Suggestion: Family Ties

fmonit

The storytelling of FM could be improved by providing more family relationships between newgens.

For instance, Romelu Lukaku has a brother that plays left back at Lazio Roma. They both started at the same club in Belgium and each went their own way. They now (sometimes) play together in the national team. 

Why are there no family relationships between newgens? Or maybe there are some but I haven't encountered any. It can't be that difficult to let 2 players spawn in the same club with the same last name, with 1 or 2 years age difference (or even twins) . They can have completely different CA/PA or not even born in the same location. It could also be possible to spawn 1 brother a couple of years later and still have the family relation. 

For long term saves, it could be fun to also have "the son of..." players spawning. 

It could create some interesting situations: Imagine the mood of a player if the club where he is at decides to sign his brother. Or if the newgen national coach calls up his son, even though he's not good enough to play for the national side... Etc

On 09/05/2018 at 04:47, fmonit said:

The storytelling of FM could be improved by providing more family relationships between newgens.

For instance, Romelu Lukaku has a brother that plays left back at Lazio Roma. They both started at the same club in Belgium and each went their own way. They now (sometimes) play together in the national team. 

Why are there no family relationships between newgens? Or maybe there are some but I haven't encountered any. It can't be that difficult to let 2 players spawn in the same club with the same last name, with 1 or 2 years age difference (or even twins) . They can have completely different CA/PA or not even born in the same location. It could also be possible to spawn 1 brother a couple of years later and still have the family relation. 

For long term saves, it could be fun to also have "the son of..." players spawning. 

It could create some interesting situations: Imagine the mood of a player if the club where he is at decides to sign his brother. Or if the newgen national coach calls up his son, even though he's not good enough to play for the national side... Etc

There are some, but it's quite a rarity. I would prefer more to be honest.

I've signed a regen and his brother spawned in my youth intake 2 or 3 seasons later.

• 6 months later...

Archived