Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season   Team              League          		    Position   Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This you mean?

Type this but remove the *'s

[*code]

Season Team League Position Achievements

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/code*]

In a career can you manage international teams from non active countries?

In my Italian legacy game I have only selected England and Italy as active leagues the rest are view only. I have since applied for the French U19 post but no decision has been made and they are now playing in the U19 tournament with no manager? Is my game flawed by not selecting other leagues as view only :(

Need a bit of advice lads. Have recently started a career game with Sunday League experience but its so hard to advance, spent a few years in Japan and now im at a horrendous team in NZ, so I might start a new one.

1) Start Semi-Pro

2) Sunday League but start as international manager of Ireland U21 or 19.

So whatcha think would be best lads ? I like a good realistic challenge but its so hard :(

I have spent ... sheesh ... five months building out a new FM2010 universe in which I will be managing closely 3 teams, and loosely 2 others. I'll be writing it up as I go, putting most of the info at http://mknn.wordpress.com/

My question is if it would be appropriate to create a thread here, and, say, update it every few weeks of gameplay with the highlights? Most of the content would stay on the blog, but I'd love to have other people monitor/comment as I went as well. Would that fall within the "appropriate use" of the forum?

Need a bit of advice lads. Have recently started a career game with Sunday League experience but its so hard to advance, spent a few years in Japan and now im at a horrendous team in NZ, so I might start a new one.

1) Start Semi-Pro

2) Sunday League but start as international manager of Ireland U21 or 19.

So whatcha think would be best lads ? I like a good realistic challenge but its so hard :(

The second option would interest me the most.

It depends - with the monthly updates, I sometimes have two or three written up before posting (especially when I have an hour or so's play on the sly at work, where I can't access the internet ;)). When I'm playing at home I just update whenver I'm ready to.

Do people generally play very far ahead before posting an update or do you do it as you go along?

I usually play a season or two ahead just to, as MeLikeFM said, make sure the game has some longevity.

Is anyone else struggling with their FM time due to the World Cup?

Quite the opposite really. I'm watching the World Cup games with FM on my laptop on my knee :D But then again, I have just broke my arm :( so i've got plenty of spare time at the minute :D

Is anyone else struggling with their FM time due to the World Cup? :D

I am. I played a bit yesterday during the matches just to get my season finished off but usually during a big tournament like this I try to turn my laptop off during the matches.

My World Cup time has been limited too - along with a few mates from work, we've been taking turns to host the final game of each day so there's no chance to have one eye on the game and one on the laptop!

Hope the arm heals soon Raware. :thup:

Quite the opposite really. I'm watching the World Cup games with FM on my laptop on my knee But then again, I have just broke my arm :( so i've got plenty of spare time at the minute

How can you manage to concentrate on the game and on FM?

I am. I played a bit yesterday during the matches just to get my season finished off but usually during a big tournament like this I try to turn my laptop off during the matches.

Exactly this. Otherwise, I won't appreciate the games. Or I'll lose concentration on FM and go on a big losing streak. Or, worse case scenario, both! :D

Although some of the matches haven't exactly been sensational viewing so far and I have been tempted a few times to fire up FM in the background. :D

Hope the arm heals soon Raware.

Me too. :thup:

I Wish My Cock Was As Long As This Save

:D

Im in 2017 now and with a regional rep I dont think I will ever get a club job, so I will wait till I get a club job before posting. Ill post my leagues later and somebody can tell me if I have a chance of getting a job :D

Egypt ( top league only )

South Africa ( First division and above )

Japan ( top only )

Mexico ( top only )

USA ( MLS )

England ( Championship and above )

Ireland ( first division and above )

Spain ( top only )

Austrailia ( top only )

NZ ( top only )

Argentina ( first division and above )

Jesus what was I thinking, Ill struggle to catch a break I think :(

2 things)

Did anything become of an awards ceremony on here?

And

I'm probably going to try and put another save up here and people don't mind if I start at my current club do they? Been at Scunthorpe before but it only lasted half a season.

2 things)

And

I'm probably going to try and put another save up here and people don't mind if I start at my current club do they? Been at Scunthorpe before but it only lasted half a season.

One will probably happen around when FM 11 comes out or the end of the year.

2 things)

And

As has been mentioned, after the summer this forum would have had a whole year with FM10, which seems like as good a time as any to have an awards ceremony, if we have one.

I'm sure people won't mind, but perhaps you could just do a quick post explaining what happened in the first six months and why you left.

Think ill start a new one, I had fun as Ireland U19 boss for 11 years but I cant get a club job so I reckon Ill just start a new game unemployed with many more leagues :D

Why not do a Rovers save? Or a TFC one. :p

Don't forget to load some Asian leagues. Or go with a 90 league setup like me and start a journeyman career. :cool:

The cool people load Japan with real players. :p

I have Japan loaded in my new game but the team names are wrong and I presume the players are too but what would I know.

hah the cool people are playing from level 10 England! :p

I did a game but got bored after level 7.

Don' forget all the cool people load New Zealand as well.

Have it loaded but my NZ I think is different to yours, I downloaded it from editors, no play-offs.

Why not do a Rovers save? Or a TFC one. :p

Don't forget to load some Asian leagues. Or go with a 90 league setup like me and start a journeyman career. :cool:

Have a Rovers save, relatively succesful and its in about 2014, TFC may be a future option.

I have started a new game, 23 leagues. Got a great job in Japan to start as none of their clubs have managers.

Archived