Couldn't be angrier now!!! What's wrong with my chairman??????

Hi.

Playing with Cadbury Athletic, managed back to back to back promotions, now playing in League 1. In second place, 1 point behind top spot, with a thin young squad, academy players + loan stars. I have  3-4 gems for 3 years now, have been putting off bids from championship and premiership teams for a while now, they were happy, signing new improved contracts every year. Two of them are my two left backs/left wingers.

Capture2.thumb.JPG.668d0b0e95e9e642bcd675c08f19c681.JPGCapture.thumb.JPG.7413f4cd63cf95bea310ddd0f91406ef.JPG

So... January window, DEADLINE day... bids flocking in, and then THIS HAPPENS...

Capture4.thumb.JPG.4f03ad707fcf9099f93dde50758a2d90.JPGCapture3.thumb.JPG.3cb0b1447b9f47f1171d08248fe69052.JPG

What's up with that???? Other times I could contest the chairman's decision, now nothing!!! And it's the LAST MINUTES of the Deadline day!!!  And to make matters worse, The bids I used to reject were FAR better, and the stupid chairman has accepted bids ranging from 300k to 900k!!!

Come on, this is heart-breaking now... And my stupid scouts either find have no-one to suggest, or they suggest players costing millions, and I have a 400k budget!. I spend hours manually scouting and i rarely find anyone better.

Pardon my rant, but I feel so distraught right now!

This is seriously buggy!!! After these two,  bids come for my main central defender, 19-year-old, I reject bids as high as 700k, and then the chairman accepts the 450k bid "being too good to refuse"!!!!!!! Come on SI.........This is ruining my career.

Finances were OK, this is definitely a bug, it can't be that 1 day ago i'm allowed to negotiate a bid up to 800k (and then reject it) and then the day after (deadline day, that's what bothers me most!!!) the chairman accepts a 400k bid! And this happened for 4 of my brightest prospects and first team players!!! I had no chance of replacing them!

solution is easy, reload and accept the better offers, i usually do that because i do know how frustrating that can be, i remember getting offers over 10M for a wonderkid just for the idiot chairman to accept a 500k offer :idiot:

and to avoid that just set an asking price to the player so the chairman knows that the player worths a lot more of how he thinks, but if a team gets a offer near that (bonus included) you are pretty much doomed to sell the player or negotiate some better terms to get a little more

is not a bug, more often than not the players and chairman irl do this, even if the manager doesnt agree they want thing to go their way, so they want to leave/sell even if you dont agree to it

On 02/04/2018 at 11:09, pantelas2002 said:

Finances were OK, this is definitely a bug, it can't be that 1 day ago i'm allowed to negotiate a bid up to 800k (and then reject it) and then the day after (deadline day, that's what bothers me most!!!) the chairman accepts a 400k bid! And this happened for 4 of my brightest prospects and first team players!!! I had no chance of replacing them!

The chairman was probably letting you negotiate previously because it wasn't deadline day, and it was expected that you'd get a deal sorted to sell them. Because you didn't get a deal sorted out by deadline day, the chairman took matters into his own hands.

Pretty straightforward really.

Also, you say that "finances were OK" - what were you finances? Were their any loans or other debts being paid off? Was your income lower than your expenditures? These can all impact if the chairman will decide to accept the bids himself.

Seen plenty of those stupid chairman decisions aswell. You have secure economy, you are offered lots of money for a young talent and suddenly chairman steps in and takes far less than previously offered. Fair enough that a chairman with high interfering stat wants a say in potential sales, but acting like a complete moron isn't doing any good for the immersion.

11 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

The chairman was probably letting you negotiate previously because it wasn't deadline day, and it was expected that you'd get a deal sorted to sell them. Because you didn't get a deal sorted out by deadline day, the chairman took matters into his own hands.

Pretty straightforward really.

Also, you say that "finances were OK" - what were you finances? Were their any loans or other debts being paid off? Was your income lower than your expenditures? These can all impact if the chairman will decide to accept the bids himself.

About finances, I mean when you go to the club profile, it says "Okay".

But this is not about WHY the chairman accepted the bids, it's the timing. One day earlier, I reject 1 million bid, and then next day -which happens to be deadline day - the Chairman accepts unconditionally all bids above 400k, without even negotiating. SURELY that's called a bug.

hace 19 minutos, pantelas2002 dijo:

About finances, I mean when you go to the club profile, it says "Okay".

But this is not about WHY the chairman accepted the bids, it's the timing. One day earlier, I reject 1 million bid, and then next day -which happens to be deadline day - the Chairman accepts unconditionally all bids above 400k, without even negotiating. SURELY that's called a bug.

thats not a bug, thats just the chairman being an idiot trying to sell something you "dont want to sell" as i said early, irl this happens, 1M for a team below Premier league is good money, try to put an asking price for the player so the chairman knows the player goes for more, he will try to sell him anyway, but will not accept stupid offers

6 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

thats not a bug, thats just the chairman being an idiot trying to sell something you "dont want to sell" as i said early, irl this happens, 1M for a team below Premier league is good money, try to put an asking price for the player so the chairman knows the player goes for more, he will try to sell him anyway, but will not accept stupid offers

The asking price was 1 million. The chairman accepted various bids ranging 400k and 800k that were offered BOTH at the same time. That's not stupidity. Not only did he let me reject the same bids one day before, he didn't even choose to accept the highest bid.

hace 24 minutos, pantelas2002 dijo:

he didn't even choose to accept the highest bid

that last one can actually be a bug...or more like something to add in the next game, it goes against human reasoning in all aspects, unless the 400K offer has future add ons or next transfer % i dont think the chairman should accept it over a 800K deal

as for the asking price, 800K is near 1M so i as someone looking to sell something i would't mind losing 200K if that means having to wait half a year. Again i dont know why he accepted the 400K Deal if there where no future money on it...

I've had exactly the same issues in my Stockport Academy save.

The Chairman will jump in and accept bids even though we have £3m sat in the bank as a league 2 team, the players haven't even asked to leave.

You used to be able to intervene or at least slag off the Chairman to the press, now you can't do a thing.

I tried to buy one back after 6 months and was quoted £141m, he hadn't kicked a ball for the first team.

If they sign a new contract they get left alone for that window, can't keep doing that though.

4 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

I've had exactly the same issues in my Stockport Academy save.

The Chairman will jump in and accept bids even though we have £3m sat in the bank as a league 2 team, the players haven't even asked to leave.

You used to be able to intervene or at least slag off the Chairman to the press, now you can't do a thing.

I tried to buy one back after 6 months and was quoted £141m, he hadn't kicked a ball for the first team.

If they sign a new contract they get left alone for that window, can't keep doing that though.

The weird thing is that during the same save, when I was in League 2 I could protest the transfer after the Chairman accepted the bids, and they would accept to reject it. So the concept is still in the game!

6 minutes ago, pantelas2002 said:

The weird thing is that during the same save, when I was in League 2 I could protest the transfer after the Chairman accepted the bids, and they would accept to reject it. So the concept is still in the game!

Might be a chairman personality thing, it's happened 8 times and i've been given no chance to intervene.

Archived