Sports Interactive Community
kirtig

Player classed as homegrown and foreign

Hi, 

I am in the season 2024-2025 as manager of fc united. I have had a payer on loan from manchester united for 2 years and purchased him outright in the 3rd year. As he has been in the country for 3 years before 21 (21 now). However he is actually Serbian (United purchased him 1 year before I loaned him. 

Now I am in the post brexit rules scenario where the squad is allowed a maximum of 17 foreign players and a minimum of 8 players trained in england for 3 years. However when I add the player into the squad both the foreign count and english count goes up by 1. Surely it should be 1 or the other or would the player need an english passport?

Thanks

image.thumb.png.6e375f2d47abfbd4cd7ca34c383d61e7.png

5abd558547c93_fmscreenshot.PNG.17a69b0a9dd769e41d87737ccf210c6f.PNG

It is possible for a player to be classed as foreign and homegrown. I've got quite a few of them in my Dagenham team on FM13. A real-life example of such a player would be Cesc Fabregas - a Spanish citizen, but developed in England by Arsenal.

As @CFuller has said, this is perfectly correct.  A player is classed as foreign based on his nationality or citizenship.  His homegrown status is based on how long he has been trained at a club or country, irrespective of his nationality

You can also, get the opposite.  Eric Dier being english but trained in portugal