Sports Interactive Community
deltablue

The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

Built a database on FM17 with the Tweede Divisie, the NZ Premiership, the Botola's of Morocco and the two country-wide divisions in Luxembourg. After doing the usual of holidaying to today, it's de Treffers from the first of the afromentioned that got dibs on me. In a severely changed landscape (only 11 of the 18 original clubs are still holding out in the same division as they were in 2016) they found themselves in 17th after finishing 4th twice before. My aim is to get them at least out of the automatic relegation spots.

Seeing as i'm a very bad FM17 player i'm likely going to fail that task. Nevertheless I think this is gonna be quite fun.

EDIT:

image.thumb.png.803de8423239aaa6047b4902c02a2460.png

Oh ok.

Edited by Minuy600

image.thumb.png.fef19ca96b12f6fd81dc943b56e91a06.png

image.thumb.png.18af38d83636d60cbbd3837815332943.png

Not like I expected any presents from FM17 in the first place :D

My lord is this game brutal. And don't worry, the caretaker manager lost the final match against Jong AZ too. I'll stick with this save because it's lightning quick and fun. Let's see what next season brings.

EDIT:

image.thumb.png.0af9a182cba86bbdc8046d879c8f3fb8.png

@Deisler26

And no, I don't have a clue what happened at NAC Breda.

Edited by Minuy600

US Sandweiler from Luxembourg is my next destination.

They want me to finish in mid-table after they got promoted from the third tier. Dudes, you got relegated with a total of 0 victories and 7 draws the season before, don't get cocky now...

FM 07 Club Name of the Day - Arab Contractors Cairo

I bet you can guess who built the stadium, which is named after their creator and owner of course.

salah-arab-contractors.jpg

Mo Salah is their most famous youth product, as a third-choice left-back before a switch in position changed his career.

35 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

A youth only save with Flamengo will surely become popular after recent horrific real life events. 

Just searched and apparently not one single person made a Chapecoense career or story, so I wouldn't expect a Flamengo one.

In fact this post you're reading right now has become the top result for 'Chapecoense'. :ackter:

Edited by git2thachoppa

On 09/02/2019 at 00:45, git2thachoppa said:

Just searched and apparently not one single person made a Chapecoense career or story, so I wouldn't expect a Flamengo one.

In fact this post you're reading right now has become the top result for 'Chapecoense'. :ackter:

Very interesting response. :thup:

17 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

In other news.

£400,000 per week......... :(

Can't see it. Reckon it'll be more around £250k p/w

Not sure where to ask so I figured I would try it here. I am a very long time lurker on FMCU and I was wondering how you guys keep up with threads individually? On the old forums, there was this 'go to first unread post' button that helped a lot. Now I always have to scroll through the posts hoping I am not spoilering myself by going to far ahead in the thread. Am is missing something obvious here?

there is still a "Go to first unread post" button. If you've been reading a post and new posts are added, then the blue circular dot on the left of the thread title will take you to the 1st "new" post. If your catching up on a thread though then you'll have to do that on your own as the "go to 1st unread post" will take you to new content added to the thread 

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, Mandy42 said:

there is still a "Go to first unread post" button. If you've been reading a post and new posts are added, then the blue circular dot on the left of the thread title will take you to the 1st "new" post. If your catching up on a thread though then you'll have to do that on your own as the "go to 1st unread post" will take you to new content added to the thread 

Hope this helps

Thanks, this was exactly the obvious I hoped I was missing.

Looking for some inspiration for a new save? 

Pro Piacenza played a Serie C game away to Cuneo yesterday and started with just 7 players, (1 of whom was the physio), and were later joined by an 8th player. All were teenagers and the team was also "Managed" by one of the players. They lost 20-0.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/17/pro-piacenza-beaten-20-0-serie-c-cuneo?CMP=share_btn_tw

12 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Pro Piacenza played a Serie C game away to Cuneo yesterday and started with just 7 players, (1 of whom was the physio), and were later joined by an 8th player. All were teenagers and the team was also "Managed" by one of the players. They lost 20-0.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/17/pro-piacenza-beaten-20-0-serie-c-cuneo?CMP=share_btn_tw

Unfortunately they just got kicked out of the league today :ackter:

15 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

2 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Unfortunately they just got kicked out of the league today :ackter:

That's sad. 

If they were able to compete, (in the very broadest of terms), in their last fixture, then there should be no reason to kick them out. It diminishes what the lads went through. 

I would suggest that this is even more reason to manage them now. I hope they only get relegated and don't vanish.

7 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

That's sad. 

If they were able to compete, (in the very broadest of terms), in their last fixture, then there should be no reason to kick them out. It diminishes what the lads went through. 

I would suggest that this is even more reason to manage them now. I hope they only get relegated and don't vanish.

It's definitely sad, but they had a litany of troubles before this. The game yesterday was just the last straw for the league. Players and staff hadn't been paid since August, resulting in the majority of them refusing to play, which forced them to forfeit multiple games or use ineligible players. Gotta feel bad for them, but you can see why it had to happen.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/italian-serie-c1-a/story/3778054/serie-c-club-pro-piacenza-expelled-from-league-after-20-0-loss

No sympathy for any company that can't pay its employees or survive paying the minimum wage.

9 hours ago, git2thachoppa said:

No sympathy for any company that can't pay its employees or survive paying the minimum wage.

It's not the company I have sympathy for. 

5 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's not the company I have sympathy for. 

Who are you?

6 hours ago, Benjoe said:

What a pointless comment.

Waste of pixels. 

And what was the point in the comment I was replying to? The guy replied as if I was in the middle of a conversation with him and disagreeing or something. Hence what I was hinting at.

And what was the point in yours? Other than to stir.

Edited by git2thachoppa

54 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

And what was the point in the comment I was replying to? The guy replied as if I was in the middle of a conversation with him and disagreeing or something. Hence what I was hinting at.

You're the one who looks like you're trying to pick a fight. There was nothing wrong with replying to your original comment with a related opinion and Benjoe wasn't the only one wondering why on earth you responded in the way you did. I've been keeping a close eye in case things developed and comments are going to be deleted if this continues any further.

6 minutes ago, deltablue said:

You're the one who looks like you're trying to pick a fight. There was nothing wrong with replying to your original comment with a related opinion and Benjoe wasn't the only one wondering why on earth you responsed in the way you did. I've been keeping a close eye in case things developed and comments are going to be deleted if this continues any further.

I've explained what I meant. No harm done. Had you not posted, that probably would've been the end of it.

If any post risks instigating an internet arguer into 'fighting', your over-dramatisation and "keeping a close eye" on a conversation that's not even started would be it. Let's calm down here...

28 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

The point "the guy" - or @Jimbokav1971 as a respectful individual would say - was to give his opinion on the subject of which he and @oriole01 had started and that you jumped into with a statement of your own. 
But instead of Jimbo saying "Who are you?" to your comment he gave his opinion back to you although he very scandalously had a different angle on it than your comment - on a forum that is quite normal. 
Your comment didn't hint at anything. It was - or can easily be conceived as - an arrogant remark to someone who was replying to your comment. Completely unnecessary. 

If you don't want someone to reply to your comment(s) your FMCU thread might be a better place rather than the GD-thread. 

Oh, and I prefer it shaken, not stirred. 

Just now, Benjoe said:

The point "the guy" - or @Jimbokav1971 as a respectful individual would say - was to give his opinion on the subject of which he and @oriole01 had started and that you jumped into with a statement of your own. 
But instead of Jimbo saying "Who are you?" to your comment he gave his opinion back to you although he very scandalously had a different angle on it than your comment - on a forum that is quite normal. 
Your comment didn't hint at anything. It was - or can easily be conceived as - an arrogant remark to someone who was replying to your comment. Completely unnecessary. 

If you don't want someone to reply to your comment(s) your FMCU thread might be a better place rather than the GD-thread. 

Oh, and I prefer it shaken, not stirred. 

I acknowledge your interpretation of events and respectfully disagree and have further explained my intent.

Keep in mind, the fella agreed with me. So you're "wasting pixels" further.

42 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

Anything posted on a public thread on a public forum can be replied to by any member. You know, the point of forums. 

Just now, BoxToBox said:

Anything posted on a public thread on a public forum can be replied to by any member. You know, the point of forums. 

Exactly.

9 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

I acknowledge your interpretation of events and respectfully disagree and have further explained my intent.

Image result for point your head gif

Okay, I'll stop now before this turns into a scene from the Office.

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

Image result for point your head gif

Ah, it must be me who's missed the point. I'll explain in full so you can see what I meant / where I went wrong:

16 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

7 hours ago, Benjoe said:

What a pointless comment.

Waste of pixels. 

I'm all for having cake and eating it, but apparently you can't do both so I have to ask which you want personally.

18 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

Okay, this is turning into the Office now.

Have a good evening, Andy. 

4 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Benjoe said:

Afternoon, Dwight.

UzDPDjB.gif

29 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Oh gee thanks I will!

oooh. What did I miss?

giphy.gifI

In defence of @git2thachoppathis thread is generally pretty laid back and I think we would all rather "banter" or whatever is kept in here rather than spilling over into individual threads, (which would be a real shame. 

As for the comment itself, it really didn't warrant a response from anyone. I'm a big boy and I'm sure @git2thachoppais too. This a a little casually used thread in a forum that is really rather polite and respectful most of the time. I wasn't really sure if @git2thachoppawas making a joke that I just didn't get or was having a dig at something I didn't get, but I actually assumed that he was making a barbed comment about sport turning into business and the implications. Whatever he meant, I've not got an issue with it, (unless of course he of was suggesting that I was a fat, balding, overpaid and underworked layabout who spends too much time playing FM and posting on here, which I absolutely take exception to despite the fact that some or all of this might be true!) :lol:

Anyway, I've got the day off tomorrow. :cool:

9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

oooh. What did I miss?

giphy.gifI

In defence of @git2thachoppathis thread is generally pretty laid back and I think we would all rather "banter" or whatever is kept in here rather than spilling over into individual threads, (which would be a real shame. 

As for the comment itself, it really didn't warrant a response from anyone. I'm a big boy and I'm sure @git2thachoppais too. This a a little casually used thread in a forum that is really rather polite and respectful most of the time. I wasn't really sure if @git2thachoppawas making a joke that I just didn't get or was having a dig at something I didn't get, but I actually assumed that he was making a barbed comment about sport turning into business and the implications. Whatever he meant, I've not got an issue with it, (unless of course he of was suggesting that I was a fat, balding, overpaid and underworked layabout who spends too much time playing FM and posting on here, which I absolutely take exception to despite the fact that some or all of this might be true!) :lol:

Anyway, I've got the day off tomorrow. :cool:

God....what a waste of pixels. :ackter:

Edited by andychar

FM 07 Club Name of the Day: Rainbow Stars

So obscure they don't have a Wiki or anything, but I did find an article that says the young South Africa cluby plays at the Dumpy Adams Sports Fields.

Edited by git2thachoppa

So today my save crash dumped and the death of my football club took a step closer to becoming reality. Happy Monday, everybody.

6 hours ago, withnail316 said:

So today my save crash dumped and the death of my football club took a step closer to becoming reality. Happy Monday, everybody.

FM13 in 2023 or another save that I haven't seen? :(

On the plus side, maybe this is the time to upgrade to a new pc/laptop and try a newer version of the game?

23 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

FM13 in 2023 or another save that I haven't seen? :(

On the plus side, maybe this is the time to upgrade to a new pc/laptop and try a newer version of the game?

That's the one, but it is on a new laptop. 

I have FM15 and 16, but I need a chunk of time to get started on it, which family life is denying me right now. On 13 I can just play for the 30 minutes I get here and there. 

It will be interesting to see how the new update affects tried, tested and trusted tactics we've been using so far.