Tycoon takeover in Llm?

I'm not aware of any restrictions to stockport set in the code or database, so any type of takeover would be possible... the chances of one type over another is another matter though, so it may take a lot of playing to get a save where stockport eventually get a tycoon takeover without effecting the outcome yourself using other means.

it can happen, it just as you say, very rare to happen, think about it, if i am a worcester city fan, if i had big money i could invest in Worcester City even if they are in the 7th tier, just to try to make them reach at least league football, similar could happen to any lower league team, its only about waiting for a really big time fan to get a lot of cash to spare :lol:

5 hours ago, Welshace said:

I'm not aware of any restrictions to stockport set in the code or database, so any type of takeover would be possible... the chances of one type over another is another matter though, so it may take a lot of playing to get a save where stockport eventually get a tycoon takeover without effecting the outcome yourself using other means.

1 hour ago, WorcesterLegend said:

it can happen, it just as you say, very rare to happen, think about it, if i am a worcester city fan, if i had big money i could invest in Worcester City even if they are in the 7th tier, just to try to make them reach at least league football, similar could happen to any lower league team, its only about waiting for a really big time fan to get a lot of cash to spare :lol:

Aah ok thanks 

Sure it could happen - didn't a guy do that at Billericay recently? Even gave himself the manager's job I heard. Got them up from Isthmian leagues into Vanarama and still going I think. Has signed some aging premier league players as well. Crawley Town and Shaw Lane are two others where something similar happened.

Perhaps you can convince some former players to invest like Salford?

So, keep your fingers crossed, County may yet find itself taken over by a tycoon!

44 minutes ago, Snorks said:

Sure it could happen - didn't a guy do that at Billericay recently? Even gave himself the manager's job I heard. Got them up from Isthmian leagues into Vanarama and still going I think. Has signed some aging premier league players as well. Crawley Town and Shaw Lane are two others where something similar happened.

So, keep your fingers crossed, County may yet find itself taken over by a tycoon!

I hope I do I'm still in my second season with County languishing in my tears in the relegation zone 

1 hour ago, Snorks said:

Billericay are likely to be promoted to National League South this season.

Happened to me in FM16. I loaded a database up to level 12 and i took charge of Winsford Utd. Two weeks into the job, an Australian tycoon takes over the club and invests heavily in the club. That was a fun save... 

16 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

I don't think you could! In the club charter, I believe it says City can't be owned solely by one person... Hence the reason why Cyril Duckworth was turned down all those years ago. Things could have been so much better for us...

Archived