The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

Just won the league with SC Heerenveen, in my first season. It was very bizarre as PSV was dominating the league, at one point I was 7 points behind them, they suffered a huge blip between Feb til Mid April (including us beating them at their place) We rode our luck most of the games, few games we was heading for a  defeat and grabbed a goal in injury time. Won the league by 4 points, Ajax finished 2nd and PSV, 3rd :eek:  Finances are in a mess, currently got 1.2M in the bank but got 17M to spend from selling deadwood players. Used 49 players this season, despite media moaning about it. Chairman are in process of selling the club to consortium. Youth intakes was garbage :(   

Edited by john1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brand.gif?itok=fqxdai_N

Decided to re fire up my Sc Heerenveen save :thup: 

T4GHN2e.png

Here is my transfers, I have done over the summer, delighted to bring in Geubbels, tried to sign him in January and wasn't interested so I went for him again and happy to sign for us :D  Richard, originally was going to be Ødegaard replacement, but Richard made decent start with us :cool: Still struggling to get the best out of Ødegaard :( 

wbVXmvS.png
Found this guy while scouting Argentina clubs, coaches rate him highly.

We was drawn against Ludogorets Razgrad in Champions League play off.

First leg
a6Tr4AL.png

We was poor and draw was the right result.

Second leg

F2RjVuR.png

I decided to switch to 4-4-2 to accommodate Geubbels and Pinamonti :cool: And we blew them away :D Bring on whoever we get in group stages!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COu3yvt.png
We also started the season winning JC Schaal :thup: 

Started the season with 4-1 win over Excelsior. Lost 3-1 away to Feyenoord :( Then bounced back with 1-0 win over Willem II, with Geubbels, getting the winner off the bench :D 

On 17/06/2018 at 17:04, BoxToBox said:

Consortiums are good too.

Fell through in the end over lack of funds :( 

Edited by john1

fXyu6D4.png

Tough!!! I can't see us picking up any points :( Surely the money will be rolling in :D  (would be amazing if it was in that order after 6 games ;) )

Edited by john1

In my current save, I'm managing in Scotland and I have a 'hard Brexit' scenario. Do you have any particular approach to the market to sign players? All the non-UK players I tried to sign so far have had their work permits denied... I can't attract any NT players which would help gain the work permit, is there any other particularity I should look for?

9 hours ago, kingjericho said:

In my current save, I'm managing in Scotland and I have a 'hard Brexit' scenario. Do you have any particular approach to the market to sign players? All the non-UK players I tried to sign so far have had their work permits denied... I can't attract any NT players which would help gain the work permit, is there any other particularity I should look for?

I'm in the same boat, so every season I just signed 4/5 players that have been released from Premiership youth teams in the hope that at least one can make it into my first team, these players being either British and the odd Italian previously or more lately Spanish nationals. On the non-uk signings front I've also failed to get a WP for any one but have noticed teams sign foreign players. Like Colchester who are in League One have just signed a DR Congo player from Mazembe, he has played at international level. If I find a formula i'll post it in here. 

Right guys, gonna need some advice on what country I should activate as my 10th league. As of right now I got the big 5, Portugal, Holland, Belgium and Scotland.

The ones i'd like most are Iceland, Turkey, Ireland, Norway or China.

19 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Right guys, gonna need some advice on what country I should activate as my 10th league. As of right now I got the big 5, Portugal, Holland, Belgium and Scotland.

Serbia
Romania
Greece

2 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Whatever is the most different, guessing China.

14 hours ago, john1 said:

Serbia
Romania
Greece

Greece might be a proper option come to think of it.

12 hours ago, git2thachoppa said:

Whatever is the most different, guessing China.

This one is too, however. It's a different continent and quite a lot of great footballers moved there of course.

I think i'll go China and activate Greece when one country drops out or there's still enough room.

EDIT: Seeing as i'd prefer the performance to remain at 3,5 stars or higher, i'll keep the format like this:
Holland down to Jupiler League
Belgium down to First Amateur Division
England down to League Two
Germany down to 3. Liga
And France, Italy and Spain all down to their respective second divisions.
It's a little less than before but just under 38000 players is still more than enough for the forthcoming months I think.

This is the computer we're speaking about by the way, since I am spoiled with short loading times now i'll be doing FMT on my laptop instead with a PL or Championship club.

Edited by Minuy600

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Good luck with your save @Minuy600 :thup:

Cheers! I seem to have a little problem with the game right now as it seems to hang during the wait for the next day, making pre-season very long. Ah well, I presume it's because the database still needs to load some stats and graphics.

883px-Olympique_Lyonnais.svg.png
I holidayed the first season and I was looking through English, France and Holland leagues, Lyon caught my eye as they finished 6th (first time since 1997/98 season)m So I took over Lyon and get them back into Champions League. Currently in January 2019, sitting 2nd with 3 points behind PSG (no surprise) Just been knocked out in Coupe De la Ligue Quarter Final against Monaco, 3-2 away, we came back from 2-0 down until Falcao got late winner!

Europa League - Was drawn with Celta, FC Midtylland and Basaksehir, Won 5 out of 6 games (drew 1-1 with FC Midtylland) Our last match was against Basaksehir away, So i played mixed of fringe and youth players and won 4-1. Now we face Olympiacos, in First Knockout Round.

Here is my transfer dealing so far
SpBWvfC.jpg

Mariano - assistant manager suggested his paying wages doesn't justify, so I sold him and promoted Gouiri. Fans kicked up when we sold him.
Nkoulou - Wanted to leave when he heard Barca was interested in him, so I offered him out for 20M to Barca, came back with 18.5M

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nmVE0mQ.jpg

Special mention goes to Maxwell Cornet, who have been absolutely superb for me. from left winger :eek: Was chased by Ac Milan and his value rocketed to 20M.

fVU9kFv.jpg
Amine Gouiri, promoted him to first team in the summer when I took over, and been amazing for us and just won European Golden Boy :cool: 

uAUtCxW.jpg

Houssem Aouar, was fantastic for us first part of the season, and now slightly going off the boil with few poor performance :( I am slightly tempted to sell Fekir, as he just came back from 8 months out with ACL, and build team around Aouar and Gouiri? Any advice? Or keep Fekir?

After we got knocked out by Monaco in Coupe de la Ligue QF, Aouar, had the lowest rating with 6.1, I told him, that I wasn't happy and this what he came back with....
2WK7Y8C.jpg

Bloody idiot!

image.thumb.png.411ec0950e793afbe984f6eb24c90a01.png

Craziest match i've ever seen on FM. I'm not managing one of these sides but I am in their division. A 19 year old dude scored a hattrick before a 17 year old regen decided he could do it better. :D

Insane.

I remember a match I played many years back, circa the 2004/5 version. I was playing as Leigh RMI and Chester were my bogey team. I had a home game against them and went 0-3 down in 11 minutes. I went on to win 8-3. Probably the craziest CM/FM match I've played.

1 hour ago, withnail316 said:

I really don't like my board:

1227106827_InvernessCT_BoardroomBoardMeeting.thumb.png.5f071e6ecc1eec1c69536924861381ea.png
1060528872_ClydesdaleBankPremierLeague_StatsTeam.thumb.png.00363219102d810a80fd796068c39427.png
886932941_InvernessCT_BoardroomFinances.thumb.png.73ed8a3cee18aa09097e4eb678e7c324.png

"You're a football manager, what are you doing giving advice about the stadium and finances? Have you bumped your head? Be careful, I have Alan Pardew on speed dial, you know."

image.thumb.png.b76f271458f411bed9f8b15d59bcc2cc.png

Half the clubs in the first knockout round of the CL are either from England or Spain in my first season. The footballing world has one hell of a kink for those two countries alone, me thinks. At least Salzburg, Spartak and Celtic are there to shake things up just a little.

Edited by Minuy600

• 2 weeks later...

Club name of the Day: High Quality United from Bhutan (stolen from Makoto Nakamura's thread)

They have a logo that looks like a Rennaissance painting but if it was football that was God.

High_Quality_United_logo.png

They're not in FM07, but Quality Distributors are (from good old Guam again)

quality-distributors-logo-dededo--618.jp

You can tell they are a business because they use .biz like a business would...

Edited by git2thachoppa

4 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Champions League group stage, you say? Brilliant. Who have they got?

507978852_EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewProfile.png.b9e9ba08343b3b85c9e85f2a3ca450db.png.1f978b562c2296db8bf1aa9b290de348.png

Oh you CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!

Jesus christ! :( 

On 25/07/2018 at 21:10, withnail316 said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle in the Champions League group stage, you say? Brilliant. Who have they got?

507978852_EuropeanChampionsCup_OverviewProfile.png.b9e9ba08343b3b85c9e85f2a3ca450db.png.1f978b562c2296db8bf1aa9b290de348.png

To be the best you have to beat the best.

Agreed. You CANNOT BE SERIOUS WITH SUCH AN EASY GROUP WTF. 

After getting Chelsea Atlético and Inter I thought that couldn't be outdone. Well done then. :D

Hadn't been into FM for a long time and have just got back into it over the last few weeks. I'm managing Celtic for now, I wanted an 'easy' save to get me back into the swing of things. Plus I decided if I can't win the league with Celtic there's no point bothering with another save!

Anyway. We qualified for the champions league group stages very comfortably and drew Juventus, Chelsea and Kobenhavn. We beat Kobenhavn 2-0 away before to my surprise we beat both Chelsea and Juve at home 2-0! Lost 5-0 away to Chelsea and went into the Kobenhavn game knowing a win would be enough to send us through with a game to go. Went 2-0 down but came back to win 3-2 with a 93rd minute winner! Juve and Chelsea drew so with one game to go we've already won the group!

Despite making changes for league games either side of the Champions League and playing a few youngsters we're top of the league too 4 points clear (with a game in hand).

e22ca0ef28d82f1b54bd8be638ee50b2.png

Don't know either to laugh or cry badly :( Started very well and went 1-0 up, must have fired them up so badly to put 7 past me. Defence was appalling :thdn: 

After the game, assistant manager said we should praised the players for their performance.... :rolleyes:

Edited by john1

1d6b3b6433e646d26c75a0006508201d.png

Just finished my first season with Real Sociedad, I felt we could have snatched 4th, but few games where we concede in last minutes ffs. Had our rival Athletic, before our last match of the season and we can only drew 0-0 even Prieto, blazed his penalty over the bar. 

Knocked out in Copa del Rey Semi Final, losing 2-0 to Real Madrid over 2 legs (1-0 in both)

Also knocked out in Europa League Quarter Final against Sporting CP :( 

dcd699eded75e89bd3020ee67ba5168a.png 

Also got this guy through youth intakes :cool: Also played our last game of the season and came off the bench, broke the youngst player to play for the club by 20 days.

Edited by john1