Sports Interactive Community
Wiped89

Cannot load game properly

Posted (edited)
Hello, bought this last night and signed up to post this. 

BIG problems this morning with my save file. Was about 6 games into the season and then when I tried to load it back up today, the game looked like it had loaded but then it had removed my control of the game and was just skipping the time ahead without me. I had to quit back out to title screen, then hit 'take control' on my manager and put my password back in, and I missed a ton of games which my assistant took over. And he lost most of them. What a weird glitch.  I'm not happy at all.

I just tried to test this again by playing one game, then saving, quitting to title screen, closing the game and reopening. Same thing happened. The game carried on playing without me but wouldn't load me in. And I just missed another match that played without me, AGAIN. I get emails about everything I miss but it carries on playing without me.

The only way to force the game to let me back into my save file is through pressing 'take control' and entering my password.  That cannot be a deliberate design decision?

Info: happens in handheld or TV
Playing with Leicester. Three leagues loaded (England, down to conference, Spain, Germany, top two divisions in those two)
Happens every time I quit and try to reload the save file
I also have a 2nd save on this console (Sheff Wed) not sure if that makes any difference.
The issue doesn't happen when it auto loads a temporary save (the dialog that asks if you want to load a temp save). Only when selecting a file from the main menu on start-up, ie when I've saved and quit to menu properly before closing. 
Edited by Wiped89

Hi Wiped89,

When you say that the game was skipping ahead were you pressing continue on the Game Status screen? (The one which has the option to Take Control of your manager)?

Cheers,

Angelos

Posted (edited)

Yes, I selected the save file, it asked if I want to load it, and then the game loads... And then it saves. And it hangs on the title screen while the game progresses ahead in terms of date and time without me.

The only way to force it to jump me back into the game is to hit 'take control' and enter my password. Surely I don't need to do that on every load from start-up? 

Image attached: this is where I run into the issue. When I try to load it, it hangs here and the game plays without me when I press continue, unless I hit take control. 

20180416_130455.jpg

Edited by Wiped89

Unfortunately as you have put a password on your user you would have to take control of your manager each time you were to load up your save again. As long as you do not press continue (ZR) after loading the save you should be on the date that your save was on and you can just put in your password via the Take Control button and carry on as normal.

Cheers,

Angelos

Oh, I see. I thought a password was mandatory as it asked me for one when I first set up the manager profile and it didn't allow me to hit continue until I'd set a password.

No worries. I'm enjoying the game otherwise! Reminds me of my Football Manager PSP days!