How could I build my squad around these players?

I'm just going in to my fifth season at Juventus, and I'm looking to reshape my team with a new system going forward. I played a deep 4231 for a long time, before moving to a 4123 wide for a while. However, I set up for two inside forwards in that system and it didn't really work, and I think I'm in a good place to create a new system to use.

However, I'm not really sure how I could build around some of these players. The first one, Gjoni, is a product academy and is the only one I will never sell. He is the key to this, and who I specifically want to build around. I have another few stars and prospects that I would like to build around, who I have also added screenshots for.

af86611b6aa36880bc97216a0e653bef.png

35b600877da68b78116b8f9ac42c7722.png

902cf026aa9dd975167ba778fe027f0d.png18fb10474a916aa1ff88b8ee3bbac643.png

a9526444dffad34496830d115bbebce2.pngad5df36eb2bcc26f5ed9c70ef27603b4.png

Of these, the only one I'd consider selling is Arthur

Some random thoughts:

• Gjoni and Casaca are very similar so for me awkward to get into the same team.  Both lack Anticipation which I really value for attack duty ST.  Neither is a creator/deep forward type of player
  • Rodrygo is another player who is more of a goal scoring forward than creator
  • Abel looks a good all round player though not a creator/scorer
  • Berge looks like he could be a great VOL with those physical attributes or the teams main creator since he has the best vision, anticipation, concentration, composure and decisions of the players shown.  1 or 2 more points in passing would be preferable.
  • Arthur is the only other creator shown.

All are right footed which is interesting.

I'm thinking a 4231.  Berge (VOL-S) + Abel (DM-S).  Arthur could backup Berge or be a AM-S linking and creating for the attackers.  Whilst Casaca can't play AML currently i'd put him as IF-A with Rodrygo backing him up.  Gjoni up front as CF-A which Casaca could play if he gets injured.  Obviously need to fill in the back 4, DL i'd probably start with a WB-S to overlap whilst the DR i'd probably have WB-D or FB-S/D to keep things simple and cover with a W-S in front collecting the ball deeper and not congesting the AM area.  With so many of the attacking players being better physically than creatively i'd look to attack quickly though I would beware using to high a mentality with 2 of the 4 front players on attack and positioned high in the formation.  Defensively i'd look to make use of the work rate of those forwards and probably use PI's to get them to apply some pressure without committing the whole team.

omg , what a players !!!

its clear:

dmc (dms) Abel

mcl (aps) arthur* - mcr (b2b) sander

aml (ifA) admir * - fc (cfs) davide - amr (ws) rodrygo

* magical connection here , and admir is too pacey for playin upfront

On 13/04/2018 at 21:11, summatsupeer said:

Some random thoughts:

• Gjoni and Casaca are very similar so for me awkward to get into the same team.  Both lack Anticipation which I really value for attack duty ST.  Neither is a creator/deep forward type of player

That would bother me as well usually but they both have age on their side especially Gjoni within a season or 2 their anticipation should rise to at least 15. 

Those players would fit great into the tactic that I’m using that’s based on Rashidi’s tactic in his Kop diaries. 

he starts explaining the tactic just after the 3 minute mark

Archived