FM 2017 is a joke!! (and so am i) ;) <3

Yes, you heard me. I am, if i may say, a very capable manager in the game and i´ve taken a division 1 team up to the highest league in Sweden and i´ve finished at fifth position at best. And the advancement have been pretty much straight up. But now! It all goes to hell for me and the team and i can see me sacked in a near future, and i am pretty sure of why as well, I´ts because i´ve had a too big troop exchange and now the team is unbalanced, heck, they´ve been reduced to rookies, players that are 4.5 to 5 star players now play down t0 6.2 ratings in the games and all chances are fumbled away while the opposition have a very merry christmas in my teams penalty area, every chance they get the opposition score on and i lose the premiere matches with 4-0 to 6-0 scores. And aaaaaaall because of that the team is in total dissarray because of newly arrived players. Totally unrealistic, you make one mistake and all is lost. It doesnt matter that you do EVERYTHING else just right. Pathetic game!!

Over and out, God bless.

I've always been baffled by random people who have to announce they are leaving. Anyway, good bye and hope you find a game you like better. 

26 minutes ago, Fortune66 said:

Yes, you heard me. I am, if i may say, a very capable manager in the game and i´ve taken a division 1 team up to the highest league in Sweden and i´ve finished at fifth position at best. And the advancement have been pretty much straight up. But now! It all goes to hell for me and the team and i can see me sacked in a near future, and i am pretty sure of why as well, I´ts because i´ve had a too big troop exchange and now the team is unbalanced, heck, they´ve been reduced to rookies, players that are 4.5 to 5 star players now play down t0 6.2 ratings in the games and all chances are fumbled away while the opposition have a very merry christmas in my teams penalty area, every chance they get the opposition score on and i lose the premiere matches with 4-0 to 6-0 scores. And aaaaaaall because of that the team is in total dissarray because of newly arrived players. Totally unrealistic, you make one mistake and all is lost. It doesnt matter that you do EVERYTHING else just right. Pathetic game!!

Over and out, God bless.

So you made a huge number of signings, got rid of the core of your squad, and now you're complaining that they're not playing well together as a unit?

Have you never watched real football?

Signings take time to adapt to a new team, they take time to learn how to play together, how to work within the tactical system and until that happens they never perform that well. If you throw a large group of new players in together at the same time it's going to be exponentially worse. You've now got a lot of players who don't know each other, don't have any chemistry, aren't used to the tactical system and are obviously not going to perform as well as they are capable of.

Tell me, when was the last time you saw a team in real life make wholesale changes to their squad, like you have, and hit the ground running afterwards?

Xaw wtf conclussions do you jump to? Where have i said that i am leaving and what am i leaving? Stop playing the game you mean? Yeah, it is drawing near. Are you drunk or something? And i am as a paying customer in my full right to express my views of the game. You, go and troll somewhere else please.

1 minute ago, mack4ever said:

So you made a huge number of signings, got rid of the core of your squad, and now you're complaining that they're not playing well together as a unit?

Have you never watched real football?

Signings take time to adapt to a new team, they take time to learn how to play together, how to work within the tactical system and until that happens they never perform that well. If you throw a large group of new players in together at the same time it's going to be exponentially worse. You've now got a lot of players who don't know each other, don't have any chemistry, aren't used to the tactical system and are obviously not going to perform as well as they are capable of.

Tell me, when was the last time you saw a team in real life make wholesale changes to their squad, like you have, and hit the ground running afterwards?

They dont make all the difference in the world. And top players shouldnt all need time to adapt for a whole season. I played maximum preseason training matches. They should be well prepared as a squad.

7 minutes ago, Fortune66 said:

Xaw wtf conclussions do you jump to? Where have i said that i am leaving and what am i leaving? Stop playing the game you mean? Yeah, it is drawing near. Are you drunk or something? And i am as a paying customer in my full right to express my views of the game. You, go and troll somewhere else please.

40 minutes ago, Fortune66 said:

Over and out, God bless.

That makes it seems you are heading out somewhere and wishing us well in an ironic tone. You might have payed for the game, but the game doesn't come with a carte blanch here on the forum. You are blaming your own shortcomings as a manager on the game when it doesn't go your way. You have rocketed up the leagues and overachieved way beyond what should be possible and then complain when proper teams are crushing you, as they should, mind. You have not stated ANYTHING resembling any information anyone could use to help you. The tone of your posts does not exactly invite for a nice logical conversation about possible issues with the game. That post is a rant, plain and simple. Should you want actual help with how to deal with overachieving and other teams going defensive against you and hitting your on the break (as I assume you are experiencing) then properly explain what you are doing and what isn't working and then someone might want to help you. Trolling? Take a look in the mirror, my friend.

Oh, and I'm far from drunk, though now that you mention it, I might go get a beer...

1 hour ago, Fortune66 said:

Over and out, God bless.

Your rage is understandable, I feel your pain, i’ve been through this kinda thing. The game is class though and their are unrealistic things in FM where you have to accept them, if you are going to enjoy the game. I completely agree with your point, in real life if a team in sweden got brought out, brought 11 new top players, you know they would win the league, on fm it’s massively unlikely, however;

use team cohesion focus in training and play friendlies every couple days.

Well, i am mighty dissapointed. It´s not a totally pathetic game. It´s just that all that i´ve invested in this team seems to very well be lost. I did go on vacation for awhile and the team seemed to pull themselves together a bit. I am close to the relegation spots after 8 matches played though. Lets see where it will end :) 

3 hours ago, Fortune66 said:

They dont make all the difference in the world. And top players shouldnt all need time to adapt for a whole season. I played maximum preseason training matches. They should be well prepared as a squad.

Did you set Team Cohesion as your General Training focus?  Team Cohesion feeds into something called "Blend".  Blend is a match engine modifier, so if your team have low familiarity with each other because of a lack of Team Cohesion then the Blend ME modifier won't work in your favour and your results can suffer accordingly.

1 hour ago, Fortune66 said:

I did go on vacation for awhile

This also concerns me.  You lose all control over your team when you go on holiday so unless you have a god-like Assistant Manager you are potentially leaving yourself open to all kinds of crazy.  You have all the advantages over the AI.  Use them !  :)

1) Rocket through the leagues and attribute this to own tactical genius rather than a lack of realism.

2) Fail to sustain success in top division when re shaping squad and blame this on a lack of realism.

Perceived realism is more selective on FM than any other game in history.

16 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Try FM18 lolol 

Fm17 is a far better package . 

You have made your point and offered your opinion on this on a regular basis, but now you are in danger of overdoing it- please give it a break.

An update on my horrible start of 2027´s season. I must say that i was unlucky that i met the best teams at the start of the season so i believe that was as well a contributing part of the first heavy losses. Now it´s much better really, i´ve left the 14´th place of the table and i am up on ninth and the team is on a roll and as the season progresses i get a much better view of wich players that qualifies for the starting lineup and who doesnt. But the board as well expects the team to be in the top three places i believe and that can be tough really to achieve. I just hope i wont get sacked at the end of this season.

God bless and happy hanuka all.

Cheers

22 minutes ago, Fortune66 said:

An update on my horrible start of 2027´s season. I must say that i was unlucky that i met the best teams at the start of the season so i believe that was as well a contributing part of the first heavy losses. Now it´s much better really, i´ve left the 14´th place of the table and i am up on ninth and the team is on a roll and as the season progresses i get a much better view of wich players that qualifies for the starting lineup and who doesnt. But the board as well expects the team to be in the top three places i believe and that can be tough really to achieve. I just hope i wont get sacked at the end of this season.

God bless and happy hanuka all.

Cheers

and just like that, Fortune66 is the greatest manager that lived and FM is realistic again.

Wattzy give me a break. Ok, so people think im slandering the series now and that i am bragging and that im a doosh. Whatever. Stop putting words in my mouth, i am NOT judging the games realism depending on my own success with my club. I think that´s unfair to suggest.

And an update as well on my game. They´ve snatched my best fullbacks now and the team is on the verge of revolution. Deals i had no saying in since the board thought it was a "great" deal to sell my top defenceman for around 900K pounds. In a year he would have been worth the double and im down on the defence and about to meet the "Baal" of the swedish premier league, the number 1 team Hammarby. Lets see how it goes.

Archived