Sports Interactive Community
strangerthankindness

[FM 18] [MOD] CUSTOM CLUB BANNERS AND FAN ADBOARDS FOR STADIUM MATCH ENGINE [RELEASE]

Posted (edited)

Tired of looking at the same old generic stadiums and FM ads during nearly every match? Hoping to add a little variety and diversity to your match-game experience? Wanting to give each stadium its own club color and culture? This mod turns FM’s generic adboards into club-specific colors, flags, and banners, giving each stadium its own flair and feel and adding some much-needed individuality to the 3D match-game engine. One of the biggest complaints of the FM gaming system is how little diversity is shown in each club stadium, and how gamers can’t really adapt or change those stadiums. While this mod doesn’t adjust the physical structure of the stadiums, it at least adds some flavor  to each match experience.

ivH4D6a.jpg

Roma, Serie A

DKDuj63.jpg    Tottenham EPL

1GsJbZL.jpg

Celtic, UEFA

dT5XmN1.jpg    Real Betis, La Liga

I originally created this mod for FM14 (https://community.sigames.com/topic/312095-fm-14-released-custom-match-engine-supporters-flags-and-club-logos-for-individual-stadiums/) and FM 15 (https://community.sigames.com/topic/335648-fm15-released-stadium-graphicsbanners-for-3d-match-engine/), and worked on it during FM16 and 17 but never posted it because of being too busy with real-world duties. The way that SI changed the video adboard system for FM18 threw me for a further loop, but I think I’ve figured out how to work with it, and I'm nearly ready to share the results. The prior mods were downloaded nearly 11,000 times, so hopefully this will also be of use to people looking for some variety in the match engine. With over 700 clubs and thousands of images, it's not a perfect duplication of a stadium's adboards or look, but at least offers up something new to look at.

agyZTHU.jpg   Coritiba Brazil, static-adboard example

yyXMRlN.jpg

Dinamo, Croatia, static adboard example

The earlier mods also only featured static adboards that were tied to the teams. What’s exciting this year is not just the addition of video adboards for top leagues, but also that those video boards can be coded to display ads for whatever competition your team is in, while the static adboards in the stadium stands can still reflect the individual team.  All thanks to jeffroberts and rabcp for allowing me to integrate their excellent video adboards into this mod, and to the creators of the original config file that I modified for my FM14 release, doc_debil and tv_capper. (Their work focused on integrating corporate ads into the adboards, while mine does more club-specific fan imagery, but their file opened my eyes to what could be done). Several years on, the current config file has been nearly entirely redone. All graphics are mine, culled from scouring the internet for images of club scarves, fan tifos, banners, flags, even PES/FIFA graphic mods.

JWNGaHy.jpg

OM w/  video adboards for Ligue 1

TLOWT3V.jpg

OM w/ video adboards for Europa League

DOWNLOAD LINK!! UPDATED VERSION FM18.02 W/MORE INDIVIDUAL VIDEO ADS FOR CERTAIN CLUBS, PLUS BRAZILIAN SERIE A COMPLETION & MORE (SEE BELOW POST FOR DETAILS ON UPDATE)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2zg872boi7077wa/CLUB_BANNERS_ADBOARDS_FM18_2.zip

WHAT'S INCLUDED?

Over 700 clubs are featured, including....

EVERY CLUB IN THE….
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE/SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP/LEAGUE ONE
SPAIN’S LA LIGA / LIGA ADELANTE
FRANCE’S LIGUE 1 / LIGUE 2
ITALY’S SERIE A / SERIE B
GERMANY’S BUNDESLIGA / 2ND BUNDESLIGA
PORTUGAL’S LIGA NOS
SWITZERLAND’S SUPER LEAGUE
TURKEY’S SUPER LIG
HOLLAND’S EREDIVISIE
and top Champions-League/Europa League teams from elsewhere in Europe

Each top league (plus Champions League) is coded to automatically display league-specific video adboards along the pitch, and static club-specific boards in the stands. Each lower-league team in the 2nd division (or below) is coded to then “turn on” video adboards if they are promoted to top league, or if they make the Champions League. 

PLUS COMPREHENSIVE COVERAGE OF:
BRAZILIAN SERIE A
MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER (all clubs) and many lower-division US teams
MEXICAN LIGA MX

ARGENTINE PRIMERA DIVISION 
HEAVY SOUTH AMERICAN REPRESENTATION INCLUDING MANY OTHER CLUBS FROM CHILE, COLOMBIA, URUGUAY, etc, 

TOP TEAMS FROM CENTRAL AMERICA FOR THOSE PLAYING IN US/MEXICAN CLUB COMPETITIONS
JAPAN’S J-LEAGUE (or “Nihon League” as its called in game) and some J2 League teams

CHINA’S SUPER LEAGUE (most of the clubs)
AUSTRALIAN A LEAGUE (all clubs!)

INSTRUCTIONS (This can also be found in download file)
A bit complicated, as there are 3 folders, 2 of which are named the same (“ads”), and this year there’s a video adboard folder to worry about, too. 

1. Place first ads folder (the one that has only the fm.xml file inside it) inside the Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018 folder. 
2. Place the large pictures/ads folder inside your FM graphics folder (Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/graphics). If you already have a pictures folder, just place the large ads folder within it, so as not to erase whatever else is in your pictures folder, like stadiums, flags, city pics, etc.  If you don’t have a graphics folder, please create one. Graphics folder should now read graphics/pictures/ads.
See here for visual of both paths: first ads folder is that small one with just the fm.xml file, the second one is in the graphics/pictures folder. (My graphics folder already had other sub-folders for faces, logos, etc, while my pictures folder also has sub-folders for city pics, backgrounds, etc)

3. Place the simatchviewer_uncompressed folder (this contains the video ads) into the Steam folder located not in the area of the first two folders, but in this chain:
For Windows: PCname/Windows/program files/steamsteamapps\common\Football Manager 2018\data
For Mac: MacName\Library\application support\steam\steamapps\common\Football Manager 2018\data
(Note: many Mac users have a hard time finder their Library folder. Easiest way is to go to your Finder menu at the top of your Mac, click “Go,” and hold down the option key. The Library path will magically open up.)

Place the simatchviewer_uncompressed folder in the data folder. 
See here for visual pathway (Mac):

This simatchviewer_uncompressed folder has two sub-folders, one of fonts (which helps some computers read names while with the match engine) and the videos.

3. Please restart FM18 entirely. (If you just refresh the cache, the game may still not realize there is an entirely new place to find its graphics). Only when FM18 is restarted will it find and read the new ads xml file, and also discover the video ads
4. Go to Preferences/Interface screen in game; please click on Clear Cache, and then Reload Skin.
5. Individual team banners and flags should now appear. Enjoy! 

Next few posts will feature more examples, plus guides to adding or changing any images, adding your own teams/leagues, and more! 

file_path_visualization_ads_folders.png

file_path_visualization_video.png

Edited by strangerthankindness

Posted (edited)

POST 2: EXAMPLES

POST 3 (BELOW): TROUBLESHOOTING IDEAS, EXPLANATION OF THE CONFIG FILE AND DECISIONS MADE, & TIPS ON HOW TO ADD/CHANGE IMAGES FOR YOUR OWN NEEDS

POST 2: Here are a few more examples from around the world to give you a better flavor of the mod's scope.....

pY0cCEz.jpg

Sporting Lisbon, LigaNos video adboards

w7RvcAM.jpg

Liverpool, EPL video boards, sideline view

aw7r24q.jpg

atlanta utd (MLS) behind-goal

vxzt6Ha.jpg

Richmond Kickers (USL American 3rd division, this league does not have video boards so only team's static ads will show)

RdS6lTC.jpg

Saprissa (Costa Rica), example from CONCACAF Champions League play: no video ads so only team's static ads will show

fuB5Sbz.jpg

Santa Tecla (El Salvador) example of a team w/o its own boards, but given generic CONCACAF CL boards

Tz0CbZK.jpg

pachuca (mexico, static adboard) (league does not have video adboards so only team's static boards show)

qDwXpNa.jpg

independiente (argentina, static adboard (league does not have video boards so only team's static boards show)

ifjmZow.jpg

Malmo (Sweden, static adboard, league does not have video boards so only team's static boards show)

XHiq4Ri.jpg

Shandong China (video adboard example)

ABxauOu.jpg

Cerezo Osaka (Japan, static adboard example)

eesDo7Y.jpg

Asian Champions League - generic example (w/Al Hilal, a team w/out static ads so ACL video ads will show by pitch, and a generic ACL static ad will repeat in the stand. This also occurs with other leagues that have SOME teams hard-coded for video ads, but others that do not and have no images in the config file)

OGRV6gb.jpg
FC Nantes, Ligue 1

pmXe1hm.jpg
Bologna, Serie A 

ouqAS3B.jpg
Yeovil Town, Sky Bet League 1 or 2 (can't remember, lol); this league does not have video boards, so only the teams' static boards will show

jCGsDcD.jpg
Galatasaray, Data Analyst overhead view

XTjExbC.jpg
AEK Athens, UEFA Europa League example

7r5aUAP.jpg
Arsenal, EPL

Posted (edited)

RESERVED FOR TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS, PLUS A GUIDE TO THE CONFIG FILE, AND ADDING/CHANGING IMAGES FOR YOUR OWN PREFERENCE.

Will revisit and post in here as time allows, but a couple of quick things:

1. Friendly matches are coded to display the generic video adboards that SI games provides, as well as your club's images in the stands. For friendlies in the home venue of small teams (aka anything not in the config file), SI's generic static ads will display. For friendlies in your stadium, a handful of these generic static ads may also appear in your stands, due to some odd code that I can't figure out.

2. This odd coding issue also appears with other leagues that have video ads and 1-2 static ads. Most of the major leagues have ONLY video ads to avoid this problem, but a few have both; as a result some of those static ads will pop up in your stands. The UEFA Europa League is a good example of this. In the future I'll go into more details on this, but basically if you have a league with video ads, the match engine needs both video images (for the pitchline videos) and static images (to fill the stands). As the Europa League has too many random teams popping up every now and again that won't have images in my files, it would display a washed-out FM 2008 (!) image in the stands if it can't find static images, so those leagues need at least 1-2 static images to match the video. The major leagues that have ONLY video ads (EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, etc) are fine because I've coded about 50-70 teams for each of those countries, so it's a safe bet that any team that reaches those domestic top divisions will have images. More details later, and tips on how to change particular leagues to only show video.

3.  Is this pack compatible with other adboard packs? Unfortunately probably not. Most other adboard packs config files have different naming conventions for their images, usually what they represent ("audi," "nike," "skysports," etc), while mine has a generic numbering system 1-10, which makes it easier for me to cut and paste and generate new clubs. So the config files will have named the images differently. However the video ads in the simatchviewer folder have all been created by rabcp and jeffroberts for their individual packs, and are theirs, used with permission. That folder should be similar to what they posted (and indeed may have many things that I didn't actually use, like video ads for individual clubs), but some of the destination paths in the config file may be slightly different. For instance, I copied some ads from their individual nation's folders and put them into a generic one. Regarding the static ads, the config file that I've created is basically completely new in 2018, so many of the record id's will be different also. (And, of course, the images themselves are different). For people who want to use both, you may just need to swap out the different config files accordingly and also the ads folders. One idea could be to rename one pictures/ads folder as pictures/ads2, for instance, and then do a universal find/replace in one of the config files to change every path from pictures/ads to pictures/ads2. That way you could have both large folders intact, but just switch out the config files when needed.

4.  Due to how SI designed the stadiums, some stadiums have adboards that are easily visible, while other may be way up in the stands or hidden behind the video boards. As a result some clubs may not look that great no matter what. (Key big name culprits: Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund). One way around this if it you're starting a new game, you can just duplicate a stadium that you think does look good (make sure to change the latitude/longitude/location of course), and then you'll have a nicer looking stadium. 

5. Your images for [INSERT CLUB HERE] suck. How can I change them? Easiest way is to find your club's folder in the pictures/ads sub-folders (broken down by continent, then nation), and just swap out whatever you don't like with something that you do. One tip: game does not read Jpg files, only png. Keep them at around 1024x112 image size, and make sure to name the new ones with the same name as what you're replacing.

6. I want to see video ads in a league that doesn't show them. How do I do that? Near the very end of the config file, in the record type="competition" section, you'll see a list of commands like "All English Premier League matches have to use LED" with a "record id="11" led_force_flag="true" underneath. Just copy that line and change to whatever league you would like, match the record id to that league's ID, and there you go. You will need to make sure that league is already coded with a pathway to find those video ads, of course. Will get to that later.

7. In the very last section of the config file, there's a list of team id's with "led_force_flag="false" concatenate_next="true" next to them. What is that? That is the code that allows certain teams to be able to show video ads. As we know (maybe), SI has hard-programmed several clubs (those with high reputations and over-30k stadiums, roughly) to have video ads. However if you want a league to show video ads, all INDIVIDUAL teams in that league must have a code allowing them to do so, otherwise the video boards for those teams will be blank. (This is why the Europa League is not hard-coded to show video ads, as there are way too many random teams that are hard to predict entering it). The code above can be either true/true or false/true. If true/true then that club will ALWAYS show video ads, even if it's currently in the 3rd division somewhere. I didn't want that, so I went with false/true. This allows a club to NOT show video ads all the time, like when its in a lower division, but it WILL show them if it makes it to the top league, or to a Champions League. This seemed the most realistic, but feel free to adjust accordingly. Also though, if a team is coded to ALWAYS show video ads, the competition that it's in MUST have video ads. My mod has video ads for many top leagues, but not lower-divisions like the 3Bundesliga or even smaller-nation leagues like the Croatian League, the Peruvian League, etc. This is also because I went through many of those leagues and noticed that they had ZERO clubs already coded to show video ads. (PS: The list of which leagues are coded to show video ads is in the first post). Anyway, to change, just find the record id of your team and change accordingly. The id's are listed numerically, except for the final 50 or so, which are ones I added late and forgot to sort. 

8. I want to see EVEN MORE video ads. How can I do that? Personally I'm not a big fan of watching ads in my spare time, so I used a lot of SI's generic ads for charities in friendlies and some leagues that needed video ads. However I know some people enjoy that realism, so I've left a list of about 20 generic corporate video ads (Nike, Skysports, Audi, Puma, Cocacola, etc) in the config file in both the path name section and the integer list area. (All are provided again by jeffroberts and rabcp). Feel free to browse through them (just look under 'generic corporate" to find them), and choose what you like. In the integer list area just put in the league id# that you want them to display in, though you may need to code in the league to accept LED as well. (See section #6). 

9. How can I add more images to a team, or even add a new team or league that isn't in this file? And how does this fm.xml file work, anyway?

See post below....

https://community.sigames.com/topic/433365-fm-18-mod-custom-club-banners-and-fan-adboards-for-stadium-match-engine-release/?do=findComment&comment=11338254

Fantastic thank you very much for your great work!

Nice, been dragging the original set through the last few versions, be great to get a full update :)  

when you said you was doing club ads why have you in some of the video files you only have 1 or 3 video ads i thought it was going to be more in the pack to be honest you really ain't done anything different to what rabcp has done in your config if you go to

Liverpool and man city there is only pictures where is the video ads like it should be to be honest its poor

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Jeff44 said:

when you said you was doing club ads why have you in some of the video files you only have 1 or 3 video ads i thought it was going to be more in the pack to be honest you really ain't done anything different to what rabcp has done in your config if you go to

Liverpool and man city there is only pictures where is the video ads like it should be to be honest its poor

Thanks for your feedback. Don't know what you mean about only 1 or 3 video ads. Liverpool and Man City are coded to show EPL video ads when in the EPL; I've put about 10 videos for the EPL that will run along the pitch while the team banners in the stands remain no matter what the competition. For Champions League there are about 15 video ads, so you'll see those when u play with Liverpool and Man City, plus their club banners in the stands. You're right in that I didn't bother putting specific video ads with the clubs (like a Liverpool video ad with Liverpool, etc), as if I did that then the static ads would link to the competition, too. 

Personally I prefer to have the competition video ads along the pitch, and the club-specific banners in the stands. Otherwise I'd just be looking at ads the whole game. 

One thing: my config file has different routes to find the video ads, and I moved some of them around in the simatchviewer folder, so if you're using another pack right now it could just not be finding them and displaying blank video. For Liverpool and Man City there should definitely be video ads, not just pictures.

Here's Liverpool for instance...

w7RvcAM.jpg

I'm away from my computer right now but can post some Man City images if you'd like. No worries either way; some people prefer rabcp's pack and how it duplicates real-life ads so well, some like mine, it's all good. 

if you look in your club video ad board pack Arsenal has one video ad called cooper  Brighton one video ad board  burnley one video ad board chelsea has 3 video ads crystal palce has one video ad if you get what i mean put more into them packs has i said its just like rabcp not a lot of different to be honest when you said what your where doing i thought finally someone is going to do a full team video ad pack then you let me down

Posted (edited)

Ah yea I see what you're looking at. I left those videos in there from rabcp's pack as he and jeffroberts gave permission to use them (and that way people could still use them if they wanted to), but my config file doesn't actually access them. My mod uses only video ads for competitions, not clubs, but uses static images for each club in the stands. Anyway, those video ad folders don't represent ALL the ads that a club will show, so even if Arsenal or Chelsea or whatever have 1-2 ads in their folders, they'll actually be displaying about 10-20 through the course of a game, all related to the competition. This makes more sense realistically anyway, because I don't think Arsenal or Chelsea have 10-20 Arsenal-or-Chelsea-only videos that show during a game. They may have 1-2, but then show all the ads from competition sponsors etc.  

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Hi All -

A small update has been posted, mainly cleaning up some errors in the config file, adding some individual video ads for certain clubs, improving the graphics on English League 1 and 2 teams, and adding a few more teams that people requested, such as the rest of the Brazilian Serie A and more. 

Club Banners Adboards FM18.02 Update 

Updates to config file

Added code to access existing video ads for Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester City, Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham

Added code to access existing video ads for Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid

Fixed Inter Milan having incorrect id#

Fixed record id error for Heerenveen

Fixed issue where Barnsley displayed Southampton banners

Fixed misspelling issue in record path for Pittsburgh Riverhounds

Fixed duplicated records btw Ottawa Fury and Atlanta Utd

---

Updates to Video Adboards

Added new video ads for individual Italian clubs Atalanta, Juventus, Inter, Napoli, Lazo, AC Milan, Roma

Added new video ads for individual Dutch clubs Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV

Added new video ads for individual French clubs PSG, Monaco

Added video ads for individual Portuguese clubs Benfica, Porto, Sporting

Updates to Pictures Graphics 

Completed all teams for 2018 Brazilian Serie A 

Added several teams to Brazilian Serie B

Added GFC Ajaccio & AS Beziers in Ligue 2

Added Cultural Leonesa & Gimnastic Tarragona in Liga Adelante

Added Esteghal and Persepolis (Iran)

Added CFR Cluj (Romania)

Added Cracovia KS (Poland)

Cleaned up FC Barcelona images 

Cleaned up Las Palmas images

Cleaned up multiple English League 1 and League 2 club images

The new updated version can be downloaded in its entirety through the original post, or you can DL just the updated files here....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4olv79t445vxc6/CLUB_BANNERS_ADBOARDS_UPDATE18_2_ONLY.zip

With the update, please replace the older fm.xml file with the new one, but just add the individual new pictures/ads/whatever country/whatever team folders into their nation's folders, and just add the simatchviewer_uncompressed videos into the folders of their nations. they are all marked with the folders they should go into.

Some examples: 

IusVDOu.jpg

Liverpool w/individual team video adboard and static ads (thanks to jeffroberts and rabcp as always for video work). Team adboard will play first, then competition video adboards will follow.

2rRcrvi.jpg

Inter  w/individual team video adboard and static ads (thanks to jeffroberts and rabcp as always for video work). Team adboard will play first, then competition video adboards will follow.

aTMGtSr.jpg

Man Utd w/individual team video adboard and static ads (thanks to jeffroberts and rabcp as always for video work). Team adboard will play first, then competition video adboards will follow.

b7QSF0j.jpg

Goias Brazilian Serie B example 

Thanks.

Thanks for the update. Nice work and a file which works fine. Othe adboard didn´t work like yours at my pc.

Posted (edited)

Didn´t know why, but at the bundesliga games i can´t see the banner of the bundesliga if i´m rbleipzig. Other teams work fine:

177uxs.png

Edited by vonreichsm

2 hours ago, strangerthankindness said:

Hi All -

A small update has been posted, mainly cleaning up some errors in the config file, adding some individual video ads for certain clubs, improving the graphics on English League 1 and 2 teams, and adding a few more teams that people requested, such as the rest of the Brazilian Serie A and more. 

Club Banners Adboards FM18.02 Update 

Updates to config file

Added code to access existing video ads for Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester City, Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham

Added code to access existing video ads for Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Madrid

Fixed Inter Milan having incorrect id#

Fixed record id error for Heerenveen

Fixed issue where Barnsley displayed Southampton banners

Fixed misspelling issue in record path for Pittsburgh Riverhounds

Fixed duplicated records btw Ottawa Fury and Atlanta Utd

---

Updates to Video Adboards

Added new video ads for individual Italian clubs Atalanta, Juventus, Inter, Napoli, Lazo, AC Milan, Roma

Added new video ads for individual Dutch clubs Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV

Added new video ads for individual French clubs PSG, Monaco

Added video ads for individual Portuguese clubs Benfica, Porto, Sporting

Updates to Pictures Graphics 

Completed all teams for 2018 Brazilian Serie A 

Added several teams to Brazilian Serie B

Added GFC Ajaccio & AS Beziers in Ligue 2

Added Cultural Leonesa & Gimnastic Tarragona in Liga Adelante

Added Esteghal and Persepolis (Iran)

Added CFR Cluj (Romania)

Added Cracovia KS (Poland)

Cleaned up FC Barcelona images 

Cleaned up Las Palmas images

Cleaned up multiple English League 1 and League 2 club images

The new updated version can be downloaded in its entirety through the original post, or you can DL just the updated files here....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4olv79t445vxc6/CLUB_BANNERS_ADBOARDS_UPDATE18_2_ONLY.zip

With the update, please replace the older fm.xml file with the new one, but just add the individual new pictures/ads/whatever country/whatever team folders into their nation's folders, and just add the simatchviewer_uncompressed videos into the folders of their nations. they are all marked with the folders they should go into.

Some examples: 

IusVDOu.jpg

Liverpool w/individual team video adboard and static ads (thanks to jeffroberts and rabcp as always for video work). Team adboard will play first, then competition video adboards will follow.

2rRcrvi.jpg

Inter  w/individual team video adboard and static ads (thanks to jeffroberts and rabcp as always for video work). Team adboard will play first, then competition video adboards will follow.

aTMGtSr.jpg

Man Utd w/individual team video adboard and static ads (thanks to jeffroberts and rabcp as always for video work). Team adboard will play first, then competition video adboards will follow.

b7QSF0j.jpg

Goias Brazilian Serie B example 

Thanks.

You are amazing mate.
Great work once again :)

6 hours ago, vonreichsm said:

Didn´t know why, but at the bundesliga games i can´t see the banner of the bundesliga if i´m rbleipzig. Other teams work fine:

177uxs.png

Thanks for this, vonreichsm. I'm away from my home computer right now but will take a look, I must have accidentally left out that team's ID code in the section that allows video ads. I may not be able to get to another update soon, until then you can open the config file and look at the end of the file for the section that has all the record id's and the led_flag_false concentanete_next_true lines. Just copy of the lines and place RBL's id# in the new one, resave and restart etc. Maybe make a copy of it first in case. Apologies for that.

How to put in ads adboards for several german teams like stuttgart, bayern ,dortmund from jeff roberts file?

vor 19 Stunden schrieb wkdsoul:

Had to be done...

5af9eb2392d8a_ManchesterCityvBarcelona_MatchPitch-3.thumb.png.180f7ab2fd52cd39727243133194f107.png

but these are lovely great work OP.

5af9eb9bcc68a_PartickThistlevRangers_MatchPitch-2.thumb.png.06399b63dc264a410f46faad3498399b.png 5af9ebbf6e421_ManchesterUnitedvManchesterCity_MatchPitch.thumb.png.5603803accb04de94ab48bdd6cd2544a.png

What did you?

Posted (edited)
On 15/05/2018 at 16:25, vonreichsm said:

What did you?

Centurions board for City :D 

805369284_ManchesterCityvChelsea_MatchLineUps.thumb.png.1b42614edcbd7c877aadd44b6367ffc9.png

Defo, gonna update some custom ones over the summer.. great work OP.

Edited by wkdsoul

8 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Centurions board for City :D 

Defo, gonna update some custom ones over the summer.. great work OP.

Thanks man, and thanks to all. Much appreciated! 

Posted (edited)

THE CONFIG FILE, OR HOW TO ADD YOUR OWN IMAGES/CLUBS/LEAGUES

Many of you may want to tweak this file and make it your own, by adding your own images, adding even more to your favorite club/league, or adding in a club or league that isn't in the file. Some of you may know how to do this, but here's a little intro for those who may not have done this before....

1. Open the config file, which of course is the fm.xml file in the ads folder. Please make sure that you're opening it in a text editor that can handle xml files properly; some basic ones may not be able to and may render the saved result unreadable by the game. I'm on a mac, for instance, and something basic like TextEdit doesn't seem to work. I use a free software for mac called TextWrangler (now BBEdit), but there are probably plenty of others that are useful.

2. The config file is basically broken down into three sections: 1, an area that gives each image a record id#, and tells the game where those images are located; 2, an "integer value" section, that connects those images' record id#'s to the ID# of the club/competition (ie, the images will connect with the clubs), and finally a smaller long list at the end, which basically tells the game that any club listed can accept video ads if needed, by using their id#. (This year's game needs to be told this, otherwise the video adboards will be blank).

For my file, I've basically given each club about 10 images, sometimes 20, and every now and again 30-40. Usually it's just 10, each named 1-10, because that way it was very easy to simply copy and paste to mass-reproduce the names. 

3. Here's an example of one club, wolfsburg: First the record id's, which tells the game that id#'s 2500-2509 are linked to images 1-10 in the wolfsburg folder. Record ID # 2500 is image1 in the wolfsburg folder, etc etc.

<!-- wolfsburg ads -->
        <record id="2500" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/1"/>
        <record id="2501" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/2"/>
        <record id="2502" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/3"/>
        <record id="2503" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/4"/>
        <record id="2504" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/5"/>
        <record id="2505" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/6"/>
        <record id="2506" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/7"/>
        <record id="2507" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/8"/>
        <record id="2508" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/9"/>
        <record id="2509" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/10"/>

And then the integer list, with list id equalling wolfsburg club id# in the game: 

<!-- wolfsburg-->
            <list id="961">
                <integer value="2500"/>
                <integer value="2501"/>
                <integer value="2502"/>
                <integer value="2503"/>
                <integer value="2504"/>
                <integer value="2505"/>
                <integer value="2506"/>
                <integer value="2507"/>
                <integer value="2508"/>
                <integer value="2509"/>
                <integer value="2500"/>
                <integer value="2501"/>
                <integer value="2502"/>
                <integer value="2503"/>
                <integer value="2504"/>
                <integer value="2505"/>
                <integer value="2506"/>
                <integer value="2507"/>
                <integer value="2508"/>
                <integer value="2509"/>
                <integer value="2500"/>
                <integer value="2501"/>
                <integer value="2502"/>
                <integer value="2503"/>
                <integer value="2504"/>
                <integer value="2505"/>
                <integer value="2506"/>
                <integer value="2507"/>
                <integer value="2508"/>
                <integer value="2509"/>
            </list>

If you notice those 2500-2509 image records are repeated several times, in this case to 30 images. The game actually can read up over 100 image lines, or more (depending on the stadium), so in theory you could create 100 or more separate images, then place them strategically around the stadium. Needless to say, this was too much for me with over 700 clubs to work on; also, each stadium has a different layout, so the image #'s in one stadium's north end may be different than another stadiums, and where image #2 or 4 is in one stadium could be in another place with another stadium. It seems accepted that you can have about 30-45 lines for each club. Some of the records even only have 10 lines, one for each image#; this seemed to work as well, though it seemed like it encourage the game to place in more league ads to fill things up. Feel free to play around. You could even tweak it so that you could have images of a Curva Sud in the south end, etc etc. 

ADDING MORE IMAGES TO A CLUB ALREADY IN THE FILE

-So, say you want to add more 10 images to Wolfsburg. You'll need to create more record id#'s, but before that you'll want to make sure that those record id#'s don't already exist. To make it somewhat simpler, I tried to group all the id#'s according to nation or region. You can see it by browsing through the file (8000-9000 has Italy, 2000-3000 Germany, etc), but an easy way is to copy and paste all the record id's into a new document, then sort by line# and numerically. This will give you an easy way to see what #'s are free.

In this case, maybe the easiest way is to just add an extra zero to Wolfsburg's existing 2500-2509 image files, and name the new ones of 2500-2509, 25000-25009. (Simple way is to copy the existing ones, and find and replace "250" with "2500," so it's done automatically). Since we already have 1-10 Wolfsburg image files, we'll want to name the new images 11-20. So here's what we'll have now....

<record id="2500" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/1"/>
        <record id="2501" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/2"/>
        <record id="2502" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/3"/>
        <record id="2503" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/4"/>
        <record id="2504" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/5"/>
        <record id="2505" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/6"/>
        <record id="2506" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/7"/>
        <record id="2507" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/8"/>
        <record id="2508" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/9"/>
        <record id="2509" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/10"/> (1-10 existing ones)
        <record id="25000" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/11"/>
        <record id="25001" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/12"/>
        <record id="25002" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/13"/>
        <record id="25003" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/14"/>
        <record id="25004" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/15"/>
        <record id="25005" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/16"/>
        <record id="25006" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/17"/>
        <record id="25007" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/18"/>
        <record id="25008" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/19"/>
        <record id="25009" path="pictures/ads/europe/germany/clubs/wolfsburg/20"/> (11-20 new ones)

After that, we'll change the new integer list to this....

<!-- wolfsburg-->
            <list id="961">
                <integer value="2500"/>
                <integer value="2501"/>
                <integer value="2502"/>
                <integer value="2503"/>
                <integer value="2504"/>
                <integer value="2505"/>
                <integer value="2506"/>
                <integer value="2507"/>
                <integer value="2508"/>
                <integer value="2509"/>
                <integer value="25000"/>
                <integer value="25001"/>
                <integer value="25002"/>
                <integer value="25003"/>
                <integer value="25004"/>
                <integer value="25005"/>
                <integer value="25006"/>
                <integer value="25007"/>
                <integer value="25008"/>
                <integer value="25009"/>
                <integer value="2500"/>
                <integer value="2501"/>
                <integer value="2502"/>
                <integer value="2503"/>
                <integer value="2504"/>
                <integer value="2505"/>
                <integer value="2506"/>
                <integer value="2507"/>
                <integer value="2508"/>
                <integer value="2509"/>
                <integer value="25000"/>
                <integer value="25001"/>
                <integer value="25002"/>
                <integer value="25003"/>
                <integer value="25004"/>
                <integer value="25005"/>
                <integer value="25006"/>
                <integer value="25007"/>
                <integer value="25008"/>
                <integer value="25009"/>
            </list>

(repeating 1-20 twice to have 40 lines).

After that, just make sure to add in the new 11-20 image files into the wolfsburg folder, restart the game, reload the cache, and you should be good to go. Images should be png files, NOT jpgs, as the game won't recognize jpg files. Feel free to add as many as you'd like. 

Adding a new club is a similar thing. The first record ID section will give your images a record ID, and then a pathway to find them. Say we love the team Bishop Auckland in the UK (id#610). First we'll create a folder called "bishop auckland" with 10 png images of the team, named 1-10. Make sure that the folder name DOES not have any capital letters; for some reason the game won't read them correctly.) We'll place that folder in the pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs" area. Then we see that in the UK config file, all the UK clubs have #'s from 4000-6000, though there are a few gaps with room for new clubs, including all the 4700's. So let's choose 4700-4709 as the new record id's for bishop auckland, and create this text....

<!-- bishop auckland ads -->
        <record id="4700" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/1"/>
        <record id="4701" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/2"/>
        <record id="4702" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/3"/>
        <record id="4703" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/4"/>
        <record id="4704" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/5"/>
        <record id="4705" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/6"/>
        <record id="4706" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/7"/>
        <record id="4707" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/8"/>
        <record id="4708" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/9"/>
        <record id="4709" path="pictures/ads/europe/england/clubs/bishop auckland/10"/>

PS The video ads are located in a different spot, in the simatch_viewer_uncompressed folder: here is their "route".....

<record id="4710" path="video_ads/england/clubs/bishop auckland/team ad" animated="true"/>

Same with the integer list, making sure to add the correct club id# for the team....

<!-- bishop auckland  -->
            <list id="610">
                <integer value="4701"/>
                <integer value="4702"/>
                <integer value="4703"/>
                <integer value="4704"/>
                <integer value="4705"/>
                <integer value="4706"/>
                <integer value="4707"/>
                <integer value="4708"/>
                <integer value="4709"/>
                <integer value="4010"/>
                <integer value="4701"/>
                <integer value="4702"/>
                <integer value="4703"/>
                <integer value="4704"/>
                <integer value="4705"/>
                <integer value="4706"/>
                <integer value="4707"/>
                <integer value="4708"/>
                <integer value="4709"/>
                <integer value="4010"/>
                <integer value="4701"/>
                <integer value="4702"/>
                <integer value="4703"/>
                <integer value="4704"/>
                <integer value="4705"/>
                <integer value="4706"/>
                <integer value="4707"/>
                <integer value="4708"/>
                <integer value="4709"/>
                <integer value="4010"/>
                <integer value="4701"/>
                <integer value="4702"/>
                <integer value="4703"/>
                <integer value="4704"/>
                <integer value="4705"/>
                <integer value="4706"/>
                <integer value="4707"/>
                <integer value="4708"/>
                <integer value="4709"/>
            </list>

(make sure that last "</list>" is there after each team section, otherwise the ENTIRE FILE will not work. Trust me). Also if you have a video ad, you only need to add it once, preferably at the beginning.

Finally, in the last section of the config file, add this line....

<record id="610" led_force_flag="false" concatenate_next="true"/> 

610 is bishop's club ID. force_flag "false" means that it won't normally show video ads, but will (concatenate_next="true") if the team ever makes it to a competition that requires them, like the EPL or the Champions League. Or you could do true/true, so they always showed them, your call.

Finally, adding images for a league or competition is similar. The leagues/competitions are listed before the clubs, usually A-Z by nation. (I tried, anyway). If a league already exists and you want to add more images, it's the same process as adding images for a club. Just remember that for static ads, the club takes precedent over the league, so any club with static ads will show those instead of league ads. If a league has video ads, though, they will show along with the club static ones.

That's it. A simple way to do all of this is to copy a prior teams records, say barnsley (which has records of 4200-4209), do a find-and-replace of 'barnsley' to 'bishop auckland,' and "42" to "47," which will change all the 4200-4209 to 4700-4709, quickly. This is why I chose the 1-10 # system, as a quick way to reproduce everything.

That's it. I tried to add as many clubs as I could, but I know that they'll be people playing with all sorts of clubs and in all kinds of leagues that won't be in here, so hopefully this guide will get you started on creating your own.

Thanks for sticking with this long-ass, picture-less tutorial, and enjoy! 

Cracking.  Need to mix it up a bit but loving these.   93.20 / centurions couple of others created.

1745598529_ManchesterCityvPSG_MatchPitch-10.thumb.png.ddd9f6a0bc008a20957c469a01a1ff48.png

Posted (edited)

I'm getting 68 errors when extracting. It's saying the file name/path is more than 260 characters, or that the system cannot find the path specified.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Edited by Carlito85

image.thumb.png.da2d02ffea4bb94fe2757b80d7d5c8ab.pngAfter the team has built a new stadium, Many banners are disappeared. How can I solve it? Thanks.

great work and much appreciated from someone who would have no idea of how to do this. Thanks for the hardwork but most importantly for sharing. 

Posted (edited)
On 24/05/2018 at 20:13, keithfc said:

image.thumb.png.da2d02ffea4bb94fe2757b80d7d5c8ab.pngAfter the team has built a new stadium, Many banners are disappeared. How can I solve it? Thanks.

Hey keithfc, great question. It may have something to do with stadiums over 75k large, as for some reason a lot of them don't look that great. (See: Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, for examples.). I think the game's layout of most very large stadiums pushes the adboards to either the very top levels (you can see them if you switch to the data analyst view and lower the camera enough to see the top), or along the floor instead. (See your screen grab, and how a lot of the banners are stuck at the bottom of the right-side goal). All the middle spaces are left blank, it's really odd. (I tested this on another computer without my mod installed, and it's the same problem even with the original game files). So I don't know why most of the large stadiums have that unattractive layout, while a few do. 

This is something that so bothers me that I am dreading the time the board ever approaches me to build a new stadium, lol. 

mazza bul: i released this after the 18.3 update, so it should work no problem. I HOPE it will work with future updates, though who knows, hopefully SI won't change the coding to only feature their sponsors or something. 

thanks to all. 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb DieSpaghettis:

vonreichsm

Yes, you forgot RBL. I did what you wrote and now it works fine: How did you do that? It's not me

Didn´t know what you mean?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb DieSpaghettis:

How did you get RB Leipzig gangs to work, still not working for me

I did what stranger wrote. Have a look above.

I can’t get the ad boards to work at all. I fact they don’t work period. I have the banners working ok. Any ideas? 

Posted (edited)

Is it normal that i have black adboards at the field?

1x5jbp.png

At the next game in the same league, but an other team, it looks like this (seems right, or not?)

1buz0f.png

Edited by vonreichsm

Have a look. Again. MSV Duisburg. ID 933. Match in the 3. Liga in germany. Black adboards, but in the config is the team with the id 933. Any idea?

15slmy.png

2r3lsq.png

can i use static adboards where the video adboards r.  ive got them working on my computer but my mates computer is not reading the video adboards.

Video Adboard is working but the banner isn't. Any solution to that or am i just missing something here? 

Bit of a gripe here but the Scottish prem ones are out of date as is the league cup. 

Posted (edited)
On 24/06/2018 at 05:30, Kevin10006 said:

Video Adboard is working but the banner isn't. Any solution to that or am i just missing something here? 

Im getting the exact same thing. I've tried all kinds, but all I get is the adboards working fine and where the banners are meant to be, they're just clear white. Anyone know a fix for this? If I take away the ads file from the FM18 folder (not the graphics folder one) it will show the original, generic SI ads, so maybe it's the config file? Help would he appreciated 

Edited by MickyFett

Posted (edited)

Hey All -

Thanks for all the responses and feedback. Apologies for late replies; I'm not on the site much this summer, and will be only checking in now and again. 

On 24/06/2018 at 03:12, grantjb said:

Bit of a gripe here but the Scottish prem ones are out of date as is the league cup. 

Yea those were some older ones I had around for the leagues, have to try to get more current images soon. I don't get the Scottish leagues here so am not that exposed to what the logos/etc are, and I haven't actually played FM in that league, so sometimes I'm not too aware of out-of-date stuff. If you have a suggestion on where to find newer logos, feel free to msg me, if not no worries, I can find something.

On 28/06/2018 at 10:58, MickyFett said:

Im getting the exact same thing. I've tried all kinds, but all I get is the adboards working fine and where the banners are meant to be, they're just clear white. Anyone know a fix for this? If I take away the ads file from the FM18 folder (not the graphics folder one) it will show the original, generic SI ads, so maybe it's the config file? Help would he appreciated 

Hey MickyFett & Kevin10006, thx for question. So the video ads are working but not the static banners in the stands? A poster on another site had a similar issue and it was due to the simatchviewer_uncompressed folder being in the incorrect spot. He solved the issue by moving it to the correct spot. (For windows: windows/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2018/data, and for macs: library/application support/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2018/data). See attached image. 

1517088264_ScreenShot2018-07-10at11_32_19AM.thumb.png.4799fd95c460b11eaa572833d33cbc3f.png

Also, is this happening for every team/league, or just particular ones?

On 17/06/2018 at 04:09, wiltshire118 said:

can i use static adboards where the video adboards r.  ive got them working on my computer but my mates computer is not reading the video adboards.

Wiltshire118, unfortunately no, the game won't allow static ads to be shown where the video ads should be. They changed this for FM18, and I can't figure out a workaround. sorry.

On 15/06/2018 at 22:18, vonreichsm said:

Have a look. Again. MSV Duisburg. ID 933. Match in the 3. Liga in germany. Black adboards, but in the config is the team with the id 933. Any idea?

15slmy.png

vonreichsm (and the other poster) -

couldn't figure this one out until I dug a little deeper. ERROR ALERT: The config file has Duisburg spelled correctly, but my graphics folder has it spelled with an e (duisberg). My fault. To correct, just go into the graphics folder and change duisberg to duisburg. This should solve that particular issue, I think.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb strangerthankindness:

Hey All -

Thanks for all the responses and feedback. Apologies for late replies; I'm not on the site much this summer, and will be only checking in now and again. 

Yea those were some older ones I had around for the leagues, have to try to get more current images soon. I don't get the Scottish leagues here so am not that exposed to what the logos/etc are, and I haven't actually played FM in that league, so sometimes I'm not too aware of out-of-date stuff. If you have a suggestion on where to find newer logos, feel free to msg me, if not no worries, I can find something.

Hey MickyFett & Kevin10006, thx for question. So the video ads are working but not the static banners in the stands? A poster on another site had a similar issue and it was due to the simatchviewer_uncompressed folder being in the incorrect spot. He solved the issue by moving it to the correct spot. (For windows: windows/program files/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2018/data, and for macs: library/application support/steam/steamapps/common/football manager 2018/data). See attached image. 

1517088264_ScreenShot2018-07-10at11_32_19AM.thumb.png.4799fd95c460b11eaa572833d33cbc3f.png

Also, is this happening for every team/league, or just particular ones?

Wiltshire118, unfortunately no, the game won't allow static ads to be shown where the video ads should be. They changed this for FM18, and I can't figure out a workaround. sorry.

vonreichsm (and the other poster) -

couldn't figure this one out until I dug a little deeper. ERROR ALERT: The config file has Duisburg spelled correctly, but my graphics folder has it spelled with an e (duisberg). My fault. To correct, just go into the graphics folder and change duisberg to duisburg. This should solve that particular issue, I think.

Thanks. I´ll change it and give a report if it works now.

I have problem with video ads now showing in the Spanish la liga matches I have put simatchviewer_uncompressed folder in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\data as I'm not using steam is there anything I can do to get them to work.

All my ads are in C:\Users\myusername\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\graphics\pictures\ads

thanks in advance for any help I get