Sports Interactive Community
Arsy

Unable to continue career, cannot find job.

I know this has probably been discussed to death before but I find myself unable to continue the game due this issue. So, I'll keep it as short as possible.

Started game in division 3 with Karlsruhe, Hungarian nationality. Achieved consecutive promotions all the way to the Bundesliga. Won Bundesliga title in 3rd season, won German Cup and Supercup in 2nd. Played CL semifinal 2nd season and EL final 3rd season. Reputation increased to Continental after winning title. Resigned because I got bored of the same team and German championship. Landed a job managing Ireland, thought I'd keep myself busy until I find a new club. Reputation immediately dropped back to National. Why?! Should I be ashamed for managing a mediocre (sorry, they kinda are in my game...) national team? Applied to any job I could find in any of the top divisions in Italy, Spain and England. No luck. Tried Germany as well, including my former team!, just to see what would happen. No luck. In the meantime I qualified for the European Championship with Ireland against all expectations. Started applying to 2nd division teams, no luck. Had one offer in one a half seasons, from a bankrupt and basically relegated to 3rd division Nottingham Forrest. Wasn't interested. I am in no mood to continue my career with a crappy, 3rd division team again. With my reasonable achievements I should have been able to find a job in any top division, regardless of my nationality or whatever other criteria there may be. Don't want to start over with a different, more "popular", nationality. Resigned from Ireland manager job after the Euro Ch., thought that might be the problem. Played another full season. No luck.

I would edit my reputation back to Continental with the in-game editor but that doesn't seem possible. Why? Maybe it would help, I dunno... I can edit any manager in the game but me...

What to do?

Edited by Arsy
grammar

Update: after spending a full season applying unsuccessfully to various clubs in all top 2 divisions I figured I'd try my luck at managing another national team. Landed a job managing Columbia... So absolutely no issues with national teams it seems... regardless of my Hungarian nationality... So how do I go about finding a club?!

This is an issue with the game. The reputation system is frustrating. I've experienced this many times. I also tried to go back to a former club who I had won the league with many times and they wouldn't have me back. 

Hi Arsy,

have you updated to the latest version of the game (9.2.1)? I have so far been unable to reproduce this on my end.

Also if you have a save game from before you accepted the Ireland job can you upload it here, including a link to this thread.

Hi!

Yes, I have the latest patch. And no, I'm afraid I don't have a save game so far back. Oldest save is about three months after I resigned from the Ireland job, it's from October, when I was hoping to get a club job again. If you want I will upload it.

Right now I have played almost a year and a half with Columbia, through one World Cup and right now Copa America, currently semifinal match still to play. I am planning on resigning after the tournament, hopefully this semifinal or maybe even final will help my reputation... In the meantime I have applied to various teams, from mid-top level clubs like Valencia, Villareal or Lazio to relegation-threatened Bari in Serie A or Brescia in Serie B. No luck.

Update: after two amazing games I managed to win the Copa America, beating Brazil and Argentina. My reputation is still "National". I did gain a few points, nothing spectacular though, I kinda expected more. Will resign and try my luck with clubs again...

edit: don't understand why my reputation dropped from Continental to National after I accepted the Ireland job. Does it have something to do with me resigning from Karlsruhe or accepting the Ireland job? Also, is there a way to edit my own profile? I bought the in-game editor but I found no way to do this, despite being able to edit all other managers...

Edited by Arsy

You can upload it and I will take a look. Ideally we would need the save from before the bug occurred.

Currently ingame the only time your rep should drop is if you get fired or under perform as a manager, which I don't think is the case by your description.

I will continue to try and reproduce this on my end to see if I can get it to occur.

Uploaded the oldest save in a zip, original was too big. Will continue updating this thread with my career.

Edited by Arsy

Update: another full season unemployed. Applied to anything ranging from Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester United to a variety of lowly 2nd division teams. I also applied to several national teams like Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, Holland, Sweden, Poland, Austria, even Ireland again. All useless, this time I couldn't get a job even at a national team... Some of the teams I applied to chose absolutely mediocre managers, even some with "Regional" reputation.

Just to be clear, I have no issues getting offers from 3rd division teams... If I apply, that is... Clearly, my achievements and reputation are not considered good enough for anything higher than that. If this is how it's supposed to work then it's absolutely ridiculous... I should be able to land almost any job, including top European teams. If it is a bug, well, then I don't know what to do to fix it. Except maybe hex editing my save game but that's not how I imagined I would play this...

Hi!

Any updates on this? Anything I can do to fix the bug? Or maybe edit my reputation and nationality to circumvent the bug somehow? Or is that not possible?

Hi, we are still looking into what has caused this issue so we are unable to provide you with a fix at this time.

Unfortunately the only way to get your reputation back is to earn it back by winning competitions.

42 minutes ago, James Akintayo said:

Hi, we are still looking into what has caused this issue so we are unable to provide you with a fix at this time.

Unfortunately the only way to get your reputation back is to earn it back by winning competitions.

Will there be another scheduled fix to come for FMM2018? A variety of issues are still being investigated and so it would be incredibly disappointing if FMM2018 was no longer being supported with bug fixes.

In case it helps: immediately after winning the title with Karslruhe and playing the EL final I had Continental reputation and 598 points, manager rank 31st. That was before resigning. Currently, after all I described above with Ireland and Columbia my reputation is National and I have 677 points.

I can provide screenshots.