Help regarding FFP

One of the many things that is difficult to fathom, or at least keep track of. I've had innumerable occasions when it's telling me I'm over on PL wage rules, then next time I look, I'm back on track, without anything having changed. I now ignore it for PL, as all you get is a fine for wages. If they're going to introduce something like this, then they need to put a more manageable way of keeping track of it - with wage increases especially, it's impossible to know if you're within the limit for increases. Or maybe it's just one the many things that's there to look like you have buttons to press.

Under Premier League rules, you're only allowed to increase your wage bill by a certain amount each season - normally £7m, or about £134k per week - unless you've successfully increased certain revenue streams e.g. ticket sales to cover it, or had a very low wage bill to start with. You've increased it by more than this, so you're on course to be fined. The fine is 10% of the amount you overspent by - so at the moment, on course to be £2.9m. The board are letting you spend that much because they'd rather pay that fine than hamper the club's chances.

23 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Under Premier League rules, you're only allowed to increase your wage bill by a certain amount each season - normally £7m, or about £134k per week - unless you've successfully increased certain revenue streams e.g. ticket sales to cover it, or had a very low wage bill to start with. You've increased it by more than this, so you're on course to be fined. The fine is 10% of the amount you overspent by - so at the moment, on course to be £2.9m. The board are letting you spend that much because they'd rather pay that fine than hamper the club's chances.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks a lot so I'm okay to continue spending :D

31 minutes ago, scass said:

One of the many things that is difficult to fathom, or at least keep track of. I've had innumerable occasions when it's telling me I'm over on PL wage rules, then next time I look, I'm back on track, without anything having changed. I now ignore it for PL, as all you get is a fine for wages. If they're going to introduce something like this, then they need to put a more manageable way of keeping track of it - with wage increases especially, it's impossible to know if you're within the limit for increases. Or maybe it's just one the many things that's there to look like you have buttons to press.

Yeah I mean I sold many players, bought a few and then noticed that.

8 minutes ago, Gladoo said:

Yeah I mean I sold many players, bought a few and then noticed that.

I suppose if who you brought in are costing more than the ones you sold in wages, then it's right. But it would be better if they gave you a way of keeping track of it.

1 hour ago, scass said:

I suppose if who you brought in are costing more than the ones you sold in wages, then it's right. But it would be better if they gave you a way of keeping track of it.

Well I was offloading deadwood, but signed a few on 100k a week. Although i thought the players who left was on high ish wages to cover it. That's why im so confused

8 hours ago, Gladoo said:

Well I was offloading deadwood, but signed a few on 100k a week. Although i thought the players who left was on high ish wages to cover it. That's why im so confused

I've just ended a transfer window. Two days before it ended, I was within PL FFP. I sold a player on 10k, sent some youth out on loans for which I was paid 100% wages. End if the window - it's in the red again. I'd say I was disappointed, but really, I'm not - it's the kind of sloppy, shabby approach which makes most of the information in this game meaningless.

Archived