Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zeldster

Improving League Reputation [FM18]

So I started a save with TNS in the Welsh Premier League and have done 10 seasons so far. I have stormed the league every season and won a handful of domestic cups along the way with some IRN-BRU cups thrown in.

So here's a little information about my club:

[Finances

[Average League Attendance

[Facilities

[Clubs Reputation]

[League Reputation]

So I've never done a long term save where I attempt to build a leagues reputation up and have some questions. 

Attendance:  I dug into the editor and found out my max attendance is 2783. I currently have a 3000 capacity but I fill out Shrewsbury's 9,875 stadium for big European games. However, I only ever get under 1,000 in League games. It is improving each season and I assume I'd eventually hit that max number but is it possible to increase this threshold? Oswestry Town is where I am based and it has a attraction of 0 and a inhabitants range of 10,001 to 25,000.

Finance: As it currently goes, I'm only making a profit each year from qualifying for either the Champions League group stage or Europa. I restrict my self offering high wages to people who could improve my team slightly, and look to keep costs at a low. I've been trying to improve my income as much as I can, like going on tour to Ireland (Restricted to UK & Ireland), signing some past their prime stars; Rooney at 34, Ramsey at 33. Is their much more you can do to improve like merchandise sales, ticket prices, etc.. And would signing these golden oldies do much to shirt sales?

League Reputation / European Co-Efficient:  Should I continue on as TNS and solely drag the reputations of each up on my own? Or would I be better of resigning from TNS and moving onto another club. Obviously I'd be relying on the AI to do well with TNS in Europe but I believe the squad is strong enough to do just that.  

Edited by Zeldster
Imgur Links

Look at this save for some inspiration. Absolutely you are boosting the league's reputation, but this takes a long time, only when the other clubs start being more present in europe you will notice a quality leap in your league. Until that moment, it must be you to carry all the weight.

I'm currently doing the same with Bangor City. I depend on Europe too keep the flow of money going. So far I've got the league reputation up from 1 star to 2. I've noticed slight changes as I go on. When I took over, TNS were the only full time club, now, including Bangor and TNS there are 4 full time clubs in the league. I always keep an eye on the nations coefficient and next season we will gain an automatic place in the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League and still a chance that we can get an automatic 2nd qualifying round spot in the Champions League too but like kingjericho said, it's all on my own back at the moment,

I've done the same in Gibraltar a couple of times, building the league from what is probably one of the worst ranked in Europe, up to the top 10.  That was over a period of over 40 years though, and involved the very charitable financials "bugs" that were present for Gibraltar.  Basically you can definitely boost the coefficient and league reputation on your own, but there's only so far you can go with that.  Eventually you're going to need your opposition to start contributing too.  Luckily with the prize money and TV deals ploughing ridiculous amounts into their coffers, they eventually stumbled across success to bridge that gap, but they still weren't particularly successful in Europe.

20 hours ago, PThomason01 said:

I'm currently doing the same with Bangor City. I depend on Europe too keep the flow of money going. So far I've got the league reputation up from 1 star to 2. I've noticed slight changes as I go on. When I took over, TNS were the only full time club, now, including Bangor and TNS there are 4 full time clubs in the league. I always keep an eye on the nations coefficient and next season we will gain an automatic place in the 2nd qualifying round of the Europa League and still a chance that we can get an automatic 2nd qualifying round spot in the Champions League too but like kingjericho said, it's all on my own back at the moment,

Iv never thought about going in wales but know reading this thread it’s started to appeal to me. What levels are the players at and what are the finances like compared to England cofrence level or lower. Any tips for me starting a go?

Edited by SpikeHughes

Quality wise at the start, I'd compare it to the National League North/South and TNS to a National League, maybe lower League Two team.

Finances are rubbish, low TV money, low attendances etc. You need to rely on Europe for any serious money.

Where to start, it depends what type of challenge you want. If you want to go straight to the top of Wales and a team already in Europe, then it has to be TNS. I'd avoid Cardiff Met Uni as they're hard coded to stay amateur. I like Bangor City though as they had the highest average attendances in the league before I took over (I was managing in N. Ireland originally) so the potential is there.

55 minutes ago, PThomason01 said:

Quality wise at the start, I'd compare it to the National League North/South and TNS to a National League, maybe lower League Two team.

Finances are rubbish, low TV money, low attendances etc. You need to rely on Europe for any serious money.

Where to start, it depends what type of challenge you want. If you want to go straight to the top of Wales and a team already in Europe, then it has to be TNS. I'd avoid Cardiff Met Uni as they're hard coded to stay amateur. I like Bangor City though as they had the highest average attendances in the league before I took over (I was managing in N. Ireland originally) so the potential is there.

Looked about and I like the look of Connahs Quay Nomads, I’m in work so can’t check the infrastructure but if there’s a foundation I might go from there. Want to take a team that’s never been in Europe though it. Be an interesting challenge. 

19 hours ago, PThomason01 said:

PThomason01 your a better man then me good god it’s hard down there. First game arse raped 6-0 away. It was a European game but I can’t get any players even Tranmere players won’t move. Would have to stick to welsh players and there no quality at all. 

@ZeldsterI did the same with TNS on FM2015. It took me the best part of 50 years to move the reputation of the club in to the top 10 of the European co-efficients - there wasn't much to the league apart from a little response from Pen-y-Bont, who were taken over by tycoon.  Even now, with me being a force in Europe and competing well there is only 1 qualifier directly in to the Europa League and Champion's League and the quality of regens across the board are still terrible.  Stadium development has not happened, I am still playing in the same stadium I began in with little to no development at all.  All that said, it was possibly my favourite game from the past few versions and I still revisit it every now and again.  Stick with it, it will ultimately be rewarding.  When I loaded up, I remember deliberately loading up lower leagues in Scandinavia so that I had a pool of players to look at, I used solely loan players and free transfers for about a decade.

Oh wow I was thinking of going to Norn Ireland in my game to wind down my career and see if I can improve the league but it seems like it's a one save from the game release kind of thing.

On 07/04/2018 at 08:36, SpikeHughes said:

PThomason01 your a better man then me good god it’s hard down there. First game arse raped 6-0 away. It was a European game but I can’t get any players even Tranmere players won’t move. Would have to stick to welsh players and there no quality at all. 

Haha thanks! No mans better than another though; we all have different qualities.

My first game was actually the same, a 6-0 loss in Europe. I regularly qualify for the European group stages now. If it's the Champions League, I always finish bottom of the group and if it's the Europa League I usually get through to the round of 32. 

I'm in season 31/32 now, the Welsh Premier League is ranked 41st, was 105th when I took over.

1 hour ago, PThomason01 said:

Haha thanks! No mans better than another though; we all have different qualities.

My first game was actually the same, a 6-0 loss in Europe. I regularly qualify for the European group stages now. If it's the Champions League, I always finish bottom of the group and if it's the Europa League I usually get through to the round of 32. 

I'm in season 31/32 now, the Welsh Premier League is ranked 41st, was 105th when I took over.

You're getting there mate - good stuff.  Keep on updating, it'll be worth it.