Which of these leagues if added to the next version of FM, would make you more likely to make a purchase?

Which of these countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?  

1,333 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these UEFA countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?

• Cyprus
    • Azerbaijan
    • Kazakhstan
    • Moldova
    • Albania
    • Macedonia
    • Montenegro
    • Estonia
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Armenia
    • Georgia
    • Malta
    • Gibraltar (as default within the game without downloading it from steam)
    • Luxembourg
    • Kosovo
    • Faroe islands
    • Andorra
    • San Marino
  2. 2. Which of these non-UEFA countries if they were added would make it more likely that you would buy the latest edition of FM?

• Ecuador
    • Bolivia
    • Paraguay
    • Venezuela
    • UAE
    • Qatar
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Uzbekistan
    • Thailand
    • Vietnam
    • Egypt
    • Tunisia
    • Morocco
    • Algeria
    • DR Congo
    • Jamacia
    • Costa Rica
    • Panama
    • Honduras
    • New Zealand
  3. 3. If these countries had lower or additional leagues on a future edition of FM, would it make you more likely to buy that edition?

• England
    • Scotland
    • Wales
    • Brazil
    • Argentina
    • Peru
    • India (IPL)
    • France
    • Germany
    • Netherlands
    • Italy
    • Spain
    • Portugal
    • Switzerland
    • Austria
    • Russia
    • Poland
    • Ukraine
    • Denmark
    • Greece

There's been quite a few requests recently (by myself) for more leagues to be made playable on future editions of football manager by default

in a thread requesting the Estonian league be added @michaeltmurrayuk stated the following are reasons why leagues might be added

For a league to get added to the game it generally needs;

- A certain level of research, for that league and the feeder leagues. You can improve this by helping out in the Database Forum for Estonia.

- Commercial reason, basically if adding the league to the game will increase sales or the game is popular in the country then it increases the chances of being added, licensing also factors in here - You can affect this by encouraging your friends to buy the game, especially if they have been sourcing it by other means previously. Also contacts with the Estonian FA/League would help so you pester them to get the leagues included and agree to licensing.

- Stability a stable and simple league (rules wise) is easier and quicker for them to program in, rather than a league that needs rewriting each season.

- Support from within SI, they generally do a feature meeting each year to consider what gets added. So get a job at SI and then you can pester Miles to add the leagues

I think the 2nd reason (commerical sales) is something we as the fanbase on the forum can help the team at SI with by having a poll on which leagues would make us more likely to purchase the game (I'm always surprised by how many people are a couple or several editions of FM behind the most recent one) if they were added. When voting in the three polls I have created, you can select as many answers as you like, but think carefully about whether that particular league would have an actual effect on you buying the game. Some will, but not all of them. If there are leagues I have not mentioned (I went by the strongest leagues not featured for the two countries questions) then feel free to mention them in the comments.

Edited by decapitated

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, surely most people on this forum are fairly highly likely to buy the next FM anyway? If not this one, then probably one of the next two.

Secondly, the point in the quote is more about selling more in the country in question rather than people everywhere claiming that certain leagues would make them more likely to buy.

The editor is a great tool, but for a league to be among the 52, means it will be covered in greater depth in all levels and will remain playable after game updates. Not a major thing I admit, but if it turns out very few people vote in this poll, it at least shows there isn't much interest in extra leagues as standard so I and others know not to go on about that all the time. I've seen some people say they only use earlier versions of the game, or they only buy it, every 2 editions. I agree that consumers in the countries concerned are a key interest, but it can't hurt to see what leagues people would like added as standard, can it?

17 hours ago, DizzyNewHeights said:

I was unaware that there was an official Gibraltar release by SI. Why don't they just include it with the game ? Are there any others like it ?

If you go on steam to download user created content, its there as an official add-on with 'SI' as its creator. I think its the only official add-on as well. I don't see why it isn't included in the options for leagues. 

On 7.4.2018 at 22:34, decapitated said:

There's been quite a few requests recently (by myself) for more leagues to be made playable on future editions of football manager by default

in a thread requesting the Estonian league be added @michaeltmurrayuk stated the following are reasons why leagues might be added

I think the 2nd reason (commerical sales) is something we as the fanbase on the forum can help the team at SI with by having a poll on which leagues would make us more likely to purchase the game (I'm always surprised by how many people are a couple or several editions of FM behind the most recent one) if they were added. When voting in the three polls I have created, you can select as many answers as you like, but think carefully about whether that particular league would have an actual effect on you buying the game. Some will, but not all of them. If there are leagues I have not mentioned (I went by the strongest leagues not featured for the two countries questions) then feel free to mention them in the comments.

I am behind for 2 reasons, 1 I'm not sure whether it is worth the money right now as i will wait for Summer sale, 2. There is no Estonian League and this is total crap. The finnish seccond division is included and i can't for the life of me figure out why. I could help them with so much but well they ain't gonna turn to a 14 year old kid for understandable reasons. This League addition is very Long overdue as Cyprus and Latvia. The likes of Poom and Klavan should be enough to make this happen

12 hours ago, BMNJohn said:

It may be extremely wishful thinking, but a decent support of Japan would please me more than the other countries, all of which can be added by users.

I would love Japan to be playable, but I think theres insurmountable legal reasons concerning Japanese football and Football Manager that explains why the league is greyed out. 

I miss Japan as option there. And me as south american I voted in all SA countries, even because it would make the Brasileirão stronger, because of those countries that are lacking as league support the brazilian market. About the brazilian market, for selling, I voted too on UAE, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. And for lower divisions, just is lacking the Brazilian Serie D to have all the national divisions. 

• Administrators

Happy to pin this so people continue to vote. Currently there are no plans to add any further leagues and in part that is down to the difficulties getting accurate research from some leagues and the the potential lack of interest in playing that league. I know there are some leagues in game for FM18 which barely get played (there's a European league in game where less than 350 careers were even started, let alone any fixtures played). That's less than 0.05% of users! 

Realistically it would need to be worth the large amount of work needed. This in part is decided by sales in that particular country as well. So whilst there are no plans, it's still interesting to get a gauge even on this relatively small number of votes. I must add that even if one here is highly voted for, there is absolutely no guarantee it would be added. 

Thanks. 

• Administrators

And fwiw I've voted for a few leagues I'd most like to see in game - but just because I may want one other another, sadly I don't have the sway here to make it happen :D :( 

8 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

Happy to pin this so people continue to vote. Currently there are no plans to add any further leagues and in part that is down to the difficulties getting accurate research from some leagues and the the potential lack of interest in playing that league. I know there are some leagues in game for FM18 which barely get played (there's a European league in game where less than 350 careers were even started, let alone any fixtures played). That's less than 0.05% of users! 

Realistically it would need to be worth the large amount of work needed. This in part is decided by sales in that particular country as well. So whilst there are no plans, it's still interesting to get a gauge even on this relatively small number of votes. I must add that even if one here is highly voted for, there is absolutely no guarantee it would be added. 

Thanks. 

Which one is this out of curiosity?  I'm guessing one of the Eastern European ones like Slovenia but could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, cameosis said:

not on the list to pick -- don't know why:

uefa:
croatia - lower leagues

caf:
ghana
kenya
nigeria
senegal
uganda

You can only have 20 options per poll unfortunately.

1 hour ago, decapitated said:

You can only have 20 options per poll unfortunately.

i understand. but to include panama and honduras over the countries/leagues i mentioned ... africa is underrepresented.

Edited by cameosis

On 30/05/2018 at 17:24, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

I cant believe that the finnish 2nd division is needed if the Estonian Premium Liiga is not even there. I know it ain't that easy but it does not make sense. Estonian Football Association would be glad to help out as they have been looking for ways to improve the popularity and with the UEFA Super Cup coming up I cant see why not to add the league

I'll buy the game regardless. If anything, I'd like to see the USL added below MLS. Even if it were, I'd likely replace it with a custom pro/rel North American pyramid.

I voted for some "filler nations" here and there, but really the FM community does a pretty good job of building decent set-ups for neglected countries (as well as custom databases like US pyramids with promotion/relegation - my only resentment to US sports is the complete lack of consequences for continued failure.)

On 21/06/2018 at 21:48, podunkboy said:

I voted for some "filler nations" here and there, but really the FM community does a pretty good job of building decent set-ups for neglected countries (as well as custom databases like US pyramids with promotion/relegation - my only resentment to US sports is the complete lack of consequences for continued failure.)

I mean yes the ones done by the community are nice but SI just beats it

I would love to see Spanish Tercera División (4th Tier) in a future Football Manager, but I've already lost the faith to ever see it. Too many teams, too many players, too many chaos. I may be managing in that division in 20 years in the future, but not in a close future, I'm sure. I'll be happy with the Andorran and Gibraltar leagues instead :)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Exdimos said:

Why dont add faces to players, kits and. Logos in teams? 

because that requires licenses and therefore more money. There's plenty of facepacks, kitspacks and logopacks to choose from so it's not a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're also limiting ourselves in how this issue is viewed - why are our two options 1) league doesn't exist at all 2) league exists as a fully playable option? Why can't we get some leagues added as unplayable simulations that run alongside our playable leagues?

For example, I love playing in the Italian lower leagues, but Serie C is as far as it goes. I understand if it is not currently realistic for us to have a full-fledged, playable Serie D, but it's frustrating how it is completely non-existent, and random clubs just appear promoted to Serie C with no explanation and/or get relegated to Serie D and completely vanish. What if we had the option to include it as a viewable-only league, where it showed the tables with randomly-generated orders of clubs, even if all the squads were greyed-out? The clubs are all already there in the game.

This would make things feel more fleshed-out and realistic, even without all the trouble of making it an actually-playable league. This would also provide a far firmer base for the editor/mod people to build off of when they try to actually create playable Serie D additions (which I've always been afraid to try for fear they may glitch and mess up my save).

I don't think that SI should only look at how many careers are actually played in a league.

I only play in one league, the Swedish. But I would like to see many more leagues playable so that I can have them as view-only on my career saves. It adds basic statistics and a more active market.

With the computer power of today maybe all leagues should be view-only by default? I remember another manager game had the whole world as sort of view-only almost 15 years ago. Probably not comparable, but it's something that I've always missed in Football Manager. That the world outside of the playable world are almost non-existant.

On 22/07/2018 at 23:55, Weston said:

I think we're also limiting ourselves in how this issue is viewed - why are our two options 1) league doesn't exist at all 2) league exists as a fully playable option? Why can't we get some leagues added as unplayable simulations that run alongside our playable leagues?

For example, I love playing in the Italian lower leagues, but Serie C is as far as it goes. I understand if it is not currently realistic for us to have a full-fledged, playable Serie D, but it's frustrating how it is completely non-existent, and random clubs just appear promoted to Serie C with no explanation and/or get relegated to Serie D and completely vanish. What if we had the option to include it as a viewable-only league, where it showed the tables with randomly-generated orders of clubs, even if all the squads were greyed-out? The clubs are all already there in the game.

This would make things feel more fleshed-out and realistic, even without all the trouble of making it an actually-playable league. This would also provide a far firmer base for the editor/mod people to build off of when they try to actually create playable Serie D additions (which I've always been afraid to try for fear they may glitch and mess up my save).

It would be amazing.

My dream would be the Brasileirão Serie D and 2nd 3rd or more State Divisions + Copa São Paulo but I think a good work SI did in this version including U20 State Champions, because before the kids played the national league and the brazilian cup and now they have a calendary more full 

On 30/05/2018 at 16:34, Crispypaul said:

Which one is this out of curiosity?  I'm guessing one of the Eastern European ones like Slovenia but could be wrong.

That would suck if it was Slovenia, I won multiple CLs with NK Triglav. :lol: I don't think it's Slovenia since the game seems popular with Maribor fans... Since I consistently use Claassen's data packs, I hardly remember which countries are vanilla and which come from user dbs...

Anyway, sometimes it's not even for the sake of starting a save there, but to make saves in neighbouring countries more interesting by having more "regional" players available. For example I load all Balkans/ex-Yugoslavian top divisions when I play in Slovenia. It adds depth and in a sense, credibility and substance to the transfer market in those areas for smaller clubs. SI does try to recommend that since FM17, but I wouldn't load Luxembourg even if it's a neighbouring country to France. Oh wait, Luxembourg might be in the vanilla db and sufficiently uninteresting not to be loaded in full details most of the time. I mean, you see saves in San Marino or Gibraltar very often because they are small, but Luxembourg really is even less noticeable.

Edited by BMNJohn

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely New Zealand (at least we can have a league from Oceania), Brazilian Série D (would make any team from any state championship playable from the start), American USL (would add depth to MLS and make B teams play in a real league), Egypt and Qatar (no market for the game in middle-east?).

Oh and the Canadian Premier league when it kicks off!

Edited by kandersson

• 3 weeks later...

it would be nice to start, (as in the English league) in the lower Italian leagues,

like the D series of the " Lega Nazionale Dilettanti"  or in excellence, promotion or Third Category

there are many italian user interested in carrying out projects related to the lower Italian categories and make a db, and achieving it would cost very little.

On 28/08/2018 at 09:35, kandersson said:

Definitely New Zealand (at least we can have a league from Oceania), Brazilian Série D (would make any team from any state championship playable from the start), American USL (would add depth to MLS and make B teams play in a real league), Egypt and Qatar (no market for the game in middle-east?).

Oh and the Canadian Premier league when it kicks off!

For Brazilians D would interesting add the lower state championship divisions and state cups to fill their calendar. And really, how there is no playable market from middle east? It struggles the brazilian market mainly their lacking.

Just a thought but why not split them into continents? For instance I'm sure Europe would be the most popular but this would allow the game to be developed more intensely. So you could take on most teams in Europe + European competitions. 

You can then do the same with Americas, Africa & Asia.

Split the international version into it's own game would also allow expansion & development.

On 27/09/2018 at 09:20, Maerck2018 said:

Just a thought but why not split them into continents? For instance I'm sure Europe would be the most popular but this would allow the game to be developed more intensely. So you could take on most teams in Europe + European competitions. 

You can then do the same with Americas, Africa & Asia.

Split the international version into it's own game would also allow expansion & development.

kinda, split the SI team in some parts, each one taking care a continent? 

Interesting. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/06/2018 at 02:08, Harper said:

I'll buy the game regardless. If anything, I'd like to see the USL added below MLS. Even if it were, I'd likely replace it with a custom pro/rel North American pyramid.

Would love to see more US leagues myself, but with no promotion/relegation to the MLS it would make it difficult to incorporate, and its the one reason Ive never played the MLS

Just two things:

1) More German leagues. Yes, I know licensing is dumb. But due to the reserve team system it is hard to develop a squad with 'correct' PPMs, mentoring, and home-grown player (club) status if the reserve team is not in a playable league. If I understood the new license correctly, we now have the first two (reserve-free) leagues fully implemented and maybe a generic third league like in previous games. But most amateur sides of the larger clubs are in the fourth and fifth tier. If it is impossible to get these licenses and creating these leagues generically, I'd like a purely fictional reserve league to make youth development more viable.

2) In the US add a college tier so that one can scout draft prospects throughout the year and get a real glimpse of them. In 17 I found the general system fascinating but in the end it just felt kinda random because the draft players were just fresh faces out of nowhere.

Edited by Piperita

FWIW, I think USA should be an option for the 3rd question. The lower leagues in that country are important for player development. As it stands now, MLS is really not that playable for a long term save unless you manually add the other leagues. USL should be activated by default at the very least...That way more loans to those teams will happen and help player development...

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/10/2018 at 00:04, Mars_Blackmon said:

FWIW, I think USA should be an option for the 3rd question. The lower leagues in that country are important for player development. As it stands now, MLS is really not that playable for a long term save unless you manually add the other leagues. USL should be activated by default at the very least...That way more loans to those teams will happen and help player development...

Fully agree with this.

I too would like to see Japan added.

I also feel there's a real lack of African leagues in the game, so added the biggest leagues there would be great.

I'm using a better computer this year so I tried experimenting with loading every league, and then after seeing Iniesta assist Podolski for that great goal in the J League decided to check out their profiles this year. I was disappointed to discover Japan isn't included, which I guess I had just assumed would be, so I agree with the above and feel like perhaps they should be one of the leagues next in line for consideration.

Em 08/11/2018 em 12:01, Weston disse:

I'm using a better computer this year so I tried experimenting with loading every league, and then after seeing Iniesta assist Podolski for that great goal in the J League decided to check out their profiles this year. I was disappointed to discover Japan isn't included, which I guess I had just assumed would be, so I agree with the above and feel like perhaps they should be one of the leagues next in line for consideration.

It's very strange you know they are IRL active but you can't buy/interact with them by licensing issues. 

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:24, Neil Brock said:

Thanks. 

Given the lowly figure given for a European league, I am certain that there would be much more demand for an option to play one or more the major leagues in women's football.