Sports Interactive Community
tenthreeleader

"Cancel Current Changes" - dialog box hangs

After visiting the tactics screen in-game, the team options bar will remain stuck on the "Cancel Current Changes" dialog, making it impossible for me to either change tactics or make substitutions while play proceeds.

Playing FC Halifax Town in the Savior Cometh Challenge. Error happened for the first time on Boxing Day and again on December 30. In other words, right out of the box.

Hi @tenthreeleader

Thanks for letting us know about this, we have been unable to reproduce this issue yet. Are there any other steps that you can remember which may have caused this? Does it occur every game for you after going into the tactics menu?

Cheers,
Adam

I have had this error too. Playing as Liverpool in a new game in the first two friendlies. Not sure if it may be due to making a large number of subs at half time? 

Same here. Played two games in the German leagues, in both cases same issue. 

Posted (edited)

I had just contacted twitter about this and advised me to come here, nice to see other people are having the problem too. It’s rare it happens, I think in my 6 seasons I’ve played it’s happened 3 times, but the latest time was enough for me, needed to make a sub as one player was under performing game wouldn’t let me! 

Even if I press L, and go to tactics is greyed our, only fixes, if half time comes, red card on your team, injury, anything that forces it to open

• Team managed - Go Ahead Eagles
  • Leagues loaded - England, Spain, xxx
  • In-game date - 2025/2026
  • Steps to reproduce the issue if known, - Happens sometimes making a sub / editing tactics in game
  • Whether the game is installed on internal storage or an SD card - SD

89DED469-C58E-41CA-811C-331D6892CB66.jpeg

Edited by SalterHD
more info

Thanks for letting us know @SalterHD. This is a tricky one for us to nail down given that the occurrences are so few and far between. Can you think of anything else you might've done when this happened? Maybe the match was played after loading back into it using a recovery save (created if the game is closed during a match)?

@Alex Pitt I think this happened for me when I went to the tactics screen, didn't change anything (or changed it, then back again to how it was before) and hit Confirm rather than Back.

On 11/05/2018 at 17:59, Alex Pitt said:

Thanks for letting us know @SalterHD. This is a tricky one for us to nail down given that the occurrences are so few and far between. Can you think of anything else you might've done when this happened? Maybe the match was played after loading back into it using a recovery save (created if the game is closed during a match)?

As the other poster says, I think this happened when I went to tactics and didn’t change anything too. This does ring a bell, because I remember being annoyed it broke, when I hadn’t even made any changes

Hi guys, thanks for the info so far. We've reproduced this by opening the Team Instructions panel from the Quick Tactics bar, making a change, undoing the change and then confirming it with Y (obviously the Y button shouldn't allow you to confirm changes if you've undone all your changes so that's where the bug is). Was that what caused it for you? Were there any other scenarios where you were able to confirm with the Y button and it caused this issue?

On 16/05/2018 at 14:39, Alex Pitt said:

Hi guys, thanks for the info so far. We've reproduced this by opening the Team Instructions panel from the Quick Tactics bar, making a change, undoing the change and then confirming it with Y (obviously the Y button shouldn't allow you to confirm changes if you've undone all your changes so that's where the bug is). Was that what caused it for you? Were there any other scenarios where you were able to confirm with the Y button and it caused this issue?

I’ll be honest another 2 seasons in, it hasn’t happened since, but I have simulated a lot of games, from what your explaining I imagine that probably is what I had done previous yes, this has been the only issue I have witnessed, happy you have been able to re produce it so we may get a fix in future ? 

We can't give any assurances on if and when individual issues will be fixed but we've passed this issue on to our coders to look into. Thanks again for the info.