Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
torehj

Under valued

Recommended Posts

Some players just won't rise in value. I my Hertha save, we have won the league, CL and cup the last two seasons. Still some of my best players (4stars) have a value that just don't reflect the quality. M GK (Rajkovic £6m) and my CDs (Stark £7m, Toruningha £3m). They are all 22-26 years and all of the biggest clubs try to sign them, but will not bid much more that the value of the players... What is this all about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The in-game player value is a guideline only based on a number of parameters and is no indication of the price you will be willing to sell for.  The bigger clubs are trying to get your players cheaply as the start of the negotiation process, so turn down any bids that are unacceptable and set the selling price of the players to a level that you are comfortable with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FrazT said:

The in-game player value is a guideline only based on a number of parameters and is no indication of the price you will be willing to sell for.  The bigger clubs are trying to get your players cheaply as the start of the negotiation process, so turn down any bids that are unacceptable and set the selling price of the players to a level that you are comfortable with

Yes, I understand that. But would they be valued so low by the game when they are some of the best players in the best team in Europe?

Other players in the squad don't have the same problem; Weiser £35m, Meier £55m, Adzic £47m.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be several factors. Contract length is one of them. If these players have shorter contracts than the other, that could be part of the issue. Another is reputation. Take a look at how many "stars" they have compared to the high value ones. It's under Overview-> Information. There are of course a lot more factors than those, but those are the easy ones to spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is the players in-game value such an important factor for some managers? I feel like I might be missing something here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Baodan said:

Why is the players in-game value such an important factor for some managers? I feel like I might be missing something here.

Who knows, really. I only sell players if the offer good enough for me, no matter his value. But some managers seems to value it... I'll see myself out... :ackter:

Edited by XaW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, torehj said:

Yes, I understand that. But would they be valued so low by the game when they are some of the best players in the best team in Europe?

Other players in the squad don't have the same problem; Weiser £35m, Meier £55m, Adzic £47m.

 

Yeah in part it'll be reputation and in part it'll be comparing against players who play in a similar position who are of a similar standard for other clubs. And if they only fairly recently signed for a set fee, the value won't shoot up.

But as has already been covered here, it's more a guideline for the current market rather than an amount you should be looking to sell the player for. Realistically a player is 'valued' at whatever YOU as manager think they're worth to you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah in part it'll be reputation and in part it'll be comparing against players who play in a similar position who are of a similar standard for other clubs. And if they only fairly recently signed for a set fee, the value won't shoot up.

But as has already been covered here, it's more a guideline for the current market rather than an amount you should be looking to sell the player for. Realistically a player is 'valued' at whatever YOU as manager think they're worth to you. 

I still think something is wrong here. Could it be because german players don't get to play in the nation team?

Take a look at Jorunarigha:

5ae8a34da2050_2018-05-01(2).thumb.png.7d3e64a695758f72132e3f33afebb78d.png

One of my best players. He has played 198 matches for me in 5 Seasons. He has got 3 years left of his contract. He is rated 4 stars by my staff. Valued at £2,7m.

5ae8a4621d722_2018-05-01(5).thumb.png.883849b71fc91503da4a4361919ccae3.png

His reputation is 5,5 stars.

Compared to a similar player, which my scout also rates at 4 stars:

5ae8a4ee4fa3a_2018-05-01(3).thumb.png.008c988f9f74bcaf16989895b4e75661.png

The value difference is huge. I can understand that a played with a big contract is valued more, but not that much more. And Paris is a bigger club than Hertha, but we have just won the CL twice in to seasons.

 

The problem with the low value is that every big club in the world wants to sign them, but refuse to bid more that £4-5m. I would value him at about £50m. This results in 40-50 bids every transfer window from Man Utd, Man City, Real M, Barcelona, Bayers and so on... And naturally Jorunarigha wants to leave. But I can not sell for that price because it is just unrealistic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torehj said:

5ae8a4621d722_2018-05-01(5).thumb.png.883849b71fc91503da4a4361919ccae3.png

His reputation is 5,5 stars.

Those are silver stars, that's less that the golden ones:

BIIgz5N.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...