Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
torehj

Tactical troubles

Recommended Posts

I would be greatfull if someone could give me some feedback on my tactic. All of my strikers underperform and gets few chances.  My wide players often performs good. If I change the striker to DF(S), there is way to many long shots. We often underperform against teams on the lower part of the league, and play good football againt the better teams (vs Bayern 3-2, vs Real Madrid 5-0, vs Barca 2-2). Often against bad teams we only have 2-4 shots during the whole game and 65% possession.

 

Thanks

2018-04-08.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your right side seems a big exposed, you have a CM (A) and a CWB (A) on the same side, plus you'll be using that side more thanks to having an AP (S) more so the opposition are more likely to get the ball down that area and break quickly. I would switch them up if I were you, or put a player with high Positioning stat as your CM (A) to help provide more cover!

Edited by FlairRA
capital

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One issue with the player roles that stands out to me is that your RB is heavily-attacking, which is fine, but there is little cover for him. I'd recommend swapping your 2 CM's so the supporting role is on the right side, so they can help cover the gaps that RB would create while in attack. At the moment the right side of the pitch is too attacking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst things look balanced I think there's a mismatch between the roles+duties and the instructions.

Standard + Fluid with Shorter Passing, Play Out Of Defence and Work Ball Into Box plus a AP-S + DLP-D say to me you want more of a patient style with players supporting each other and working the ball around.  But then you have a CWB-A, CM-A, IF-A and DLF-A all bombing forward.  Whilst you have spread them out from left to right i'm struggling to envision how they will break down a deep defence.  With the AP on the right side, even if he drifts inside the IF-A will be a difficult direct pass which isn't what he's told to typically try so unless the ball is rotated to the CM-S the AP-S is much more likely to use the CWB-A, CM-A or DLF-A.  If you do pull a defence out of position to the right side with the AP how can you exploit the space on the left before the defence recovers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you suggesting swapping CM(a) and CM(s),

so when the AP(s) drifts inside, CM(s) will still be behind so AP(s) will have space to run into and find the ongoing CM(a) who could then go forward or more likely pass it to IF(a) who should be further up the field than the CM(a) since he's positioned in AM slot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Basically lets begin with mentality and shape: Standard and Fluid

This encourages your team not to take too many risks and your whole team essentially moves as a unit, so in most cases when you do end up in the opponents half, so does the opposition. Makes it difficult to break sides down

Your roles duties for your front 3...there isn't a lot of movement apart from one IF(A) but I don't see anyone else making space for him or doing enough to draw defending sides out. Here the Striker should ideally be a support duty.

In your attempt to get more thrust you opted to go with a CWB which is entirely unnecessary, if your AP cannot hold the ball up for any kind of wb then the AP is not good enough.

Here you need to ask yourself how you want to create the space...do you create it for a late running CM(A) in which case the IF(A) makes for a congested midfield, here the use of the IF is counter intuitive. And the DLF(A) is just a glorified target man without the TM instruction so who is he holding up the ball for. IF that is the plan then the IF and the CM(A) need very good OTB

 

How would I fix this?

I would change the DLF to support, change the IF to a W(A), change the CWB to a WB(S) and ask the team to play on control structured with Pass into space. I would also not tell the team to play short. In fact, I would go further, I may tell the backline to play it short/no risk passes to any player who has poor passing and decisions and leave risky passes only to the AP DLF , Winger and CM(A).

The reason why you are struggling is because there is a lack of movement from your duties compounded by your choice of mentality and shape. You made things worse by telling your team to play it short, when that instruction should best be applied surgically.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the feedback!

By the way; In my team now my best to players are Weiser, who is a great attacking fullback, and Chiesa, who is a typical winger. Is it possible to get the best out of both a winger and an attacking fullback/wingback?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, torehj said:

Thanks for all the feedback!

By the way; In my team now my best to players are Weiser, who is a great attacking fullback, and Chiesa, who is a typical winger. Is it possible to get the best out of both a winger and an attacking fullback/wingback?

If your two best attacking players are a FB + W then i'm guessing your main supply to the forwards will be crossing so i'd make sure you have a big guy up front like a Lukaku/Giroud/Dzeko/Mandzukic/Crouch type forward.  You don't have to use a TM role but if you do i'd make sure he has close support from a 2nd striker or AMC.

If both the FB and winger are on the same flank then there is a risk they get in each others way if your too attacking with the FBs role+duty and the winger stays wide which is unlikely unless he has traits like Moves Into Channel.  Even if they're the best attacking players it doesn't mean you have to give them attack duties, the winger might be better collecting the ball to feet more often to then dribble at the defence rather than playing higher and trying to run in behind as often.  I'd also not put your eggs all in one basket with crosses, try and have another way to goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, summatsupeer said:

If your two best attacking players are a FB + W then i'm guessing your main supply to the forwards will be crossing so i'd make sure you have a big guy up front like a Lukaku/Giroud/Dzeko/Mandzukic/Crouch type forward.  You don't have to use a TM role but if you do i'd make sure he has close support from a 2nd striker or AMC.

If both the FB and winger are on the same flank then there is a risk they get in each others way if your too attacking with the FBs role+duty and the winger stays wide which is unlikely unless he has traits like Moves Into Channel.  Even if they're the best attacking players it doesn't mean you have to give them attack duties, the winger might be better collecting the ball to feet more often to then dribble at the defence rather than playing higher and trying to run in behind as often.  I'd also not put your eggs all in one basket with crosses, try and have another way to goal.

Ok, but my problem is that I don't get the most out of my wing back when I have a winger ahead of him. Both on support andattack. But if I don't pay Chiesa as a winger, I don't get the most out of him,but then Weiser is great.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, torehj said:

Ok, but my problem is that I don't get the most out of my wing back when I have a winger ahead of him. Both on support andattack. But if I don't pay Chiesa as a winger, I don't get the most out of him,but then Weiser is great.

What do you expect from them for you to say you got the best from them?  If you expect both to stay wide and cross then you have two players doing the job of one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your AP has ran into the space when your cm(a) try to go forward .

I would suggest try to use 4231 or 424  and change short pass to further as Rashidi mentioned . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 12:13, summatsupeer said:

What do you expect from them for you to say you got the best from them?  If you expect both to stay wide and cross then you have two players doing the job of one.

Well, I expect for them to perform.

Weiser's stats after 2,5 seasons with a winger in front om him are 81 matches, 2 assists and 6,93.

For 2 seasons I have played a wide playmaker or a IF in front of him, and Weiser's stats these seasons where 74 matches, 20 assists and 7,42.

I understand that a wing back and a winger often will do the same job, but it is not possible to get something good out of the WB when playing a winger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your classing "perform" as assists then its unlikely a WB will perform with a winger in front of him. He's more likely to feed the assister. The winger would need traits or freedom to leave the wing for the FB. As you mention other roles do more often allowing the WB space to attack consistently.

With a winger in front the WB is better off covering, playing simple balls inside or to the feet of the winger who can then take on opponents or playing it down the line for the winger to run onto.  He might be able to cross from deep but they would need to be good quality with good aerial forwards if defences are back and organized to not waste possession. 

At best your WB could up his assists a bit but that will likely hurt the assist count of the winger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...