Sports Interactive Community
Captzpilicueta

Game doesn't progress after clicking continue

Ever since the update, the game doesn't progress when I click continue. The calendar still appears at the top, but nothing happens even after several minutes of waiting. There is no indication that the game is loading like in the past. Sometimes I can click browse to exit this screen, then try again to click continue, but other times even this won't work and I'm forced to exit the game. This issue is making the game unplayable for me. 

Hi @Captzpilicueta

Can you please upload your save to our FTP? Information on how to do so can be found on the link below. If you could let us know when you've uploaded it and what the file is named, that would be great. If you could always confirm what date in-game the issue is occurring, that would be helpful.

https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/138_pc/how-to-upload-a-file-to-our-ftp-to-be-checked-r401/

@lovenkrands01 - Can you please open your own thread if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,
Felix

Hi @Felix Wilkie

I apologize for the delayed response. I haven't had as much time to play the game of late, and so I didn't think to check back here for a response. I believe I have uploaded the file successfully- does file type XML document sound correct? File name is "Captzpilicueta_cant continue game." This is my first time doing this, so please advise if I have done something incorrectly and I will attempt to get you whatever information you need as soon as possible.

Thank you!

No it wouldn't be an XML file, it would be an .FM file and located here by default - C:\Users\<YOUR WINDOWS USERNAME>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2018\games

Just to confirm, are you running any custom graphics/logos/skins or any other add-ons with your game? If so, do you encounter the same issue with them removed? 

Okay, uploaded- file name ForzaJuve.KMC.FM. I have one custom logo pack, but I've had it for awhile and it hasn't impacted previous saves.

Okay the file is working fine here. Just to confirm, do you have any kind of anti-virus program installed? If so, what type? We're wondering if there's some kind of interference.

Also if you switch the game to run in Windowed mode (you can do this via display options via the in-game preferences) do you encounter the same issue? Let us know, thanks.