• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First season I ended 13th, 2nd season 15th after having two very strange streaks in the season, first 6 draws in a row, then lost six games in a row 1-0 from games 32-37 (when we were save anyways at least). FA Cup wise we lost twice to Arsenal in the replay. First season we dominated them at the Cottage, couldn't get a goal, second year we got a 0-0 at Emirates but lost at home. Didn't matter though as the next round would've been a trip to Etihad anyways. 

Very disappointing start tbh, just can't get something to work it seems, very inconsistent or if consistent then in a negative way. I never really managed a bad Premier League side before, so I'm not that sure what to do, and when we're close against the top 6 squads we always concede in the last minutes (in the 6 draw run was a 1-1 vs. City where they equalized in the 93rd for example). Very depressing when you see people winning the CL in the third season the latest here.

@KI Heynckes don't get discouraged, I know it's easy to. My first season I finished 15th and lost in the FA Cup in the 1st round to a Championship team. Just keep on surviving and building up your team and the results will come. I didn't win anything until my 3rd year and it was because I had a kinda easy run through the FA Cup.

I am doing something similar. Not really the SAF challenge but I took over Southampton when they were 18th in the first season in November but my question is, what coaches do you guys sign with using such a small database? I want to get the best possible coaches but I'm having trouble finding them.

Ok, this has been really hard than I thought. 

Got relegated at the end of the season with 2 games left and hence sacked too.

Has been so unlucky with many injuries both short term and long term ones impacting the tactics and team sheet.

Will restart and post here which team I get. 

826b0c7d833ca9fe989b2a63682c4bbc.png

• 1 month later...

Made it to January and I cannot believe the run of form I've been on! Really impressed with my Watford squad and the general quality along with some really promising youth prospects. Only 9 games into my reign so far but I've already tackled the top 4 and come away with some fantastic results! I'm aiming for Top 6 this season judging on performances so far.

image.thumb.png.9ea1e23e2bd78660552145b6cd6c4d6f.png

Honestly cannot believe how well this season is going, I have never experienced anything like this on FM prior to now. This may be the first game where everything is just falling into place nicely. In the January Transfer Window I had just over £30 Million in the kitty, however there wasnt much availability on positions I wanted to strengthen however I did manage to pick up Origi, who was transfer listed, for £5.5 Million, Raya for £14 Million and Tonali for £10 Million. Really happy that I managed to pick these guys up however Tonali is struggling to get into the team due to the form of Hughes, Doucoure and Chalobah.

image.thumb.png.166463e9a9f21132e31cd90d4f75222c.png

As you can see, the form has been absolutely phenomenal. I have only lost 1 game in my first 20 alongside a few draws too. I'm not sure how much longer this form can continue, I for one have never had a run like this on FM before. I'm hoping to at least get into Europe this season, however the form of the Top 6 has been just as good as mine so finding it very difficult to break into it at the minute. I would still be more than happy with 7th Place.

image.thumb.png.bedef1f945869852af995d1d16cf6236.png

I've just had my first crop of Youth Players come through and there's 2 that I'm happy with that could potentially break into the first team in the next couple of years, alongside Cassidy, Dahlberg and Wilmot.

image.thumb.png.7e063bf9e315a879f034f24406c0e5a0.pngimage.thumb.png.916b0e06b4b0ba6be8f2068d317255f9.png

Hoping for a strong finish to the season, I'm just praying that when the unbeaten streak comes to an end, the players can bounce back as soon as possible. I'm still in the FA Cup so fingers crossed I can get as far as possible with Man City & Man Utd the only big teams still left standing. I'll leave it there for now and I will update you guys when it comes to the end of the season.

2018/2019 Review

An UNBELIEVABLE First Season in charge of Watford. We finished the season in 3rd Place after some fantastic performances. Typical that the game after my previous post, the unbeaten streak came to an end with a 2-0 loss to Bournemouth but the boys bounced back and carried on the momentum to finish the season way higher than I had anticipated. Not only did we finish in 3rd Place, we also won the FA Cup in true FM Style, knocking out Man City 3-0 in the Semi Final, in a game in which they dominated and we only had 3 shots on target followed by a demolition of Man Utd in the final that finished 2-1 with us hitting the woodwork 3 times as well! I couldn't be happier with this years achievements and I'm looking forward to the next season already. I also picked up Manager of the Year too. The signings of Pineda & Tierney are already done ready for pre-season, and with a budget of just under £50 Million, I'm looking to strengthen my defence although I need to get my wage budget decreased significantly first so I'm expecting to sell a lot of deadwood during the window.

image.thumb.png.8608dad5ed5e752e27ea88a7d5b56f32.pngimage.thumb.png.d27b7b2cf82c8fb1f4017de0f6bf32be.pngimage.thumb.png.e1aa290a9a64a88239457ffe239955e9.pngimage.thumb.png.0694619341cd9b04b01f4b1985d4b3f5.pngimage.thumb.png.c747e0e4849e638eda1f378c50ed286c.pngimage.thumb.png.a1bfac9a7392e03560842c52ff2d3aef.png

• 1 month later...

Not a full update but was so happy with how this challenge has started after just one game that I had to post something.

I was given the rather unenviable job of traveling to league leaders Manchester City for my first game in charge:

image.thumb.png.5b835145b844dfbeba5765beacae188d.png

To not only have more possession than them, my chances were also of higher quality (giving away just a single half chance in the whole match), I'm almost disappointed to only come away with a point:

image.thumb.png.61e1122619d29b3a5dfa1d0c52a3c714.png

Let's hope this is a sign of good things to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2018/19 Review

Transfers:

image.thumb.png.06c7b10354b72ff1dd7e9bb7598e26c9.png

Competitions:

image.thumb.png.663536f3826e59edc6db3327f124b715.png

Challenge Progress - 700 Points:

Domestic Titles:

0/13 Premier League Titles

1/5 The Emirates FA Cup Titles - 200 points

0/4 Carabao Cup (League Cup) Titles

0/10 English Community Shield

European Titles:

0/2 UEFA Champions League

0/1 UEFA Europa League

0/1 UEFA Super Cup

0/2 FIFA Club World Championship

Milestones:

Win the FA Cup within 4 Seasons - Done - 500 points

Win the Premier League within 7 Seasons - Pending

Win a Premier League/FA Cup Double within 8 Seasons - Pending

Win Three Premier League/FA Cup Doubles within 13 Seasons - Pending

Win the Premier League/FA Cup/Champions League Treble within 13 Seasons

Edited by Chevie

Season 2019/20 Review

Transfers:

image.thumb.png.4a960443bd6cc4346b679b99bc07c3dd.png

image.thumb.png.791d466252bdbbf773289dff3203cb22.png

*NOTE: Simmonds and Nmecha didn't make a single appearance all season so only 7 permanent signings played in the first team*

Competitions:

image.thumb.png.53ee48deb8470dd0e225c6d7237928e8.png

Challenge Progress - 1,200 Points:

Domestic Titles:

1/5 The Emirates FA Cup Titles - 2019 - 200 points

1/4 Carabao Cup (League Cup) Titles - 2020 - 100 points

European Titles:

1/1 UEFA Europa League - 2020 - 400 points

0/1 UEFA Super Cup

Milestones:

Edited by Chevie

Will give this a go. Not sure how committed I can be with work and all that jazz, but we'll see. 

EDIT: Realized I set up the game incorrectly, will restart now.

Got Watford this time instead of Palace. Think I would have preferred Palace tbh.

Gary Murphy_  Home.png

Gary Murphy_ My Profile Profile-2.png

Edited by Gareh

Season 2020/21 Review

Transfers:

image.thumb.png.93a676104ed5cb48ac181030a9b97929.png

Competitions:

image.thumb.png.5f6f9894969f41bc59db3dbad680c7fc.png

Challenge Progress - 1,400 Points:

Domestic Titles:

2/5 The Emirates FA Cup Titles - 2019 - 400 points

1/4 Carabao Cup (League Cup) Titles - 2020 - 100 points

European Titles:

1/1 UEFA Europa League - 2020 - 400 points

0/1 UEFA Super Cup

Milestones:

Edited by Chevie

SEASON 18/19 IS OVER!

Well, I'm a little bit shocked right now! :D We've got 7th place in Premier League. Unfortunately, we've lost with Manchester United in FA Cup in 6th Round, but only after extra time, when in 112th minute Herrera scores for United. The best match in season? I think it was 5-1 with Manchester City, I don't even know still what was happened, but some matches also was very good (for example 5-2 with Tottenham when we draw to 82nd minute 2-2). Well, 7th place, closely UEFA Europa League. Moving on!

Brighton - Manchester United_ Match Podsumowanie.png

Brighton & Hove Albion_  Seniorski_ Mecze.png

Brighton & Hove Albion_  Seniorski_ Mecze-2.png

Premier League_ Statystyki Piłkarz (ogólnie).png

Premier League_ Widok ogólny Profil-4.png

Premier League_ Widok ogólny Wcześniejsze osiągnięcia.png

Brighton - Manchester United_ Match Podsumowanie-2.png

Tottenham - Brighton_ Match Podsumowanie.png

SAF Challenge 1 season.png

SEASON 18/19 IS OVER

Well sorry, for latest post. Of course it was season 17/18. But in 18/19.... jesus christ! :D I'm so happy and I'm soo excited! But first things first. I've decided to buy 6 players for this season (5 regens and 1 player):

Brad Holland (England) - Blackburn - Central Back - 13,000,000 euro
Mikkel Kristensen (Denmark) - Aarhus GF - Midfielder - 9,000,000 euro
Lewis Andrew (England) - Luton Town - Striker - 2,000,000 euro
Karol Linetty (Poland) - Sampdoria - Midfielder - 16,000,000 euro
Jonathan Johnsen (Norway) - Rosenbork BK - Striker - 10,000,000 euro
Jan Liska (Czech Republic) - Sparta Praga - Goalkeeper - 1,700,000 euro

Soo... in this season, WE'VE WON PREMIER LEAGUE AND CARABAO CUP! We was fighting in PL with Tottenham and Chelsea. Finally, we've finish against Chelsea for 8 points <3 We've won Carabao Cup in final with Manchester United 3-1. But my new players, just WOW. I think that Johnsen, it's just new Ole Gunnar Solskjaer :D But in FA Cup... :( We've lost with Fulham, which was relegated to Championship... What a shame!
Big thanks to Tottenham for perfect end of this season (haha). They lost in 4th next matches (0-5 with Newcastle xDDD). So, that's all, but I must show you my probably best regen in this season (15 years old Cameron Scorer). I don't know, maybe that's a new Alan Shearer? Soo, thanks and we're moving on!

Brad Holland_ Widok ogólny Profil.png

Jan Liska_ Widok ogólny Profil.png

Jonathan Johnsen_ Widok ogólny Profil.png

Karol Linetty_ Widok ogólny Profil.png

Lewis Andrew_ Widok ogólny Profil.png

Mikkel Kristensen_ Widok ogólny Profil.png

Brighton & Hove Albion_  Seniorski_ Mecze.png

Brighton & Hove Albion_  Seniorski_ Mecze-2.png

Brighton & Hove Albion_  Seniorski_ Mecze-3.png

Brighton & Hove Albion_  Seniorski_ Mecze-4.png

Premier League_ Widok ogólny Profil.png

Cameron Scorer_ Widok ogólny Profil.png

SAF Challenge 1 season.png

7rsf69W.png

BRIGHTON
SEASON 19/20
THE CHAAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOOOOONS

Premier League

So, we defend Premier League title! :D I'm so happy! On the 2nd place (of course) Manchester United, 11 points behind us! But, before 37th line, United lost to us 6 points, but then they draw with Leicester and lost with Arsenal. Top Scorer in EPL? Jonathan Johnsen with unbelievable 43rd goals <3

ixkgDcc.png
FQFLiLs.png
fcBdjXy.png

FA Cup

Finally! We've won the FA Cup. In the 6th Round, I've probably had a best match in this season! 6-2 WITH LIVERPOOL! Final was also fantastic, 5-0 with City! Congratulations for my players!

E1yBAp0.png

Carabao Cup

We've won also Carabao Cup. In the final we've won with Manchester City after extra time 4-2!

Fketj8v.png

UEFA Champions League

THE CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMPIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS! I'M SO SHOCKED RIGHT NOW! I'm not expect this result! WE'VE WON F***ING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE! 

eAcM8vu.png

Look at this result! It's sooo incredible. 4-2 at Camp Nou is probably 2nd best match of my team in Champions League. We're losing 2-0 after 1st half. 2nd half? 4 goals in 13 minutes! And in rematch magic 5-1! But final... OMG! We're losing 1-0 after Bale goal in 9th minute... But then... 2nd half. Johnsen on tie. 2 minutes later... red card for Clyne. I thought, that's the end. But... Andrew in 79th minute for 2-1, next Jonhsen in 85th minute for 3-1! 3 minute later, I've got a 2nd red card... this time for Dunk, but 3 minutes later... Lewis Andrew, he did it! 4-1! And we've won the UEFA Champions League! In 95th minute Kovacic scored for 4-2, but it wasn't important! WE'VE WON THE FIRST CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN THIS CHALLENGE!!!!! In addition, we've done it on Wembley! 

uhsSPAS.png

Community Shield

NyQ8bj0.png

TRANSFERS

NrBdmOR.png

MY TEAM

sFpL3wz.png

CHALLENGE

URFFSz3.png

Season 2020/21 Review

Transfers:

image.thumb.png.8f90861ca283d4ce3a667e397f31b114.png

Competitions:

image.thumb.png.60825cb67d9654af12630e29ffbc094a.png

Got one of the big ones! Disappointed that I couldn't see through a treble I was just two games away from.

Progress (shout out to @wojtekschiller3 for the idea to use a spreadsheet to record this! - not sure why I wasn't doing this before ...):

image.thumb.png.6db9bb41f691daa8e148a7c14e3a1fa8.png

image.thumb.png.da5b25d87bed18c40ba376f15c339eba.png

13 hours ago, JaytheGreat said:

@Chevie Well you had some great transfers in and it definitely showed. Congrats on your 1st Premier League win!

Chiesa on the right wing was an absolute game changer - He was truly brilliant all season.

Latest transfer window has been fruitful too with Anthony Martial, Ruben Neves and Krzysztof Piatek coming in to replace Boufal, Hojbjerg and Ings in order to improve the squad.

Hopefully they can help push me up to the next level and to that first league and cup double or possibly even the Champions League crown!

Not a full update, but wanted to share what my team have just done to Olympiacos in the Champions League:

image.thumb.png.9618e58fcb94f2bf04882c4d903a2172.png

I'm personally offended that my half time team talk clearly demotivated them :lol:

9 hours ago, Chevie said:

Not a full update, but wanted to share what my team have just done to Olympiacos in the Champions League:

image.thumb.png.9618e58fcb94f2bf04882c4d903a2172.png

I'm personally offended that my half time team talk clearly demotivated them :lol:

Now that's a complete and total domination. 

Image result for west ham badge

West Ham - 2018/19 Report

My goodness was this season a bit ropey. We got off to a pretty poor start with a number of losses, but due to a run in both December and January, I was hopeful of retaining mid-table irrelevance. Fortunately for both myself and the Hammers, we did manage to find that mid-table irrelevance, but barely. We suffered poor draws and defeats near the tail end of the season, and it all looked for naught until we managed to secure key wins against both Southampton and Manchester United. These wins allowed us to finish just 9 points above the relegation zone in 14th place.

During my first transfer window with the hammers, I brought in four players and let out two. I let Adrian go to Firoentina because he was old, on high wages, and not going to play a game. I sold Massaku to Valencia because he wasn't English and I felt like Cresswell would do a good job in the position. Because the Hammers begin with a pretty poor right back situation, I brought in Adam Marusic from Lazio. He took the first team spot for the rest of the season, but I definitely feel as though my scouts overated him. Following Marusic, I brought in Andreas Samaris from Benfica: a proven midfielder that came in the cheap, Samaris was a good pick up. I then brought in Miha Melvja from Zenit; I originally Melvja was going to be a lot better than he actually was, but that wasn't the case sadly. To finish off the window, I loaned  in Fulham fullback  Maxime Le Marchand purely because I had an injury crisis at left back.

I've already started the next season with 7 new signings and a loan. I spent 95 million on new players, and let go 102 million. Overall, I believe that I have improved the squad immensely, and you can see all my choices in the screenshots below. Onwards to Season 2! Also did I mention the not-quite-wonderkid regen I produced?

transfers.PNG

leaguefinal.PNG

fin.PNG

saftety.PNG

wtf.PNG

lookinup.PNG

@CaesarXI Good job staying up, the first season is usually the hardest. You've upgraded your team with some solid player, I think you should atleast have a top 10 team in the league next year. The regen looks like he'll be really good and a first teamer for you for a long time. 

• 3 weeks later...

This is my go-to challenge, I’ve always found it to be good fun - a couple of years back I had a great run with Burnley but never won the league! Always got pipped at the post.