My A-League Expanshion Hell

LazyFig

Hello.

I need help.

I have created a 16 team A-League, removed the salary cap and got everything working... except, I can't get the competition history to work properly.

Instead of adding a history line for the Regular Season (normal league format) and a history line for the Final Series (k/o), the game is adding 2 history lines to the Regular Season. I can't work it out. Anyone have any ideas on what I may have messed up?

The league is structured as follows (as per the one that comes with FM18):

Parent Comp: Hyundai A-League

Stage 1: League - A-League (Regular Season)

Stage 2: Cup - A-League Finals Series

The winner, 2nd and 3rd in the league should have history added to the Regular Season history. The winner and 2nd in the cup should be added to the A-League Finals Series history.

Attached is the editor file of my competition.

AAA A-League.fmf

MrZaratan Test.fmf                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Should be Hyundai A-League not Hyundai Regular Season

So easy to miss and the littlest errors are hard to find

5adca2bea8ee9_2018-04-22(1).thumb.png.7f8983667d9ce4381670459223a165a8.png2018-04-22.thumb.png.587a00c74903ca2c75365afd44b9468d.png5adca44436abb_2018-04-22(2)_LI.thumb.jpg.940cdcd95acfb4e3eceea0ee144c792b.jpg

Australia 2.1.fmf

You can check mine out as well if you like . Just as a reference . Any ideas you have would be appreciated . 

You have a interesting choice of teams for the A-League . I always go for Perth SC as a second Perth Choice . If you look at mine I have also included the New Zealand teams as well . 

Let me know how you go

Awesome. Thanks for helping mate!

The competition histories are now showing correctly on the A-League (RS) and A-League Finals screens. However, they are still doubling up on the Hyundai A-League ("parent competition") screen.

Another issue that I have noticed is that continental qualification is no longer being shown in the competition rules for the A-League. This one totally confuses me as I didn't make any changes at all to the continental rules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2018 at 23:32, prot651 said:

Its ok for mine . I get History for Regular season and Playoffs 

I had a look at yours, I like it. But it comes up as teams are only able to buy players of Australian nationality. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:29, LazyFig said:

Awesome. Thanks for helping mate!

The competition histories are now showing correctly on the A-League (RS) and A-League Finals screens. However, they are still doubling up on the Hyundai A-League ("parent competition") screen.

Another issue that I have noticed is that continental qualification is no longer being shown in the competition rules for the A-League. This one totally confuses me as I didn't make any changes at all to the continental rules.

When you say doubling up, what exactly do you mean?

I had a look at yours (the one prot651 edited) and then a basic database and they looked the same.

The only thing that I saw that could be considered as doubling up is under history in the Hyundai A-League. When you go to records it says Most Times Winner- 6 Melbourne Victory.

I'm assuming they are counting the Minor Premierships and Grand Final victories. 

Archived