Custom logo not appearing in league table

EddyWebb

I asked on the subreddit and got nothing and I have searched this forum and have found this issue has come up for other people, but all of the fixes have not worked for me. 

I made a custom logo for my team, which is part of the TCM18 megapack, and it shows up everywhere in-game except for the league table and player history. The config file is correct (as far as I know I've checked everything a few times now), I've tried different filenames and that hasn't changed anything. Originally the image was 20x20 pixels as are the rest of the icons in the TCM18 megapack, which do show up in the league table. I then changed the size to 25x18 as I've seen recommended on this sub, and that didn't change anything, I've emptied my cache and restarted the game and none of it has worked for me. 

It's such a small issue but I would really appreciate it if anybody here had any ideas on how to fix this? 

This is what I mean by the logo not showing up: https://imgur.com/a/3T55m

Cheers!

- Make sure the filename in the config file exactly matches the filename of the actual file - easiest method is to press F2 on graphic file in windows and then copy the highlighted name and paste it into the config file where the name should be) also keep the name simple and avoid any special characters.

- Make sure the file extension of the graphic is .png not .PNG

- Make sure you don't have a duplicate entry in the config file or a different config file that will be conflicting.

- If the above doesn't work then manually delete your cache files: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/

On 3/31/2018 at 18:40, michaeltmurrayuk said:

- Make sure the filename in the config file exactly matches the filename of the actual file - easiest method is to press F2 on graphic file in windows and then copy the highlighted name and paste it into the config file where the name should be) also keep the name simple and avoid any special characters.

- Make sure the file extension of the graphic is .png not .PNG

- Make sure you don't have a duplicate entry in the config file or a different config file that will be conflicting.

- If the above doesn't work then manually delete your cache files: https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2018/134_how-to/

Hey, I appreciate the help, I have tried all of the options and had no success.

What do you mean by a conflicting config file? 

2 hours ago, EddyWebb said:

Hey, I appreciate the help, I have tried all of the options and had no success.

What do you mean by a conflicting config file? 

If you have an entry for that team in another config but without a graphic present it can be interfering with this entry.

If its not working then post up screenshots of the folder the logo is in, it's config file and the preferences interface screen.

That looks fine, so it look like something else is causing the problem - if you rename that graphic to something else and then make a copy of a working graphic and rename that to this value does that image work? (Also change your graphics name to that of the other file to see if your graphic shows for the other team).

To search for a duplicate entry in another config browse to the main FM18 folder in your docs location, select the windows search box and from the search tools -> advanced option tick the file contents option and then do a search for that id and it should find any graphics with that id and any config files that contain that id - then check the found config files to see if they have an entry for the small logo and remove the line for any config files that aren't in the same folder as your image. Also check that config file just to make sure a duplicate line for that id hasn't been added by mistake.

3 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

That looks fine, so it look like something else is causing the problem - if you rename that graphic to something else and then make a copy of a working graphic and rename that to this value does that image work? (Also change your graphics name to that of the other file to see if your graphic shows for the other team).

To search for a duplicate entry in another config browse to the main FM18 folder in your docs location, select the windows search box and from the search tools -> advanced option tick the file contents option and then do a search for that id and it should find any graphics with that id and any config files that contain that id - then check the found config files to see if they have an entry for the small logo and remove the line for any config files that aren't in the same folder as your image. Also check that config file just to make sure a duplicate line for that id hasn't been added by mistake.

Renaming a copy of a working graphic does cause that logo to be visible in the group tables, so it must be the image itself? Is there a certain quality that the image needs to be?

Changing the custom logo to be assigned to a different team in the config file doesn't cause the logo to be visible.

Finally, there is no duplicate config file.

Sounds like it's an issue with the graphic - first make sure the file extension is .png (not .PNG - they are different and the game won't read PNG files). When saving the file it depends on the program you used to create it in - generally should select an option that looks like save for web, png-24 format with transparency enabled.

31 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Sounds like it's an issue with the graphic - first make sure the file extension is .png (not .PNG - they are different and the game won't read PNG files). When saving the file it depends on the program you used to create it in - generally should select an option that looks like save for web, png-24 format with transparency enabled.

Aha! The problem has been solved!

My logo had a bit-depth of 8, compared to the 32 bit-depth of the other icons, so I converted the logo's bit depth and there it is!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out despite it being such a small issue! I really appreciate it.

Archived