Dynamic club and dynamic league

It has been a while since I played FM and thinking about buying next fm, but I was wondering.

How dynamic is your club reputation and your league reputation/difficulty? I remember this got introduced some years ago, which I am quite happy about, since it sucked how you could never get super attractive for the best players, because no matter how much you won as club, your national division would remain at certain amount of stars and therefore never become strongest competition and thus your league would not be attractive for the best players and other clubs in your division would not grow even though they in the same competition as the one who won the CL multiple times. 

So how big is the effect now and how dynamic are these features?

I'm playing a save in Scotland at the minute with Aberdeen

A few good seasons in the EL have steadily boosted the leagues coef to the point we get one guaranteed CL spot and potentially another through qualifying rounds, potentially for 6 (out of 12 teams, lolzy) could make CL/EL

This does have an effect on club rep too I have been steadily moving up the club ranks, I can't say I've noticed if this has made me more attractive to players though due to the fact most wont speak to me at the minute due to the board plunging us into financial meltdown by unnecessarily building a new stadium

I'll try to remember to look up the league rep and check it's progression next time I load it up

*edit* I think I'm only in season 4 or 5 for reference

it does, right now in championship i obviously get more attention from more quality players, championship raised from 20ish to around 15 after i reached championship, i do see world class player once in a while (angry to leave because relegation but somehow some players stay in the team at least one year) i, as a championship side can get Serie A rotation/reserves to join me if i offer good contracts and/or Promises so indeed you can grow as a team and as a league, for the record, i have seem gibraltar and san marino top leagues increase a lot of positions in the ranking, maybe because of the teams in the qualifying round of CL and EL making the leagues get over those unplayable tier in all nation (why does israel has so many with the same reputation :lol:)

13 hours ago, Gribster said:

attractive to players though due to the fact most wont speak to me at the minute due to the board plunging us into financial meltdown by unnecessarily building a new stadium

I'm sure this sucks but I had to laugh when I saw it! Hahaha.

For the Op, it definitely does. I was able to successfully offer (as opposed to never at all) my star Center back with Reims in France that I picked up for cheap from Portugal. He became one of the best defenders in the league and didn't want to enter contract negotiations due to ambitions not matching the club's. But after winning Ligue 1 and having some excellent runs in Champions League, my club reputation went up and he was willing to talk contracts again.

I had a lot of fun in FM2017 building up the reputations of India as well as Norway with some fine performances from my clubs in European competition.

It seems like it's a pleasant mix of European coefficient improving your cups/league reputation, and doing better in a league that has seen its reputation go up cementing improved club reputation. And if you can pull of some European victories you can really push things into the continental/worldwide reputation.

I'm actually not 100% sure if league reputation is just some function of the reputation of the teams that make it up, but I have lots of fun taking smaller clubs up through European rankings.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 01:55, alanschu14 said:

I'm sure this sucks but I had to laugh when I saw it! Hahaha.

It's a disgrace moving to a 29,000 seater from  25,000ish. Missed Europe last season which didn't help but need to make sure I get to the CL groups for next year or I'm going to end up losing players due to growing wage demands. I already had to give staff ridiculous year wages rises to stop them all leaving as I couldn't afford their basic pay ;/

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2018 at 12:41, Gribster said:

It's a disgrace moving to a 29,000 seater from  25,000ish. Missed Europe last season which didn't help but need to make sure I get to the CL groups for next year or I'm going to end up losing players due to growing wage demands. I already had to give staff ridiculous year wages rises to stop them all leaving as I couldn't afford their basic pay ;/

How much did the stadium cost? I'm also managing Aberdeen, in season 2021/22, and new stadium ready in 2023, and am now a bit concerned I'll hit the same issues as you.....

Many thanks!

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 13:09, gothenburg83 said:

How much did the stadium cost? I'm also managing Aberdeen, in season 2021/22, and new stadium ready in 2023, and am now a bit concerned I'll hit the same issues as you.....

Many thanks!

too much, haha no sorry I don't recall off the top of my head. I want to say it was 40million give or take but can't be sure. I did get naming rights for 16mil over 10 years.

At the end of the day I will still be heavily in debt based on financial projection screen 3 years after completion (still projected to be - double figures) Will be relying on CL money as EL money is only helping to slow the hemorrhaging

*edit* get your players & staff tied down to long term term deals while (if) you still can

Archived