq.jpg

Chapacoense, Brazilian League (finally working)

Edited by strangerthankindness

Wow this looks great, thanks for including Juve! How did you get that Japanese team, though? I thought that league isn't included in the game, am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Weston said:

Wow this looks great, thanks for including Juve! How did you get that Japanese team, though? I thought that league isn't included in the game, am I missing something?

Hi Weston, yes you're correct in that the J-League isn't officially in the game, but if you look in the editor's forum on this site or just google J-League FM19 you'll find a few custom-made databases that activate it. There's a file in the game that gives fake names to all the J-League teams, but if you delete it then their correct names re-appear.

1 hour ago, strangerthankindness said:

Hi Weston, yes you're correct in that the J-League isn't officially in the game, but if you look in the editor's forum on this site or just google J-League FM19 you'll find a few custom-made databases that activate it. There's a file in the game that gives fake names to all the J-League teams, but if you delete it then their correct names re-appear.

I used the Oakland Raiders and Chicago boards for my custom usa database as well... Oakland looks great

I don't know why, the static boards just don't work :(

The video ads are working great thoug.

This is all i get when in a stadium with static adboards:

ad.JPG

7 hours ago, Crb1986 said:

I don't know why, the static boards just don't work :(

The video ads are working great thoug.

This is all i get when in a stadium with static adboards:

ad.JPG

Hi Crb1986 -

Thanks for the feedback. Judging from your screenshot, this is occuring (I think) because that game is from the Portuguese Serie D or 4th Division? Unfortunately I didn't code that far down, so for Portugal I only have images for the top 2 divisions, along with the cups, and also for about 30 teams. Basically with these mods, the fm.xml file needs to tell the game where to find every single image, and if the game isn't told where to find an image, it will instead fill up the boards with that generic FM 2008 image (don't ask me how it gets that one). I tried to cover the top 2 divisions in every league, but unfortunately wasn't able to do them all.

The other reason that the FM2008 banner appears is if the xml file says there should be an image there, but can't find it if it has been put in the wrong place. Please make sure that all the static adboard images (which are all in the big "ads" folder) are within the FM19/graphics/pictures folder, and that you restarted the game after you put them there.

If you start playing games in the top 2 leagues in Portugal, or with a team like Pacos de Ferreira (the team that's on your profile?), you should start seeing the static boards. Here for instance is one from Pacos, from a Third Phase League Cup game.

I5zBKjg.png

If you'd like I could send you an ads xml file that could at least enable images for Portugal's 3rd-4th divisions, so you wouldn't have to look at those FM2008 boards. (I don't quite know what sponsors/images those leagues use, so would just access a few images that are in the Portugal "generic" folder in the graphics folder. Thanks.

9 hours ago, strangerthankindness said:

Interesting! Will have to check this out for Italian Serie D. Thanks!

52 minutes ago, strangerthankindness said:

Thanks for the feedback. Judging from your screenshot, this is occuring (I think) because that game is from the Portuguese Serie D or 4th Division? Unfortunately I didn't code that far down, so for Portugal I only have images for the top 2 divisions, along with the cups, and also for about 30 teams. Basically with these mods, the fm.xml file needs to tell the game where to find every single image, and if the game isn't told where to find an image, it will instead fill up the boards with that generic FM 2008 image (don't ask me how it gets that one). I tried to cover the top 2 divisions in every league, but unfortunately wasn't able to do them all.

If you start playing games in the top 2 leagues in Portugal, or with a team like Pacos de Ferreira (the team that's on your profile?), you should start seeing the static boards. Here for instance is one from Pacos, from a Third Phase League Cup game.

If you'd like I could send you an ads xml file that could at least enable images for Portugal's 3rd-4th divisions, so you wouldn't have to look at those FM2008 boards. (I don't quite know what sponsors/images those leagues use, so would just access a few images that are in the Portugal "generic" folder in the graphics folder. Thanks.

I understand that you only do the top two divisions, but does this mean that 3rd divisions like Italian Serie C are supposed to appear as the FM19 default, completely blank, or as the FM08 default? Or are the latter two just bugs? I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. If the latter is true then I will simply wait to install this pack until I get promoted to the 2nd tier, unless this needs to be done before starting your save?

13 minutes ago, Weston said:

I understand that you only do the top two divisions, but does this mean that 3rd divisions like Italian Serie C are supposed to appear as the FM19 default, completely blank, or as the FM08 default? Or are the latter two just bugs? I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly. If the latter is true then I will simply wait to install this pack until I get promoted to the 2nd tier, unless this needs to be done before starting your save?

Hi Weston -

This mod just manipulates graphics, not the editor, so you can add or remove it as you like, and don't have to worry about starting a new save. I unfortunately did not add Italian Serie C, however I do have about 53 Italian clubs done, so there's a chance the club you are managing may be in there. What team are you? Basically, if the team has been added in the mod, you will see their banners during their home games. If not, you will get that weird FM2008 image, since the game won't know what else to do. I could easily send you a generic Serie C logo and a corrected ads xml file with it coded properly, though, so you could at least see something more country-specific.

Also, if you are comfortable with editing and manipulating the xml file, there are instructions in the first few posts about how to add your own graphics for whatever team (or league) you would like.

You can also download the file and add it in. If it's something that doesn't work for you, you can just remove the folders/sections that you added in, and the game will revert to its normal state. (Just make sure to power down and back up everything, of course).

Here's a snapshot of all the teams with their own graphics that are in the Italy section. Thanks

italian-clubs.png

2 minutes ago, strangerthankindness said:

Hi Weston -

This mod just manipulates graphics, not the editor, so you can add or remove it as you like, and don't have to worry about starting a new save. I unfortunately did not add Italian Serie C, however I do have about 53 Italian clubs done, so there's a chance the club you are managing may be in there. What team are you? Basically, if the team has been added in the mod, you will see their banners during their home games. If not, you will get that weird FM2008 image, since the game won't know what else to do. I could easily send you a generic Serie C logo and a corrected ads xml file with it coded properly, though, so you could at least see something more country-specific.

Also, if you are comfortable with editing and manipulating the xml file, there are instructions in the first few posts about how to add your own graphics for whatever team (or league) you would like.

Here's a snapshot of all the teams with their own graphics that are in the Italy section. Thanks

italian-clubs.png

Thanks for your reply! I actually haven't started my save yet because the Serie C and Serie B leagues are in some incredibly Italian-style disarray and chaos in real life at the moment. I'm waiting for them to sort out the new league rules and stuff, after which FM will hopefully update the game, and then I can begin. But that's another story.

I don't want to create any extra work for you and I also am not too experienced with this sort of thing so maybe it's best if I just add your work to my save once I get promoted to Serie B and everything works okay. I guess then the only trouble will be when I play away at the other promoted Serie C clubs that still won't have anything, but that's not the end of the world.

2 minutes ago, Weston said:

Thanks for your reply! I actually haven't started my save yet because the Serie C and Serie B leagues are in some incredibly Italian-style disarray and chaos in real life at the moment. I'm waiting for them to sort out the new league rules and stuff, after which FM will hopefully update the game, and then I can begin. But that's another story.

I don't want to create any extra work for you and I also am not too experienced with this sort of thing so maybe it's best if I just add your work to my save once I get promoted to Serie B and everything works okay. I guess then the only trouble will be when I play away at the other promoted Serie C clubs that still won't have anything, but that's not the end of the world.

No problem. If I ever update this again, I'll make sure to at least add 1-2 generic Serie C banners so it will look somewhat okay when you play a team that doesn't have its own graphics. And if you do decide on a team to manage, let me know and I can make something accordingly. I do have about 5-10 more Italian clubs I was thinking of adding, anyway.

5 minutes ago, strangerthankindness said:

No problem. If I ever update this again, I'll make sure to at least add 1-2 generic Serie C banners so it will look somewhat okay when you play a team that doesn't have its own graphics. And if you do decide on a team to manage, let me know and I can make something accordingly. I do have about 5-10 more Italian clubs I was thinking of adding, anyway.

I appreciate the offer! That would still mean every away game is blank though, right?

Just now, Weston said:

I appreciate the offer! That would still mean every away game is blank though, right?

I could quickly post an xml file that you would use instead of the one in the large upload (which would tell the game where to find Serie C images), and then send you 2-3 Serie C images that you would just add into the Italy graphics folder. You would then see something like this (this is from a Russian league game with 2-3 generic league images).

Ctrk7DG.png

On 26/11/2018 at 07:38, strangerthankindness said:

If anyone's interested, here's a link to a quick update for FM19. I don't want to create a new FM19 topic for it yet, as so many people seem to be having issues with the mod working. Glad you were finally able to get it to work, Rivanov, and thanks for the link above to your solution. I'm on a Mac as well, and haven't had a problem yet, but that's probably just luck; having passed it around to some friends, it seems like most can get it to work without any issues, but some can't get the video ads to show at all, and we haven't figured out yet why that is. Certainly seems to have something to do with the "targeted advertising" that SI has instituted to over-ride video adboards with ones from particular sponsors. Between that and the new configuration of a lot of stadiums, which push the static ads either way up into the rafters or right behind the video boards, it's frustrating to say the least.

Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/c0t4gg2ebwj7o6o/CLUB_BANNERS_ADBOARDS_FM19_01.zip/file

What's New:

Integrated FM19 default video adboards and static adboards into game, along with various club-specific video adboards
Added newly promoted teams to the mod (1st or 2nd divisions):
FC Emmen (HOL)
Cosenza Calcio (ITA)
Grenoble Foot 38 (FRA)
Extremadura (SPA)

FC Magdeburg (GER)
LOBOS BUAP (MEX)

For those dabbling in USA custom mods, several American lower division teams were added, such as Detroit FC, Las Vegas Lights, etc. Cleaned up several MLS team graphics

Fixed lingering FM 18.02 errors:
Fixed typographical errors in chapecoense (BRA) to allow graphics to work
Fixed typographical errors in Red Bull Leipzig (GER) to allow video adboards to work
Fixed typographical errors in Duisburg (GER) to allow graphics to work

examples:

zBvHZGo.jpg

Juventus example (for Rivanov)

BqtkT3p.png

Sagan Tosu (Japan) if you'd like to follow Fernando Torres and Iniesta

aJ0Hhkc.png

FC Nantes (Ligue 1)

GyZ20Sa.png

Rayo Vallecano (notice irritating gaps between lower boards, how the middle layer is completely bare of banners, and the rest are stuck high up in the stadium, nearly invisible

q1hnVMq.jpg

Chapacoense, Brazilian League (finally working)

AMAZING work my best friend! Thanks a lot!