Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
calcal

Real Life Career Updates?

Good evening everyone. Couldn't find this place. Haven't got FM09 installed at the minute so can not contribute in that sense, but look forward to having a nose around everyone else's careers.

Well done for setting this up!

What he said. I don't have a game worth writing about at the moment but I'll be posting as soon as I get back into the game properly.

You can post an FM08 career instead Peter.

C.

I uninstalled it but reinstalled just from sheer temptation. Looking forward to getting myself started. Just need to decide how to set-up my game.

While I understand there is a two season rule, what can be done so that the full impact of being an unemployed manager can hit the updates. Starting unemployed loses all of it's impact if you can only update after two seasons. I want to involve the readers in my journey for a job aswell and my beginnings as being unknown to the club. What can I do?

While I understand there is a two season rule, what can be done so that the full impact of being an unemployed manager can hit the updates. Starting unemployed loses all of it's impact if you can only update after two seasons. I want to involve the readers in my journey for a job aswell and my beginnings as being unknown to the club. What can I do?

There is no two season rule.

There is no two season rule.

Could have swore that there was when I last looked. Cheers anyway Dafuge.

Could have swore that there was when I last looked. Cheers anyway Dafuge.

There was one put in there originally but it was removed after a bit of discussion.

Is the 'player naming' thing that you have to put in the title really necessary? Not in an angry way, was just wondering the reasons for it?

Is the 'player naming' thing that you have to put in the title really necessary? Not in an angry way, was just wondering the reasons for it?

It is neccesary imo, some people may not want to go into a thread that has player naming so they can find players themselves (although after this long I'd be shocked if people didn't know most players now!)

It was pretty unanimous in the other thread that player naming tags would be a good idea, they don't hurt anyone but warn those who don't want to see things. :)

So our desire for a forum became reality, shame i seemingly missed it. however over the next couple of days i'll bring you up to speed on my Beverley town save, unless the rules were randomly changed.

Why do some sections have the black colour scheme and others have the blue one?

I want the black one for everything :(

(Player Naming) has mysteriously disappeared from the title of my update :confused:

maybe its just assumed player names will be in all now :)

No it isn't necessary. Its even removed from the rules.

It is neccesary imo, some people may not want to go into a thread that has player naming so they can find players themselves (although after this long I'd be shocked if people didn't know most players now!)

It was pretty unanimous in the other thread that player naming tags would be a good idea, they don't hurt anyone but warn those who don't want to see things. :)

I think it is fair to assume that if you are reading a report on someone's career, you are going to see the names of the players they have. It would be a pretty weird report if it avoided any mention of the players in their team.

Is there going to be any distinction between FMS and Updates? Atm a lot of these threads would probably be ok in FMS, the only problem is pictures. Imo a clear distinction has to be made as otherwise we have two stories forums and two sets of fans, the only major difference is that there's more attention from others in here, perhaps that's part of the reason it was made.

I think it is fair to assume that if you are reading a report on someone's career, you are going to see the names of the players they have. It would be a pretty weird report if it avoided any mention of the players in their team.

Thats exactly what I thought.

Thanks to the mods for taking the time and effort to make, and moderate, the forum. :thup:

I'll be starting a new game this weekend and will start a thread here for the career. Thanks again.

Thanks to the mods for taking the time and effort to make, and moderate, the forum. :thup:

Indeed :thup: A big thankyou for listening and acting upon our wishes :thup:

{url=www.imageshack.us/blahblah}Player Name{/url}

Exchange { for [. Click reply to this post to see what I mean, if you're unsure.

Player Name

Cheers, I always wondered about that.

Indeed :thup: A big thankyou for listening and acting upon our wishes :thup:

Gotta agree its great to finally have this place here I didnt think it would happen, thanks for listening to us lot.

How do I change my screenshot from www.imageshack.us/blahblah so that it can say my players name to click on.

Type your players namein the post as normal>highlight it by click and drag>click icon of world with chain link in tool bar>copy and past IMG link there.

Saves any typing of code :thup:

I use photobucket. Never used imageshack tbh. Is it better?

What is the meaning of ahmufcwafc's username, since you won't shut-up about it?

He's got it in his location and that equates to not shutting up about it? Bizarre.

Why do some sections have the black colour scheme and others have the blue one?

I want the black one for everything :(

Agree with this, I much prefer the FM theme. It probably will be changed at some stage taking into account that all the other FM sub forums have the black theme.

If you really want to know it's ****************************** (Ahmufcwafc's name)

Also I like this blue colour skin for this forum. It's Wicked!!

He's got it in his location and that equates to not shutting up about it? Bizarre.

Have you never seen his posts? Always ends with "I GUESSED HIS USERNAMEE, GO ME!"

What exactly is the difference between this forum and the Stories Forum ? Been thinking about writing a thing or two as my current savegame progresses (with short summary of what happened thus far in a season-by-season overview) and now i´m kind of confused as to where i would put it ?

What exactly is the difference between this forum and the Stories Forum ? Been thinking about writing a thing or two as my current savegame progresses (with short summary of what happened thus far in a season-by-season overview) and now i´m kind of confused as to where i would put it ?

We are in the process of dealing with this. Some of the threads here are basically ones for FMS, but we will clarify soon enough.

It sounds as though you would be better posting in here. This forum is more for overview type of posts whereas FMS is more for 'writing'.

That´s what i was hoping really, suits my time schedule more as of now and that´s what allways has put me off putting sth in the stories forum where there is some serious writing going on in some topics ;) Would likely "plan" to make like 5,6 updates a season really, so that would propably fit here best i suppose.

We are in the process of dealing with this. Some of the threads here are basically ones for FMS, but we will clarify soon enough.

It sounds as though you would be better posting in here. This forum is more for overview type of posts whereas FMS is more for 'writing'.

I suppose somone will nominate my thread for this FMS style. I can't help the way I play :(

There's some in mine Captain. If you want any more they could be easily got.

Would like to see more screenshots in peoples updates, helps the immersion.

Anything at all in yours would be good Captain ;)

We're all waiting with baited breath!

This forum is for career updates in a factual style.

The stories forum is for a fictional story based around a FM save creating characters, giving depth and background to them with the actual save playing second fiddle.

What forum would my thread fall under?

I'd say this one. Mine falls under scrutiny due to paying attention of detail. Damn you School!!! :D :D

I agree with Saxonaitor, quite clearly this forum as you are reporting on your save as opposed to creating a story based around it.

No way man - Photobucket is best for viewing.

Agree with this, Imageshack seems to make a popup whenever I open a link for it?

Imageshack for me. Make a picture link on the forum and their is no pop up

There's a way of preventing the stupid popups on imageshack - right-click the image then go 'view image'. If you copy and paste that link it'll just show the screenshot alone (without the site in the background) and there'll be no popups. Most people on here don't know about that though so there's no way of stopping them fully.

Personally, I prefer links to images over using the coding. It takes ages to load up pages if there's a load of people posting screenshots using the image code. I don't mind if there's only a few embedded images in a thread though.

This forum is for career updates in a factual style.

The stories forum is for a fictional story based around a FM save creating characters, giving depth and background to them with the actual save playing second fiddle.

Well put.

But as Neji said everything will be made clear later on.

Personally, I prefer links to images over using the coding. It takes ages to load up pages if there's a load of people posting screenshots using the image code. I don't mind if there's only a few embedded images in a thread though.

I agree with you.....partly.

A free for all thread, yes. Otherwise you get images all over the place, and all different sizes. However, threads similar to the ones on this forum, I like the image in front of me and I think it adds impact to the thread.

You can force the forums to have this view for you personally, as I have it set. So anytime someone uses the img tags, it still only comes up as a link.