Yearly Kits?

RH180

On FM19 there should be a feature where you can change your kit every season.
- Pick the shirt sponsor. 
- Pick club sponsor. 
- Pick the design and colours of kits. 
Gets boring looking at the same kit every season. 
I know you can add your own. But, not everyone knows how to do that.
Another alternative is FM giving you 2/3 generated kits based on your club colours.

Picking up kit designs, colors, sponsor are not manager's responsibility. The manager in football manager has too much control over the club already, which is not always realistic unless he's highly respected figure within the club.

7 hours ago, Haiku said:

Picking up kit designs, colors, sponsor are not manager's responsibility. The manager in football manager has too much control over the club already, which is not always realistic unless he's highly respected figure within the club.

Manager's would have a say in it though. Depends how "hands on" the manager is. 

47 minutes ago, RH180 said:

Manager's would have a say in it though. Depends how "hands on" the manager is. 

You can change kits on FM18 already. You can use in-game editor to change kit template and colors whenever you want during your save. Also by importing custom 3D and 2D kit graphics you can make changes to the slightest detail.

6 hours ago, Haiku said:

You can change kits on FM18 already. You can use in-game editor to change kit template and colors whenever you want during your save. Also by importing custom 3D and 2D kit graphics you can make changes to the slightest detail.

Using the in-game editor is classed as cheating because it'll show up in the Game Status. 
Also, I mentioned you could add your own. But, not everyone knows how to do it. 
I still see people using the default badges for clubs on FM18 now.

+1 for the game automatically generating new kits based on club colours.

So for example, Man City every season have their sky blue home kit, but the away kit will rotate/change randomly every season or two to a purple kit, a dark blue kit or even perhaps the red and black vertical stripes. Just one club. But rather than every season having the same kits, this would be a good addition I feel. 

I don't think manager's should have a say in this, I just think the game could randomly create a new club kit every season based on: 1. pre-selected colours (such as above with City) and 2. based on random design, so one season the club might have hoops as their away kit, the next season 2-tone etc. The home kit should rarely deviate though, given that is generally how it is in real life. 

On 2018. 05. 11. at 01:53, JDownie said:

+1 for the game automatically generating new kits based on club colours.

+1

This has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time, it is incredibly monotonous on long saves if you are a scrub like me and prefer to play on 3D mode. I have some very concrete and detailed ideas how to implement this, and if I was told in which language to demonstrate them, happy to program up a small demo. Also, maybe improve the away kit choosing algorithm along the way (which I would be most curious about as well...). However, it would require a (major) tweak to the kit description format in the editor and a significant one-off effort by the researchers to take the dynamic kits into account, but should eliminate all further need of updating the kit year after year.

So please SI, get in touch and tell me how I can show off the idea(s) to you. (The system has three building blocks, which could each be implemented on its own, but would provide the best results all together)

Kind regards,

Scythian

PS just as a reference, this would be highly realistic too, as demonstrated for example by one of the most successful (hence often played) clubs, FC Barcelona's shirt history. https://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/08/full-fc-barcelona-home-away-kit-history.html

Whilst many English clubs stick with a very similar design each year, the away shirts are highly variable, and home kits also show some variety.

It is also disheartening to have a club go with an unsual kit design for eternity, just because they went with it that particular season the game came out. Jeez, it really bugs me.

Licensing issues will likely mean it'd won't ever be option (apart from the external methods already present) - they won't be able to change the licensed team kits, they also wouldn't be allowed to use real company names as sponsors, nor kit makers or even real kit templates as they'd all need licensing, and any fake companies would need to be passed through legal to make sure they aren't too close to real companies.

Also if you don't want to use (or don't have) the IGE then you can add yearly kits using the pre-game editor, though you'll need to do it before starting your game.

39 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Licensing issues will likely mean it'd won't ever be option (apart from the external methods already present) - they won't be able to change the licensed team kits, they also wouldn't be allowed to use real company names as sponsors, nor kit makers or even real kit templates as they'd all need licensing, and any fake companies would need to be passed through legal to make sure they aren't too close to real companies.

Also if you don't want to use (or don't have) the IGE then you can add yearly kits using the pre-game editor, though you'll need to do it before starting your game.

1) There are a host of clubs outside of licenced leagues, those could have dynamic kits at least.

2) The licenced kits could last just for the 1st season for those teams with a licence.

3) At the very least, structures could be in place to allow modding in this regard. And not by coming up with a different home, away and third kit personally for each team and each year in advance and enter it them into an editor, but let an intelligent algorithm do it along certain guidelines (which then could be tinkered with in the editor). The teams you play against should also dynamically change their kits.

Though I am less concerned about sponsors, one idea could be to use the companies/charities on the sideline signs. Or just use charities altogether.

Wouldn't mind it as something that just happens (for unlicensed leagues). Comes in along with the commercial summary or something. No need for manager input though.

• 1 month later...

Archived