Which of these leagues if added to the next version of FM, would make you more likely to make a purchase?

Which of these countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?  

1,329 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these UEFA countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?

• Cyprus
    • Azerbaijan
    • Kazakhstan
    • Moldova
    • Albania
    • Macedonia
    • Montenegro
    • Estonia
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Armenia
    • Georgia
    • Malta
    • Gibraltar (as default within the game without downloading it from steam)
    • Luxembourg
    • Kosovo
    • Faroe islands
    • Andorra
    • San Marino
  2. 2. Which of these non-UEFA countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?

• Ecuador
    • Bolivia
    • Paraguay
    • Venezuela
    • UAE
    • Qatar
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Uzbekistan
    • Thailand
    • Vietnam
    • Egypt
    • Tunisia
    • Morocco
    • Algeria
    • DR Congo
    • Jamacia
    • Costa Rica
    • Panama
    • Honduras
    • New Zealand
  3. 3. If these countries had lower or additional leagues on a future edition of FM, would it make you more likely to buy that edition?

• England
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • Brazil
    • Argentina
    • Peru
    • India (IPL)
    • France
    • Germany
    • Netherlands
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Switzerland
    • Austria
    • Russia
    • Poland
    • Ukraine
    • Denmark
    • Greece

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, Japanese leagues will never appear in FM by default 'cause Konami will hold on J-League license until the end of the world (or Konami, or J-League).

But maybe we can expect some kind of disabled Japanese leagues?

@SI: is it possible to have these leagues (and national team) locked by, say, a couple of deletable edt files, or it would be still subject of legal issues? Well, I understand it's kind of pointless to do a job you can't use later for advertising major new features, but still...

Personally, I'd like more African leagues. With obligatory "Shaman" staff role (who can increase morale and remove unhappiness).

Edited by Xeewaj Q.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think from a commercial point of view SI should focus on lower leagues from the big video games markets already in the game to keep and attract buyers (main core of fm players) (Si already has the searchers)                                            (France,UK,Spain,Italy,Turkey,Russia,Germany,Netherlands,Usa,  Argentina,Mexico,China,Poland,India and Brazil)

Licensing if possible the Brazilian,Chinese,Turkish,Russian  and I league (india). Giant countries with big commercial potential.(Specially Brazil and China to be honest)

Big growing football and video game markets to consider in my opinion Thailand,Vietnam,Taïwan, Macau,Saudi Arabia,

(I dont know if there is Licensing issues (big cost,budget ?) for lower leagues from the big markets in addition to the current main ones in the game) Plus amateur/semi-pro status issues ?

And drop small markets (save researchers and budget money) where there is few intrest, parties started and football passion  (Slovenia,Slovakia,Belarus,israel... ect)

Edited by ytlmdg

Africa: I would like to see Egypt, as it is the most succesful nation in African  club competitions, furthermore Tunisia, Ghana, Nigeria, Morocco, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Mali all to be added next to South African to make it a decent continent in FM.

Oceania: New Zealand, to be able to play in this continent and the OFC Cup

Asia: India (both leagues), Qatar, UAE, Japan, so we can play with the strong leagues and the leagues that have many European and South African stars in them. What is needed, how many money is necessary, to get an licence for Japan?

North-America: Canada, USA with lower leagues; Costa Rica, Trinidad, to give more body to this continent and to be able to play in all continental competitons

South-America: add all missing nations like Boliva, Surinam and Paraguay

Europe: Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Cyprus, Malta, Luxembourg, Andorra, San Marino, to be able to start in more challenging nations.

As the best nations of Asia and Africa are missing, I believe that Egypt and Japan would really ad a lot of positive things to the playing experience.

We could also use more continental club and nation tournaments.

Edited by Jorgen

Egypt, Japan, USA lower leagues, Scottish highland and lowland leagues, New Zealand, Kazakhstan and Cyprus are the obvious additions for future games IMO. 

Egypt - one of the biggest leagues in Africa. There needs to be more African leagues in general to be honest.

Japan - Like China, alot of players are moving their from Europe nowadays and it appears to be on the up. And some of the strips are amazing!

USA - the American 2nd division (ASL I believe its called) has 30 something teams in it and adds career progression opportunities in America. 

Scottish HL & LL - Now the pyramid scheme is in place its time we saw these leagues added to the game by SI officially.

New Zealand - to add to the Oceanic leagues.

Kazakhstan - to add to eastern European leagues in the game and due to Astana being in european competitions regularly.

Cyprus - similar to Kazakhstan, teams like Larnaca and Limasoll playing in European competitions regularly.

Extended playable leagues into new countries and down the tiers is the one major feature i feel needs to be explored in future games to stop the current selection becoming stale.

On 10/12/2018 at 23:21, ytlmdg said:

I think from a commercial point of view SI should focus on lower leagues from the big video games markets already in the game to keep and attract buyers (main core of fm players) (Si already has the searchers)                                            (France,UK,Spain,Italy,Turkey,Russia,Germany,Netherlands,Usa,  Argentina,Mexico,China,Poland,India and Brazil)

Licensing if possible the Brazilian,Chinese,Turkish,Russian  and I league (india). Giant countries with big commercial potential.(Specially Brazil and China to be honest)

Big growing football and video game markets to consider in my opinion Thailand,Vietnam,Taïwan, Macau,Saudi Arabia,

(I dont know if there is Licensing issues (big cost,budget ?) for lower leagues from the big markets in addition to the current main ones in the game) Plus amateur/semi-pro status issues ?

And drop small markets (save researchers and budget money) where there is few intrest, parties started and football passion  (Slovenia,Slovakia,Belarus,israel... ect)

I think you do not belong here

Le 20/12/2018 à 20:36, VSfallin a dit :

I think you do not belong here

I'm not saying that they necessarily have to drop all of the small leagues but if a country like belarus gets almost never selected they could reinvest their Time and money on something more relevant like regen faces,animations on the 3d ect... ?

Honestly, I'd be fine with any new playable country from the start, but if I had to choose one per poll:

Cyprus - BIggest UEFA-country to not be playable. My personal preference would be Luxembourg, though.

Egypt - One of the, if not the, biggest leagues in Africa. The rivalry between Al-Ahly and Zamalek is interesting as well.

Biased option: Dutch 3rd tier - Although it'd only be an option if promotion from the 3rd tier becomes obligatory and knowing the Dutch FA, it probably won't, despite the current plans to do so.

Unbiased option: 4th tier from a top league - Italy, Spain and Germany all have 3 leagues. France has 4, but the 4th is only playable if you relegate from the 3rd. The prospect of building a club from the lowest depths of a top league that's not England sounds interesting to me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/12/2018 at 14:43, Zek said:

Honestly, I'd be fine with any new playable country from the start, but if I had to choose one per poll:

Cyprus - BIggest UEFA-country to not be playable. My personal preference would be Luxembourg, though.

Egypt - One of the, if not the, biggest leagues in Africa. The rivalry between Al-Ahly and Zamalek is interesting as well.

Biased option: Dutch 3rd tier - Although it'd only be an option if promotion from the 3rd tier becomes obligatory and knowing the Dutch FA, it probably won't, despite the current plans to do so.

Unbiased option: 4th tier from a top league - Italy, Spain and Germany all have 3 leagues. France has 4, but the 4th is only playable if you relegate from the 3rd. The prospect of building a club from the lowest depths of a top league that's not England sounds interesting to me.

Estonia before Luxembourg (Biased)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2019 at 11:50, Bigpole said:

probably because we have USA playable leagues in game.

fair enough but i took it as a question for more leagues. There's a lot of interest in american leagues that's not the MLS

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2019 at 13:04, AvPCelticPredator said:

Where is "Bosnian League"?

I wish to buy but only if you add "Bosnian League"!

For 10 years u cannot to add this league but u can add more weaker league whos founded in last few years in real life!

It's really embarrassing. :herman:

So start working on the Bosnian database ... Do the field work to check the games and evaluate the players ... Work there 

From the posts I have seen here, you can't accept any comments if people don't agree with you but you only know to provide negative feedback ...

I would like you to have more attention in the Brazilian league and the South American competitions, because although the game is not sold in Brazil, we end up buying with people who send as a gift via STEAM.
I know that it is difficult to negotiate with the Brazilian clubs the issue of league rights, but make an effort with it, we are one of the biggest consumers of Football Manager.
Many leagues in Brazil and South America come with many bugs that discourage playing. Every year we have to cheer for someone to edit the game and try to leave the most real and without bugs, because you in the last few years "left" a little us Brazil.

Please, please pay more attention to our league, I guarantee that the financial return for you will be enormous, thank you!

I would like you to have more attention in the Brazilian league and the South American competitions, because although the game is not sold in Brazil, we end up buying with people who send as a gift via STEAM.
I know that it is difficult to negotiate with the Brazilian clubs the issue of league rights, but make an effort with it, we are one of the biggest consumers of Football Manager.
Many leagues in Brazil and South America come with many bugs that discourage playing. Every year we have to cheer for someone to edit the game and try to leave the most real and without bugs, because you in the last few years "left" a little us Brazil.

Please, please pay more attention to our league, I guarantee that the financial return for you will be enormous, thank you!

On 02/04/2019 at 11:46, Peterzinho said:

So start working on the Bosnian database ... Do the field work to check the games and evaluate the players ... Work there 

From the posts I have seen here, you can't accept any comments if people don't agree with you but you only know to provide negative feedback ...

What's wrong with you?
Like I see you are really sarcastic person, so stay off my comments, dont quotte my posts.

And in my comment no have any negative feedback, is my suggestion and reason why I wont buy the game to play, cuz for last 10 years they didnt try to add Bosnian league, but they can add Gibraltar or Kosovo...!

So, stay back of me, and enjoy in your life!

On 03/04/2019 at 11:43, AvPCelticPredator said:

What's wrong with you?
Like I see you are really sarcastic person, so stay off my comments, dont quotte my posts.

And in my comment no have any negative feedback, is my suggestion and reason why I wont buy the game to play, cuz for last 10 years they didnt try to add Bosnian league, but they can add Gibraltar or Kosovo...!

So, stay back of me, and enjoy in your life!

:lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally, i think Japan is the biggest miss, but i understand it's difficult with the licences. 

Let's get one thing clear here; the success of FM is mostly thanks to it's amount of countries to play in and especially the ability to play in lower, sometimes even regional or provincial leagues/divisions! FIFA, PES or any other game will never have this depth, and FM should keep on improving it. Nothing as satisfying as being the manager of your local football club, or turning a big city club in a lower division into a great to compete with it's city rival  in the top division (for example Sevilla - Betis)

England has a lot of divisions already. I would focus on adding the entire Spanish Tercera Division. FM is very popular in Spain, with Spanish youtubers and players on Twitch streaming and making videos of the game. Spain is THE football country of the last 15 years, club and country wise. Adding the entire Tercera Division will increase sales, no doubt. Those licences should not be hard to get! 

Germany and Italy also needs more lower divisions, idk about licenses here. 

Cyprus and Paraguay should be playable and have 2 divisions at least.

There's more, but the above should be priority! Remember; strength of FM = lower leagues/divisions. Enough resources in Europe to make this happen. Can't talk about other continents. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are certainly some clubs who have done decently in European competitions, and it would be interesting to have their league in FM, such as APOEL (Cyprus), or even Qarabag (Azerbaijan).

When it comes to additional lower leagues I went for Germany. I think we have plenty in England, although I'm sure some users would like to delve even deeper, but Germany would be nice, if nothing else, to be able to have the leagues where the B teams play and allow them to participate in them and not have to create friendlies for them to play in all season.

• 2 weeks later...

Japan, Japan, and Japan

Of course I know the issue and I'm sure FM/SI would love to have Japan in the game.  It's still my answer.  Japan.

A more honest answer for me (and I'm sure many, if not most, if not all of you) is - None.  No additional country added would make me MORE likely to buy FM20.  They could even take a few out and I wouldn't be less likely to buy it.  I'm fully aware that I'm an FM addict!  Admit it, you are too, aint ya?

• 1 month later...

I want to see more U.S. leagues in the game. Especially the USL Championship. I'm biased because my local club is in the USL and I want to manage them, but honestly it's very unusual. A very large amount of CONCACAF internationals play in the USL Championship and it seems odd that it's always not playable. Of course I know most people don't care about American soccer, but I certainly do. I also understand that the wacky rules here make creating MLS in the game hard enough without adding more to it.

Em 09/11/2019 em 16:52, TheLochWesMonster disse:

I want to see more U.S. leagues in the game. Especially the USL Championship. I'm biased because my local club is in the USL and I want to manage them, but honestly it's very unusual. A very large amount of CONCACAF internationals play in the USL Championship and it seems odd that it's always not playable. Of course I know most people don't care about American soccer, but I certainly do. I also understand that the wacky rules here make creating MLS in the game hard enough without adding more to it.

I would support. As Brazilian, there are some famous local players playing or played in the USL. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

More African leagues and Oceanic Leagues would definitely make the game more global. There are plenty of African players in the European leagues so why not  have the continent represented by more countries than just South Africa. Oceania doesn't even have a team so one probably New Zealand would at least solve that miss. Even if these additions could be added in the same way as the Gibraltarian and Canadian leagues as downloads would be acceptable in my view. I'm of the opinion that promoting the likes of Egypt, Nigeria, New Zealand etc it won't take long for 'Country scouts' from the community to appear.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a very interesting question. However, Brazil doesnt have official Names, logos and kits. This is a shame for such an important game that doesnt include Brazil, country that most exported players to the world, with the most number of world championships in the world, that provided the most important protagonists players in  many leagues in the whole football history. I will continue to be a fm player , however adding Brazil could save me hours and days of editing and adding mods and etc. Please , for the next FM..lets work on that SI. 

Oh and I forgot to mention. There is a Brazilian facebook group actually adding lower Brazilian leagues to the game, called the serie D, the Brazilian forth division (clubs, lower leagues, 3d and 2d kits, logos, faces), editing Brazilian stadium ..improving the AI of the game to improve libertadores championships (for them the game was too easy and libertadores wasnt so competitive).. updating so many features to make the game more immersive for Brazilian players.  I know the person that is working on all of those features.. so, the thing is.. YES, lots of people would buy the game if you added lower leagues. However, you would need some people to update those info to make the game actually interesting for fm passionate  players in Brazil. They really go into details!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 06/07/2018 at 00:15, TrueToffee said:

I looked up a league thread only to suggest the Estonian league be added to the game, and voila! Seems more people than me wants it added :D

I am still waiting on that unfortunately. What is your reason for wanting it added? Greetings from Estonia!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...