Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Danielfc

Moving to affiliate club

I think it would be a good idea to be able to open a dialogue with a player you are trying to move to your affiliate. I am trying to move a youngster, great prospect, from my Newcastle squad to Leeds , my affiliate. He keep[s rejecting their contract. Because he is a foreign youth, he still has one more year before being trained in nation so it would be nice to have a conversation stating why he should accept? I cannot register him, he will ait in the reserves for another year when he could play a full season on the Championship

Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you said, but if he can’t play in the Prem in England due to being a foreign national and not having clearance, surely he couldn’t play in the Championship either?

YEah mate you misunderstood haha - there was a full stop between my sentence here - ''He keep[s rejecting their contract. Because he is a foreign youth,...''

So, he wasnt rejecting the contract BECAUSE he was a foreign national haha. 

He is rejecting the contract for seemingly no reason, makes no sense because I have six strikers in the U23's and he is not going to get the game time he needs and he is certainly good enough for my affiliate to play a key role. 

Edited by Danielfc

Why would u want to move him to English affiliate if he still could not play there because he is foreign youngster?

I think the OP means he wants the player to become homegrown in England but also get games. He doesn't have room for the player in his squad, so the player won't get games at Newcastle.

The initial request to explain affiliate loans to young players is a good idea regardless.

Correct - I have no room for the player and will register him next year once he has some first team caps under his belt on a regular basis in a competitive league. He can play in cups for me but that is not enough playing time that he needs.  

Cint, he can be registered, but I have too many registered already.As KnightedManager says though, the point of this is a request to open a dialogue :)