The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

@Northernpilgrim has gone from wanting to mimic Sir Alex to more being his son Darren Ferguson but now doing very well with Celtic and needs just another Scottish Cup win before moving back to England if I remember correctly. @shaunvamos did well in Andorra but has just started a San Marino Serie D save, @dj clark boy had a 7 season save before he had another virus. @Dexter_Morgan is having a really good career in Cyprus, even though it went tits up first time, this time round the AI is actually doing really well in getting to the Quarter Finals in both the Champions League and Europa League. Lithuania seems to be the hipster choice of the hour with both @Sheriff7 and @rodesirethere at the moment, @deltablue harshly got sacked from a side in Mexico, not long after being sacked from Gillingham, @Jupjamie had a slight bout of split personality disorder and was briefly the artist formerly known as @Vaulks4 but is back to himself now, @yatesiboi37 is having great success in Grenada as well as qualifying for the World Cup as Kenya manager. @ToMexico!! is having a great save with AC London and recently faced Everton in the FA Cup 3rd round whilst being a non-league side, don't mention the score though! @dafuge is being screwed over with international callups in Brazil (back-to-back 10-0 losses) but is still winning everything in sight. @Jimbokav1971 has gone from Iceland to France to Chelsea and has a 2nd save where he's managing Sunderland in League 2, I think that's most of them. @ManUtd1 finally brought his mammoth career to an end in the early 2090's and has since managed Zulte Waregem as his first FM18 side, @BoxToBox does what he does and wins everything with every side he manages, @noikeee has just won the Spanish league after being close to the relegation zone early in the season. @oriole01 has created one hell of an in-depth read with his Dortmund save, @Fer Fuchs Ake won the Champions League with West Ham, @santy001 and @oliscott have created a great Premier League giant rivalry...between Harrogate and Salford. @MarcxD won everything as Amsterdamsche manager and then managed Tenerife's 1st team, B Team and C Team in the same career and I think won promotion every single season before now managing in Portugal and breaking the top 3/4 sides and is now winning probably at least a double every season. @withnail316 is in Scotland and is trying to topple Celtic and is managing to get closer and closer each season. @IL Luce is following Mircea Lucescu's career from Brescia to Besiktas and now Shakhtar Donetsk.

...And I've probably only had 4 or 5 careers since you were last here. :D

We also appointed Andreas Vogel as the FM God.

Sorry if I've forgotten anyone!

Yes! Thanks for the thorough recap! 

I'm clapping in my little hands.

Billedresultat for clap gif

get it? 

On 07/05/2018 at 22:01, Makoto Nakamura said:

@Northernpilgrim has gone from wanting to mimic Sir Alex to more being his son Darren Ferguson but now doing very well with Celtic and needs just another Scottish Cup win before moving back to England if I remember correctly. @shaunvamos did well in Andorra but has just started a San Marino Serie D save, @dj clark boy had a 7 season save before he had another virus. @Dexter_Morgan is having a really good career in Cyprus, even though it went tits up first time, this time round the AI is actually doing really well in getting to the Quarter Finals in both the Champions League and Europa League. Lithuania seems to be the hipster choice of the hour with both @Sheriff7 and @rodesirethere at the moment, @deltablue harshly got sacked from a side in Mexico, not long after being sacked from Gillingham, @Jupjamie had a slight bout of split personality disorder and was briefly the artist formerly known as @Vaulks4 but is back to himself now, @yatesiboi37 is having great success in Grenada as well as qualifying for the World Cup as Kenya manager. @ToMexico!! is having a great save with AC London and recently faced Everton in the FA Cup 3rd round whilst being a non-league side, don't mention the score though! @dafuge is being screwed over with international callups in Brazil (back-to-back 10-0 losses) but is still winning everything in sight. @Jimbokav1971 has gone from Iceland to France to Chelsea and has a 2nd save where he's managing Sunderland in League 2, I think that's most of them. @ManUtd1 finally brought his mammoth career to an end in the early 2090's and has since managed Zulte Waregem as his first FM18 side, @BoxToBox does what he does and wins everything with every side he manages, @noikeee has just won the Spanish league after being close to the relegation zone early in the season. @oriole01 has created one hell of an in-depth read with his Dortmund save, @Fer Fuchs Ake won the Champions League with West Ham, @santy001 and @oliscott have created a great Premier League giant rivalry...between Harrogate and Salford. @MarcxD won everything as Amsterdamsche manager and then managed Tenerife's 1st team, B Team and C Team in the same career and I think won promotion every single season before now managing in Portugal and breaking the top 3/4 sides and is now winning probably at least a double every season. @withnail316 is in Scotland and is trying to topple Celtic and is managing to get closer and closer each season. @IL Luce is following Mircea Lucescu's career from Brescia to Besiktas and now Shakhtar Donetsk.

Thanks for the mention, @Makoto Nakamura. Just beginning the new season with Celtic now, hoping to win that fourth Scottish Cup this season. Good luck to everyone mentioned above, some cracking threads amongst them, not least your own adventure in Cornwall :)

On 07/05/2018 at 18:20, Benjoe said:

Returning to the forum after 6 months more or less completely off the forum.

Image result for coming back gif

I had my FM18 thread all lined up but then had a funny turn and ended up turning it into a YouTube series instead :cool:

How could @Makoto Nakamuramiss off my 378,912 threads.  😂

So I only recently bought FM18, started a save with Hamburg with a view to it being a short, one or two season save, then I'd start an FMCU thread and all would be good...

Instead I got sucked into my HSV save for 29 days, 15 hours and 15 mins (at the time of posting... yes, I fall asleep with my game on a lot). It's the 2022/23 season and Hamburg are 4-time Bundesliga winners in a row. We conquered the Europa League once and have been in a Pokal final, but yet to conquer Europe or the domestic cup stage unfortunately. 

C0AEA9670E4AE6B1B2CB1752ADA0980D0B5984AF

This is how things are going. I'd been planning to see the save out until I hit #1 for the Nation & Nationality rankings, essentially becoming the German Fergie and turning HSV into the new Bayern (who have been on a massive decline and are a Europa League team at best - have finished 6th and 5th in the last two seasons respectively)... but with Bayern on their knees, I feel like the save has perhaps become a bit too easy. 

So now I find myself looking for a new save. To do an FMCU for :thup: Part of me wants to restart with Hamburg and do some things differently, set some transfer policies in place, such as Germans only (might slacken this to allow me to sign from within Germany and free transfers), because my current HSV team is shockingly biased towards non-Germans (think I have 7 Germans in my 24 man squad). There's also the hope that Bayern don't crumble and present a more fierce challenge...

But I'm not sure if I really want to go through it all again. This team has been quite special to me to be honest. But I'm a bit gutted I never got to detail it and share it on FMCU, so I kind of want to give it another go :D

Failing HSV, any suggestions? I like to manage in one of Europe's big 5 leagues, but don't mind going elsewhere if it's tempting enough... my laptop is a bit rubbish so I generally prefer to stick to these 5 as any more and it takes about 3 weeks to load the db :lol: Always tend to prefer the idea of being the underdog/smaller club in a city... I had a Union Berlin/Torino FMCU if anyone remembers that from a couple of years ago. So the likes of Lazio are appealing too... might have just found my new team actually, Lazio would be perfect :D Good bunch of players but not a CL team, not bigger than their cross-city rivals and have enough substantial challenges in the league to hopefully make it interesting (Juve in particular to begin with of course, but on my HSV save I've found Milan and Napoli have actually become bigger than Juve in terms of challenging in Europe and battling for domestic honours). 

e: on second thoughts Lazio may be a bit too easy, they're not a million miles off being a CL team and with Milinkovic-Savic being so good/potential gold mine, I think a rebuild would be easier than I wish. Torino could be a good shout again, not sure how they look irl these days as I don't follow Italian football like I used to. 

Edited by JDownie

9 hours ago, JDownie said:

So I only recently bought FM18, started a save with Hamburg with a view to it being a short, one or two season save, then I'd start an FMCU thread and all would be good...

Instead I got sucked into my HSV save for 29 days, 15 hours and 15 mins (at the time of posting... yes, I fall asleep with my game on a lot). It's the 2022/23 season and Hamburg are 4-time Bundesliga winners in a row. We conquered the Europa League once and have been in a Pokal final, but yet to conquer Europe or the domestic cup stage unfortunately. 

This is how things are going. I'd been planning to see the save out until I hit #1 for the Nation & Nationality rankings, essentially becoming the German Fergie and turning HSV into the new Bayern (who have been on a massive decline and are a Europa League team at best - have finished 6th and 5th in the last two seasons respectively)... but with Bayern on their knees, I feel like the save has perhaps become a bit too easy. 

So now I find myself looking for a new save. To do an FMCU for :thup: Part of me wants to restart with Hamburg and do some things differently, set some transfer policies in place, such as Germans only (might slacken this to allow me to sign from within Germany and free transfers), because my current HSV team is shockingly biased towards non-Germans (think I have 7 Germans in my 24 man squad). There's also the hope that Bayern don't crumble and present a more fierce challenge...

But I'm not sure if I really want to go through it all again. This team has been quite special to me to be honest. But I'm a bit gutted I never got to detail it and share it on FMCU, so I kind of want to give it another go :D

Failing HSV, any suggestions? I like to manage in one of Europe's big 5 leagues, but don't mind going elsewhere if it's tempting enough... my laptop is a bit rubbish so I generally prefer to stick to these 5 as any more and it takes about 3 weeks to load the db :lol: Always tend to prefer the idea of being the underdog/smaller club in a city... I had a Union Berlin/Torino FMCU if anyone remembers that from a couple of years ago. So the likes of Lazio are appealing too... might have just found my new team actually, Lazio would be perfect :D Good bunch of players but not a CL team, not bigger than their cross-city rivals and have enough substantial challenges in the league to hopefully make it interesting (Juve in particular to begin with of course, but on my HSV save I've found Milan and Napoli have actually become bigger than Juve in terms of challenging in Europe and battling for domestic honours). 

e: on second thoughts Lazio may be a bit too easy, they're not a million miles off being a CL team and with Milinkovic-Savic being so good/potential gold mine, I think a rebuild would be easier than I wish. Torino could be a good shout again, not sure how they look irl these days as I don't follow Italian football like I used to. 

*gets vague flashbacks*... I vaguely remember someone from Mexico... a Bayern shirt... arrrrggghhh.. whatever it is my brain has blocked it out, it wants to forget it.

I have a considerable lack of concentration on terms of careers. Started with VVSB in the Dutch third division with the thought of it being long-term, now i'm tempted to jump into my own Kosovo DB and manage a club from the lowest division there, AND i'm tempted to finally win my first silverware with Feyenoord or PSV. Now i'll never get further than 2019 this way.

7 hours ago, noikeee said:

*gets vague flashbacks*... I vaguely remember someone from Mexico... a Bayern shirt... arrrrggghhh.. whatever it is my brain has blocked it out, it wants to forget it.

XjUviUS.jpg

2 hours ago, JDownie said:

I have no idea what this is or the context of it all, but the image alone cracks me up :D

It's this Mexican striker I had whilst managing HSV that I decided it would be a great idea to sell him to Bayern. Then it went like this:

fXfor98.jpg

vaG8hg7.jpg

VZVTMq0.jpg

WhZBj86.jpg

XjUviUS.jpg

... that was just the first season. He'd torment me for like 5 more years, beating me to the title with Bayern every time. Then he moved to Man Utd. Then he kept on tormenting me in the Champions League anyway.

23 minutes ago, noikeee said:

It's this Mexican striker I had whilst managing HSV that I decided it would be a great idea to sell him to Bayern. Then it went like this:

... that was just the first season. He'd torment me for like 5 more years, beating me to the title with Bayern every time. Then he moved to Man Utd. Then he kept on tormenting me in the Champions League anyway.

:lol:

That's an unfortunate story, although the image itself remains amazing :D Perhaps moreso now that I know what it's about :D

@Jimbokav1971 has gone from Iceland to France to Chelsea and has a 2nd save where he's managing Sunderland in League 2,

Yes I have moved from HK in Iceland to Stade Rennais in France and on to Chelsea in England and yes I have also introduced a 2nd manager in the same save starting in control of Sunderland in League 2, (although they are now a struggling Premier League side). 

In more important news however, it should be pointed out that @Makoto Nakamuranot only creates the best threads, but does the best forum updates on everyone else's threads. :lol::applause:

Guys. I have officially won a prize on FM. The amazing, dazzling, sprankling, fantastic... Dutch Super Cup.

In all seriousness I am glad the silverware count is no longer at zero, gives me hope I can win something more important.

Does anyone know a good club that is not in a competition of the top 10 European countries or Holland and has extremely low expectations so I can build on the road in a relaxed manner?

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I do better than that. I keep a save every season for ever. 

It won't let me save games at all and crashes when I try. 

That doesn't sound good, although it might mean that the save isn't corrupted.

Just now, dafuge said:

That doesn't sound good, although it might mean that the save isn't corrupted.

My drivers auto-updated this morning so I thought it might be that. I have reverted to old drivers but it seems like it's still happening. :(

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

My drivers auto-updated this morning so I thought it might be that. I have reverted to old drivers but it seems like it's still happening. :(

What even is the crash?

33 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

What even is the crash?

It's a crash every time I try to save the game. 

It seems like it is a common crash for those with Asus laptops. 

I have seen that reverting the last Windows update worked so I am doing that now. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

It's a crash every time I try to save the game. 

It seems like it is a common crash for those with Asus laptops. 

I have seen that reverting the last Windows update worked so I am doing that now. 

But what actually happens?

If Windows updated after the last time it worked then it's going to be that, if not the drivers.

Even with older games like FM 07, there's a certain update that stops that (and other old games) from playing. I ignored it, but one random time it installed it anyway, so had to uninstall and ignore it again.

8 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

But what actually happens?

If Windows updated after the last time it worked then it's going to be that, if not the drivers.

Even with older games like FM 07, there's a certain update that stops that (and other old games) from playing. I ignored it, but one random time it installed it anyway, so had to uninstall and ignore it again.

When I try to save a game I get the following message. 

ed69d225f35d2ef40524f0f59112a2c1.png

It happens each and every time. 

I upgraded the drivers this morning so I have reversed that so it's not that. 

I have uninstalled the windows update so it's not that. 

There are loads of threads created in the last few days about the same problems. 

Hopefully the lads in the office manage to sort it out tomorrow. 

18 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Does anyone know a good club that is not in a competition of the top 10 European countries or Holland and has extremely low expectations so I can build on the road in a relaxed manner?

I'm having a great time at FC BW Linz in the Austrian Erste Liga (2nd Tier), the club starts off (in FM17 at least) as the only semi-pro club at that level, so extremely low expectations, I'm currently in my 5th Season (which is my 2nd longest FM save ever) and I haven't even gotten promoted yet.

17 minutes ago, GloryFan2002 said:

I'm having a great time at FC BW Linz in the Austrian Erste Liga (2nd Tier), the club starts off (in FM17 at least) as the only semi-pro club at that level, so extremely low expectations, I'm currently in my 5th Season (which is my 2nd longest FM save ever) and I haven't even gotten promoted yet.

Your response is slightly too late as i've already picked NK Imotski from the Croatian 2nd (or 3rd in FM18) tier, but i'll keep it in mind for if this save fails.

I have the Scottish leagues loaded, but whenever I'm looking for a new job in the summer there's never any SPL clubs looking. Does anyone here have Scottish leagues loaded? Is there a resistance to sacking managers or am I missing something here?...

Right so I've decided I'm going to start a new career thread again - part way through 2nd season with Rayo Vallecano. Gonna get to 1st Jan then start it from there, looking forward to posting again.

Anyone who has played in Azerbaijan before? Seems like a great competition for me, with a short-ish season and two clubs that have the potential for world domination.

Edited by Minuy600

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

Finished my first season as a U13 coach today, and we finished it with style, clinching promotion to a higher division. :cool: 0:2 down at half time, won 3:2 in the end. They parked the bus and just hoofed it at the quick guy they had up front, but they were absolutely knackered in the second half and we roared back. Great day for the boys, a couple of them really proved their character. :cool:

Gonna be coaching mostly the same group in the U14 league next season. Onwards and upwards!

brendan rodgers liveool fc GIF

Congrats, man!  The boys should be rightly proud!

5 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Finished my first season as a U13 coach today, and we finished it with style, clinching promotion to a higher division. :cool: 0:2 down at half time, won 3:2 in the end. They parked the bus and just hoofed it at the quick guy they had up front, but they were absolutely knackered in the second half and we roared back. Great day for the boys, a couple of them really proved their character. :cool:

Gonna be coaching mostly the same group in the U14 league next season. Onwards and upwards!

Excellent stuff man! :applause:
Does the team you're managing have a first team? If so, they might make for a tasty career mode...

5 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Excellent stuff man! :applause:
Does the team you're managing have a first team? If so, they might make for a tasty career mode...

Only up to the U17s, no senior team I'm afraid.

Thank you. :thup:

Despite having FM18 I am constantly drawn to my FM16 save where I have achieved much in my career. My record goes:

Cambridge 2015-2026

2015/16: League 2  2nd (promoted)

2016/17: League 1 13th

2017/18: League 1 1st 

2018/19: Championship 13th 

2019/2020: Championship 3rd (lost playoff final)

2020/2021: Championship 1st 

2021/2022: Premier League 17th

2022/23: Premier League 15th

2023/24: Premier League 11th 

2024/25: Premier League 12th

2025/26: Premier League 1st 

2026/27: Premier League 17th (November 2026)

Barrow 2026-2027

2026/27: League 1 1st

Cambridge 2027-2032

2027/28: Premier League 4th 

2028/29: Premier League 3rd 

2029/30: Premier League 1st 

2030/31: Premier League 1st 

2031/32: Premier League 1st 

Barrow 2032-

2032/33 League 1 2nd (promoted)

2033/34 Championship 2nd (promoted)

2034/35 Premier League 6th (Europa League)

2035/36 Premier League 9th 

2036/37 Premier League 3rd (Champions League)

2037/38 Premier League 1st 

Major Trophies 

Champions League 2031

World Club Cup 2031

Once I've taken Barrow to Champions League glory I will look to go abroad and conquer Europe as i feel like I've done everything in England. 

Edited by JJFM