Editing a club's finances

Hi,

When you view a club's overall bank balance and transfer balance, are these amounts taking into account real-life transfer fees spent when the game was out?

For example:

Man Utd spent around £145mill in the summer of 2017.  Their club balance according to the editor is about 340million with about 42 mill for transfers.  If United hadn't have spent a penny, would the balance be what I've mentioned plus £145mill fees spent?

On 06/05/2018 at 10:48, Griff86 said:

Hi,

When you view a club's overall bank balance and transfer balance, are these amounts taking into account real-life transfer fees spent when the game was out?

For example:

Man Utd spent around £145mill in the summer of 2017.  Their club balance according to the editor is about 340million with about 42 mill for transfers.  If United hadn't have spent a penny, would the balance be what I've mentioned plus £145mill fees spent?

I could be wrong, but I don’t think previous expenditure is taken in to account at the start of a new save. I think the balances and transfer fees are just given to reflect real life, rather than mirror real life. I say though, just a guess from when I have edited pre game files.

Given that no-one knows for sure what any club's balance really is..

The researchers make educated guesses based on the little info available to them.

Obviously any real life money spent will be taken into account, but the figures aren't directly changed in the way you seem to be suggesting..

I.e, suffice to say that if a club spends heavily, the researchers will take this into account and probably adjust their data accordingly.

I think many clubs (especially top ones) do publish some sort of annual reports for their requirement in the stock market or for the shareholders etc. A friend I know of, for instance, crunched the numbers from the West Ham 2017 report and found out that the club has in theory enough to sign player(s) up to £300k per week during the winter window, as well as the board taking out millions from the club in different forms.

e.g. Man Utd here http://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files/M/Manutd-IR/Annual Reports/2017-20f.pdf

Although I think in the game the numbers are just an estimation from the previous year(s) but could be based on these reports. And in-season spending seems unlikely to be adjusted for the winter update.

Archived