Sports Interactive Community
deltablue

The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

Does anyone know can you stay on as club manager, after accepting an international management job? 

In FM 19? Or if I accept the international job, does it automatically resign me from the club I'm managing?

Edited by mylescattle

Lads, what kinda (basic) editor database do you all want to see first? I'm considering my choices between adding the top 2 tiers for the remainder of the UEFA or CONMEBOL countries, Oceania as a whole, or starting from the country with the least amount of inhabitants and working my way up. Any ideas besides this?

Along the lines of comnebol, how about a Carribbean DB? They have plenty of continental competitions with a shot at playing with the big boys of Mexico/MLS

7 hours ago, rodesire said:

Along the lines of comnebol, how about a Carribbean DB? They have plenty of continental competitions with a shot at playing with the big boys of Mexico/MLS

Continental competitions are beyond my reach of capabillities but i'll still gladly be making those missing leagues. Especially since most lowly inhabited countries happen to be around that region. There should be a post up about it in the Editor's Hideway soon.

17 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

FM20 has officially been released, so it's time to start tinkering with the editor. :D

I'm almost done with Montserrat as we speak!

1 hour ago, Peter G said:

Think I've managed to successfully make the USL Pro active!

Well, I've managed to get it active but can't get the East and West winners to meet in the Final. And, for some reason, some teams can't qualify for the play-offs. Weird.

*Goes to write next career update entry*

1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

FM20 has officially been released

*aborts*

On 14/11/2019 at 20:23, Jimbokav1971 said:

I understand their reasoning, but there's a part of me that feels sad and think they shouldn't do it.

57 minutes ago, Peter G said:

Well, I've managed to get it active but can't get the East and West winners to meet in the Final. And, for some reason, some teams can't qualify for the play-offs. Weird.

At a complete loss now. Want to do this to start my game but getting frustrated now

7 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

I really hope the head of scouting's name is real :D it is wikipedia though :rolleyes:

1050099426_TessTickle.thumb.png.19ee3fd0e7135886780040a4400ee90f.png

Is this where we all apply for the Goalkeeping Coach role?

42 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

I really hope the head of scouting's name is real :D it is wikipedia though :rolleyes:

1050099426_TessTickle.thumb.png.19ee3fd0e7135886780040a4400ee90f.png

Google says no

5 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Rash-Milk. :lol:

I thought he was really good in the Freddie Mercury movie.

Just now, git2thachoppa said:

I thought he was really good in the Freddie Mercury movie.

They've actually sacked the manager in the screenshot and hired someone new, and well, you know what they say, another one bites the dust and the show must go on.

10 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

They've actually sacked the manager in the screenshot and hired someone new, and well, you know what they say, another one bites the dust and the show must go on.

They're so sure they're going to be successful with this change but I think it's just Bohemian Rahmatov.

On 18/11/2019 at 15:13, Jimbokav1971 said:

If I was looking for a save, after watching the following video I would now be managing Hibs. 

Mon the Hibbees. :applause::cool:

Don't forget your heroin.

Hi All.

If anyone is past the 1st Knockout stage in Europe in the 2nd season, would you mind having a look and telling me how many legs the 1st Knockout Round of the EURO league has please?

2021/22 2 legs. 

2022/23 1 leg. 

This is FMT by the way. Didn't notice anything with my full fat Nordic save, but also can't remember how many times if any I got there. 

7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Hi All.

If anyone is past the 1st Knockout stage in Europe in the 2nd season, would you mind having a look and telling me how many legs the 1st Knockout Round of the EURO league has please?

2021/22 2 legs. 

2022/23 1 leg. 

This is FMT by the way. Didn't notice anything with my full fat Nordic save, but also can't remember how many times if any I got there. 

It's because of the World Cup in Qatar I believe, it should be back to normal in the 2023/24 season.

I hate the way my head works, I've found out that I can bulk edit every club so it displays their full name when looking at league tables and it's changed my entire outlook and level on immersion, but obviously it only works on new saves. So whilst my Asian challenge is going swimmingly I want my long club names!:seagull:

Currently mulling over my next move, as my Dukla Prague career has hit the skids (update in the career post when I hit a good point).

Have been given a get x points in y games target, and my current thoughts are

a) add in a filler manager (unemployed), retire my manager and bring him back

b) pretty much (a) but add some badges/playing rep to help with sticking around

c) find another interesting career

I want the Dukla career to work, but If it does fail, I think a fresh start is the best option (possibly returning to Dukla in a future save), but I have no ideas that are sparking for the next save

On 30/11/2019 at 08:38, scousevasey said:

Currently mulling over my next move, as my Dukla Prague career has hit the skids (update in the career post when I hit a good point).

I want the Dukla career to work, but If it does fail, I think a fresh start is the best option (possibly returning to Dukla in a future save), but I have no ideas that are sparking for the next save

Why not see what other jobs come up? I know it's difficult when things don't go to plan but it doesn't need to be the end of the save. 

10 hours ago, kevhamster said:

Why not see what other jobs come up? I know it's difficult when things don't go to plan but it doesn't need to be the end of the save. 

I went through to the end of the season, but nothing came up.  I think the problem was I had built up to managing one club, and didn't really have a feel for the rest of the save.  I have had more success with saves where there is no fixed goal, or a goal that can be achieved multiple ways, and then built something that works at a club or clubs.

Decided to go back to that idea with a loose concept journeyman save that allows me to settle at a single club if I get comfortable, or move on without any issues

On 11/12/2019 at 04:05, git2thachoppa said:

Best Venezuelan club name vs the galacticos of... Bolivia...

real-potosi-club-always-ready-8511200.pn

Hope the crowd is ready for some Carmen

On 30/11/2019 at 08:38, scousevasey said:

Getting the sack can be frustrating, but the bad times in FM make the good times all the more worthwhile. 

I would say just move on to another club in the same save. It doesn't need to be the same Country. 

Iceland are going to change their league system in 2021, the season is probably going to start in February and end in October. There's talk of having three rounds of games instead of two and possibly expanding the top tier to 14 teams. No more short and sweet 22-game seasons. :(

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Iceland are going to change their league system in 2021, the season is probably going to start in February and end in October. There's talk of having three rounds of games instead of two and possibly expanding the top tier to 14 teams. No more short and sweet 22-game seasons. :(

39 game spring to autumn season? sounds like a mad adventure

And this my friends is the definition of "We have two equal starting xi"

4-3.thumb.jpg.f70d9f39c6af340777d94c608e229976.jpg

Just to show how Britain-based the career sections is on here. A geographical inaccurate representation of single-club careers in FM20 with over 10 replies. I did not consider any journeyman career or other challenges, and squeezed some of the clubs in different locations. Even if I missed some of the careers I guess it clearly shows the attractiveness between the "continent" and "islands". Don't throw the rocks, just wanted to have fun.

Presentation1df879e29e205ab1c.jpg

4 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Just to show how Britain-based the career sections is on here. A geographical inaccurate representation of single-club careers in FM20 with over 10 replies. I did not consider any journeyman career or other challenges, and squeezed some of the clubs in different locations. Even if I missed some of the careers I guess it clearly shows the attractiveness between the "continent" and "islands". Don't throw the rocks, just wanted to have fun.

But what's the demographics of the site? How many are British? :kriss:

On 20/12/2019 at 13:20, Muttley84 said:

Really interesting and also really strange. :thup:

I'll finally be getting my hands on FM20 soon, and there's going to be another club on that map.

On 20/12/2019 at 15:20, Muttley84 said:

We look too lonely up there....:lol:

On 20/12/2019 at 08:20, Muttley84 said:

I'd love for you to do this again at the end of the FM20 cycle to recap the whole year, this is absolutely mint for a geography nerd like myself :D.

10 hours ago, oriole01 said:

I'd love for you to do this again at the end of the FM20 cycle to recap the whole year, this is absolutely mint for a geography nerd like myself :D.

Dunno if I would have enough space in Brittain at the end of the year, but maybe I will.

Signed: geography nerd no. 2

1 hour ago, Muttley84 said:

Dunno if I would have enough space in Brittain at the end of the year, but maybe I will.

Signed: geography nerd no. 2

An insert map is required, with Britain larger to show the number that have been played there, with the rest of Europe smaller due to the big gaps.

Some of the gaps surprise me, but I am not sure why

On 22/12/2019 at 08:55, Wavelberry said:

It got worse before it got better.

d8aaf8841640b564746a3d3546187334.png

Remember this? I've only gone and stayed up... HA HA HA