Creating a randomly generated playing history for our manager

Nuliag

As the title says, I think it would be a good idea, either at the start of each save or when creating a manager, to randomly generate a playing career for that manager, with clubs played for, appearances, goals etc. Maybe becoming and icon/legend depending on how many appearances and stuff. I believe this is already done to an extent with international careers, so I propose that the playing career option chosen when creating the manager also serve as the parameter of the club career. For example, if one chooses the "International Footballer (Global level)" option, a successful career at the Madrids, Barcelona's and United's of the world could be generated. That could tie into the club reputation system. I just feel that this would add a nice little bit of flavour to the game, and increase the role play aspect knowing that your manager didn't just appear out of thin air with no apparent ties to any club. 

If that's too difficult, there could also be an option for the player to manually input a career for their manager when they originally create them. This wouldn't have to be season by season, they could maybe select a time frame for their career, choose which clubs they played for, how many goals, etc. etc. (and maybe the game could put that logically into individual seasons? Again may be too complicated though). 

• 7 months later...

Archived