Sports Interactive Community
deltablue

The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

Did anyone miss me? :cool:

So after a lengthy break from Football Manager as a whole, I finally returned to the scene with a 'master plan' for FM20. I will run a single save on that game, and if at any point it gets boring, i'm starting over on the save itself by making a new manager and retiring the old one. That way, I will still be able to reach a big year count without having to stress a specific goal too much.

I'm currently trying that tactic on FM18 and may I say I struck gold there? Got hired by Stirling who were bottom of the Scottish League 2 and despite having a 5 point deficit at some point, we are now back up to the save haven of 9th place. Highlights include a 2-3 comeback victory at relegation rivals Elgin City and winning 1-0 to league leaders Edinburgh City because a defender kicked the ball into his own net- without anyone around him. :lol:

17 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

I will run a single save on that game

Won't hold my breath :) 

2 hours ago, Muttley84 said:

Won't hold my breath :) 

If I say it enough times I might start to believe it. Might run a save strictly in non-default leagues too but we'll see.

On 10/08/2019 at 22:49, Jimbokav1971 said:

If St Johnstone offered him a contract equal to or more than his existing contract, don't Man Utd still have to pay compensation when signing him if he is under 23?

Is that a UK wide rule or does it only apply to England?

8 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Is that a UK wide rule or does it only apply to England?

I thought it was a UK rule. I might be wrong though.

I'm not certain myself, but my gut feeling tells me it applies to English transfers only.

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I thought it was a UK rule. I might be wrong though.

It's just England, Jimbo. Players can cross the border for free. Just a couple of years ago Accrington were up in arms at Rangers signing some of their best talent for nowt when they'd been banking on fees from other English clubs. 

On 06/08/2019 at 12:08, Pechorin said:

How do you make the screenshots bigger when you put them in your thread?

If u use gyazo and u create a screenshot. It opens the image (and URL link) in your browser. Don' t use that link. Do a copy paste of the screenshot (so directly after taking it) and paste it in the topic.

Then it is bigger and most of the time u don't have to click on it.